New Dark Quarterer album

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

GJ wrote:
Helm wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:And not cheating their fans.
How are they cheating their fans? Jesus, you make some statements. 'Violence' was close to being better than the first two DQ Lps in my opinion and I'm sure you don't agree but where exactly does cheating their fans come in? DQ strike me as one of the most honest and original HM bands there are, and you're saying they're cheating their fans because what?
Can't agree more. I absolutely adore Violence.

Man, it must be hard to be a fan (and having them).
I don't like much of what they've done after The Etruscan Prophecy, but I really can't see how they're "cheating their fans" either. They don't sound the same as they did 20 years ago, but they're still a band with integrity making music they can get behind. It's not as if they're selling out or anything.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Much agreement (though I like the new material equally!)
Oldlion

Dark Quarterer - Symbols

Post by Oldlion »

Hallo to our friends and fans in Greece !!!!
How can you consider a new song of DQ listening only 1 time.
as you know our songs needs minimum 5 or 6 passages for coming inside the heart of it.
the first reviews in italy but in france and hungary too has very good words for our last release.
no one says it's a bad work.
obviously many things are changed and a lot of water has been passed under our bridges......
we love our fans but we love the music too and the music is
researching, experimentation , changing and return to the old way too,but everything always under inspiration.
"Dark Quarterer" will never play as the first or the second album but DQ will give always his effort to create not business or commercial music.
thinked and played with the heart !!!!!!
the rest is only a question of taste, only a question of TASTE.......
listen 5 or times 2 songs on our myspace and then give a judge .nevagive or positive but please listen very well before
thanks to all of you you are great people
My life for music
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Hello Oldlion,
How can you consider a new song of DQ listening only 1 time
listen 5 or times 2 songs on our myspace and then give a judge .nevagive or positive but please listen very well before
Personally i don't have the time to listen 6 times to 10+ minute songs that i didn't like at all at the first listen. And i can surely trust what my ears are hearing after my 18 year involvement with music. If i feel that something needs to be heard more than once then i will hear it as many times as necessary until i am sure about it, the new DQ track i heard at the gig unfortunately doesn't fit in this category.

John
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Oldlion

Post by Oldlion »

my friend,
DQ is a band born on 1982 and a lot of water has been passed under our bridges....
Fulberto Serena leave the band on 1989 and after that age the way of composition has been obviously changed.
I think that is a question of taste and could be possible that our actual music yo don't agree and other people too....but we are musicians and we have to search new way to compose, to find new arrangements becouse music is Phantasy and experimentation....I'm sorry You don't have the time to listen....but I hope that someone has.......
have a good summertime and give a great hallo to all greeck people
Gianni
My life for music
Oldlion

Post by Oldlion »

my friend,
DQ is a band born on 1982 and a lot of water has been passed under our bridges....
Fulberto Serena leave the band on 1989 and after that age the way of composition has been obviously changed.
I think that is a question of taste and could be possible that our actual music yo don't agree and other people too....but we are musicians and we have to search new way to compose, to find new arrangements becouse music is Phantasy and experimentation....I'm sorry You don't have the time to listen....but I hope that someone has.......
have a good summertime and give a great hallo to all greeck people
Gianni
My life for music
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

My point was that someone might not need those 5-6 listens to understand your music, people understand and conceive music in different ways.
I, for example, got into Watchtower and Rush from the very first time i heard them, but needed few years to get into certain Motorhead albums. You simply cannot tell how things work in each one's mind.
I'm glad you are doing things the way you like without being told by any label what to do and i believe you should keep it this way. It's just the fact that the last albums of DQ don't apply to me (haven't heard the last one in its entirety), it's simply a matter of taste, some enjoyed them a lot, some others not so much.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Oldlion

Post by Oldlion »

That's right my friend...that's right.....
My life for music
Oblivion Knight

Post by Oblivion Knight »

I admit I didnt buy this yet - had a listen just once from a friend but
its an absolutely killer album for anyone into prog....very intelligent..not so metal more rock with some pomp but def the best of the newer albums

as for comparison the with adramelch how do you know when they wrote the songs for broken history?...it wasnt recently thats for sure. their new sound has a heavy queensryche influence....or havent you heard their new stuff yet? not so far from DQ with the prog influence. while i love both of these italian bands DQ have a darker less main stream edge that separates them from adramelch
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Oblivion Knight! hahaha, that's your name for this forum? What a choice!!!! That's obscure shit man :!: :lol:
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

I have to agree I don't like the new one too. Violence is great though, as are the other albums. There's one track on Symbols that I really like though (I thought it was The Blind Church).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing the album of Fulberto Seren's new band, Etrusgrave. The track that I heard on youtube sounded like Dark Quarterer meets Manowar to these ears.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Have been listening to the new one, and I'm sorry to say that it doesn't really appeal to me at all. Sounds a little like a Deep Purple album with very few good ideas. Sorry, but to me it's a downer. Still can't believe Fucking Åmål called them out for "cheating their fans" though.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.