Metal Power - The Ultimate EP Collection I-V re-release

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...

Ernest Thesiger

Re: Metal Power - The Ultimate EP Collection I-V re-release

Post#2 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:32 pm

Ordured.
Sockcooking fothermucker

Hans

Post#3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:24 pm

Ive got a major weak spot for dutch 80s heavy metal stuff, these 7" are nice collectors, ive aquired them over the years, I think it cost me 10 years. Two found at local shops, and the rest via trade or mailorder. But I think if you really set your mind to it, all are on discogs.
I like the cool basic artwork, musicly not the most impressive, but thats no problem, there are some really cool tracks. Spoiler, Proud.. , Black Sun, Alaska... These guys were from my neighbourhood, Tiny's studio was located in Deurne, called Double-V, thats 20km from here, also some bands from Valkenswaard, Heeze, Weert. That peaks my interest. Also several of these bands, Phaser I know for sure, have performed at a local (very small) festival in my hometown, Aalst-Waalre, its called "Kempener Pop" and this festival is still being held, incidenly last weekend was the 39th edition..
In the past, friends tried to contact Tiny v Stiphout, maybe he had some stuff laying on the shelves, or a demo, just some flyers of info whatever, he was not interested to cooperate.
All in all this is some great dutch heavy metal history.

Zanker

Post#4 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:35 pm

I love these aswell. For me number 5 was the hardest one to find. Drove up to Holland to buy one. And two weeks later i found another number 5 in a local secondhand record shop (traded with Dan if i remember correctly).

DaN
Administructor

Post#5 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 am

Love these too - mostly for the look & feel I think. There's a handful of rippers on them but also plendy of duds. Cool idea to compile and reissue them nevertheless..
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!