Helvetets Port

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nabel

Post by nabel »

This song (the on on the video) is huge improvement from the 7" which I find quite weak. I should get the LP this week so more of if then.

And their image? For every spandex wearing man in 2009 I have to give full respect. And little bit of laughter also.
msp

Post by msp »

I spun the LP yesterday and found it a bit "meh". Certainly not the worst band in the world but I would not consider it killer either.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

msp wrote:I spun the LP yesterday and found it a bit "meh". Certainly not the worst band in the world but I would not consider it killer either.
i guess i should just get the CD huh?
daniel

Post by daniel »

I should add that after listening to a few LP tracks none of them are close to being as good as the video song.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Helm

Post by Helm »

I am confused about the image thing. Their mission is to pretend it's still 1983? I guess I don't understand nostalgia as much as other people.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Helm wrote:I am confused about the image thing. Their mission is to pretend it's still 1983? I guess I don't understand nostalgia as much as other people.
Or maybe they think that clothes like that are just cool?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Erlking wrote:
Helm wrote:I am confused about the image thing. Their mission is to pretend it's still 1983? I guess I don't understand nostalgia as much as other people.
The only thing cool today is a pink shirt.

Is this in stock with any (other) mailorders yet? Didn't say it anywhere earlier this month.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
The only thing cool today is a pink shirt.

Is this in stock with any (other) mailorders yet? Didn't say it anywhere earlier this month.
I don't know, but the band looks like they are straight out of the early NWOBHM scene.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helm

Post by Helm »

The Erlking wrote:
http://www.helvetetsport.com/nytt/index.htm

I didn't pull out that 'pretend it's 1983' thing from my ass, really. But yes, one can approach this with varying degrees of good will.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

IT IS DONE BOR-EENG
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

I definitely don't find this song as appealing as the songs on the 7". I think it goes on far too long for it's own good. Still, there is something off kilter about it..it might be the vocal lines. I wouldn't call it totally run-of-the-mill Heavy Load worship or anything but it's pretty close.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

after buying the LP. I would say it's definintely a good album but me too expected a bit more considering the Video
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Knell wrote:IT IS DONE BOR-EENG
Haha, I can't help but agree.

I've only ever heard that one song from the video, but perhaps the other material has more balls?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I'm glad that people are dressing like that in 2009 without being ironic hipster chedderheads. Good on 'em!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Helm

Post by Helm »

I'm glad people have the strength of personality to dress in whichever unfashionable way they like but that's not really that important to me when it comes to HM.