"Anvil! The Story of Anvil"

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Nightlock

"Anvil! The Story of Anvil"

Post by Nightlock »

Anyone else looking forward to this upcoming film? For those who don't know British director Sacha Gervasi who apparently was a friend and did some Roadie work for Anvil in the early days. Has made a documentary film that shows the ups and downs of their recent European tour plus looks back on their long career and asks the question why they never made it that big.

More information can be found here http://www.anvilmetal.tk/ plus a promo video halfway down the page.

Also this may interest some: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMwYEkoLT1M

Metal On Metal being one of the greatest albums of all time I can't wait to see this film.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Looks interesting.
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

I saw this last night and it was brilliant. And I've never been much of an Anvil fan. Lips comes across as one of the nicest blokes you'd ever want to meet - even if he does seem a little naive. The story itself is heartwarming in the extreme.

Where I watched it there was a standing ovation given at the end of the film. Which is saying something when probably 80% of the people in the theatre were not heavy metal fans.

Definitely recommended if you get a chance to see it.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Where in Australia are you? is it coming to Melbourne at all?
"On your knees
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

I'm up in Sydney. They had a one off screening as part of the Sydney Film Festival.

I have a feeling that there'll be a more general release soon, but I'm not sure when. Hopefully the website will post that sort of news.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Bah thats awesome Ian. I hope it comes out on DVD.
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

have not seen it but I will not be surprised if I notice myself somewhere in the film as I was shot on camera with the band back on their Greek dates...
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

StygianBlade wrote:have not seen it but I will not be surprised if I notice myself somewhere in the film as I was shot on camera with the band back on their Greek dates...
The Greek part of the tour was like a 20 second clip if not less they focused more on the bad dates of the tour. Great film by the way it is very sad at times and as Tom said (Korgüll who scored me a free ticket - thanks again!) it's not good how people laughed at inappropriate moments when the band was poring their heart out. Makes you want to go out and buy multiple copies of their 2007 self financed album.
"On your knees