Annihilator - Alice in Hell: bootleg?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Dodens Grav

Annihilator - Alice in Hell: bootleg?

Post by Dodens Grav »

I recently bought a copy of this album off a seller on Amazon who claimed to be selling an original copy, or at least some early pressing. He said that he received the album from Important Records Distributors when he was running a shop in New York, yet I still doubt its authenticity.

All the authentic copies that I see have a clear, transparent inner ring on the disc. This copy's inner ring is a mirrored surface. Here are some images of the top surface of the disc as well as the matrix code.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yls6sot4tx5zb ... 5.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m62qxmzmfrse0 ... 7.jpg?dl=0
MetalDelight

Re: Annihilator - Alice in Hell: bootleg?

Post by MetalDelight »

Looks like a legit copy to me. Fonttype also matches the originals.
Many Roadrunner/Roadracer cd's have, besides the clear innerrings, pressings with mirrorsurfaced innerrings.
The ones I have are (original) repressings. Some with, some without IFPI.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Why would you think this is questionable? I have yet to see a bootleg with a mirrored center hub.

It's just a later repress from the early 90's.

Like MetalDelight stated, this was common practice from Roadrunner.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Avenger wrote:Why would you think this is questionable? I have yet to see a bootleg with a mirrored center hub.
I don't know much about bootlegs or pressing information history, so I figured it would be wise to ask people who know better. The disc I received didn't look like ones I saw on Discogs (and the seller told me that the inner ring was clear when I asked).