Strange Stormwitch CDs on Virgin Concerts

...and all CD issues goes here.
Pangolino

Strange Stormwitch CDs on Virgin Concerts

Post by Pangolino »

I was looking at the page (www.virgin-2000.de) , and received a warning that it may host malware, so be careful about it…

Does anyone know what these are? There is a listing for a CD called "Absolutely Live 1981", and reissues of the first 4 Stormwitch albums with different bonus tracks (1 each) from the previous CD issues (which, I guess, had lousy-sounding live in 1984 tracks, plus 1990 and 1991 that weren't bad, and two regular album version-with-cheering-added songs on the first album). Also listed is a 1981 live CD by a band called Exothus that appears to have had Lee Tarot as a member.

If anyone has these and can comment on them, I would really appreciate it. The albums are supposed to be remastered, but I couldn't guess whether they are from original tapes or whether they sound any good. Access to studio bonus tracks suggests maybe they aren't complete bootlegs, but zero distribution is… well, I guess zero distribution is the big thing now, albums that people forget to actually 'release' or 'make copies of' or 'tell people about' and all. So maybe they're totally legit?
metalmaster

Re: Strange Stormwitch CDs on Virgin Concerts

Post by metalmaster »

Hmm interesting. I need info about that all as well. Sadly i cant enter the shop because the antivirus forbids! I dont know if it is an error or if the site is infected... Any extra info is welcomed!
demophil

Post by demophil »

me too I was searching information about these releases. I still don't understandif they are CD or CD-r and what is the tracklist for most of the album reissues and the Exothus Live CD

The only tracklist I have is fot the "Absolutely Live 1981"...still not sure if it is a CD or CDr. I sent a lot of email and messages here and there but I never got a reply by anybody:

http://www.discogs.com/Stormwitch-Absol ... se/6402495
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

If I'm correct, some years ago I saw that Live cd. And if I remember well, it was the manager of the band who put it out. And I think it was a cd-r. Also sent him many e-mails, but never got a reply