Metal Merchants, Norway - 30-31.jan. 2009

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Cargonaut

Post by Cargonaut »

Hi there!

Not very polite of me to introduce myself with a commercial, but since you already have this thread about us, I thought I'd register and give you the last news myself. Here is the sixth newsletter from us:
Newsletter #6 – Full lineup feat. HIRAX!!!

Joy to the metal world, people. Here is the latest news from the northern defenders of great metal and the eternal underground.

As stated from their homepage, www.blackdevilrecords.com:

HIRAX began in Los Angeles in 1984, but because of the weak metal scene in their area, they spent most of their time playing in San Francisco along with Slayer, Metallica, and Exodus, who were all part of the exciting new metal emerging from the Bay area. The original lineup was Katon W. De Pena (vocals), Bob Savage (guitar), Gary Monardo (bass), and Brian Keith (drums). They released a four-song demo in 1984. Their songs at the time were more similar to the metal bands such as Saxon, Tygers of Pan Tang, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal period. This demo was widely circulated and the band became known and respected worldwide through the metal tape trading underground.

The rest is, as usual, history. HIRAX is what METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL is all about. Staying real, staying tough, staying METAL, Katon and his crew will come to Oslo to do the METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL.

Those of you that surprisingly haven't decided yet, now has no more reasons to stay home the last weekend of january. With HIRAX completing what we would call an excellent lineup, this is what you can expect so far (but still with a surprise or two up our sleeves, you shouldn't wait any longer with ordering your tickets from mail@metalmerchantsfestival.com):

HALLOWS EVE
HIRAX
ARTILLERY
BEEHLER
MEKONG DELTA
WARNING
VENDETTA
VALHALL
TRIVIAL ACT
ENFORCER

DJ crew: Geir Fosby (High Voltage Radio Show), Götz Kühnemund (Rock Hard Magazine), Fenriz (Darkthrone and Tyrant Syndicate) and Leif Kringen (Scream Magazine).

The place is still Kanonhallen in Oslo, and the dates are January 30th and 31st.

We can also inform you that APOCALYPTIC EMPIRE RECORDS will show up with plenty of great merch, as well as official merchandise for the bands and the festival. Festival shirts can also soon be ordered from the METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL'S webpage.

Until we meet again and the case is solved, as a wise man once said,

Best regards
Sigurd Diablo, Ronny Diablo and Stian Diablo
METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL
www.metalmerchantsfestival.com - Metal as it used to be!
Cargonaut

Post by Cargonaut »

nabel wrote:Nice line-up but Norway is just too expensive for me now... And Beehler&Hirax&Enforcer will play in Helsinki same weekend (sunday) so it's not a hard choice.
The plan was the following weekend. But due to different stuff (nothing serious, just crashing schedules as far as I know), that gig is not happening. But all bands will of course play at Metal Merchants Festival, and we (and the Finnish promoter) are thinking as hell to fix something cool for both Finland and Sweden as well, that time or some other.

Nice job of someone to announce the gig in Finland though, so You guys have got the chance to be disappointed.

But as for now, nothing is confirmed, except MMF.

Stian
Cargonaut

Post by Cargonaut »

Hi again!

We're getting close now, and the time schedule is ready.

FRI
TBA (Trivial Act unfortunately had to cancel due to internal stuff)
Enforcer
Vendetta
Beehler
Mekong Delta

SAT
Vesen showcase
Valhall
Warning
Artillery
Hirax
Hallows Eve

Hoping to see some of you there!

Stian
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Jeg skal være der Stian, jeg lover.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ShadowGallery

Post by ShadowGallery »

Nice billing, sad that I´m not able to travel to Norway at that time....
What about WARNING ? I´ve heard they split up, lately.....
Guess they´re canceled ?
PsychoDad

Post by PsychoDad »

ShadowGallery wrote:Nice billing, sad that I´m not able to travel to Norway at that time....
Guess they´re canceled ?
No, I think the festival-management got a confirmation from Pat Walker stating that Warning will play at Metal Merchants festival as scheduled.
ShadowGallery

Post by ShadowGallery »

PsychoDad wrote:
ShadowGallery wrote:Nice billing, sad that I´m not able to travel to Norway at that time....
Guess they´re canceled ?
No, I think the festival-management got a confirmation from Pat Walker stating that Warning will play at Metal Merchants festival as scheduled.

Well, I hope they don´t split up, one of the most unique doom bands around.....
great_knuthulhu

ShadowGallery wrote:
PsychoDad wrote:
Guess they´re canceled ?

Well, I hope they don´t split up, one of the most unique doom bands around.....
Oh, they have split up, but they'll do that gig first. Pat Walker will be making more music though.
great_knuthulhu

Pagan Altar have been confirmed as replacement for Hallows Eve at the Metal Merchants festival.

I love early Hallows Eve, but that is quite a replacement.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Man, what an excellent festival. I wish I could go there... way too expensive though.
Cargonaut

Post by Cargonaut »

Allright, pistoleros and señoritas!

It seems we finally have landed on a lineup for METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL, unfortunately very late, but fortunately DAMNED GOOD!

For our last spot, we're proud to present one of the classic acts from European Thrash Central, namely Germany, and that act is none less than terror experts ASSASSIN! With their 1986 classic The Upcoming Terror, ASSASSIN made a name for themselves far beyond the borders of Germany, and amongst many others, a couple of guys at METAL MERCHANTS have followed and loved ASSASSIN ever since.

This means that things are shaping up, and although the times are yet to be finally adjusted, this is the order of our awesome lineup;

Friday

Enforcer
Vendetta
Pagan Altar
Beehler
Mekong Delta

Saturday

Vesen showcase
Valhall
Warning
Assassin
Artillery
Hirax

And the tickets are flying, so if You're planning to go but haven't bought Your festival ticket yet, You should do it, and do it fast.

Best regards,

NemeSIGURD, Fight - To Stop the TyRONNY and ASSASSTIAN!