Roadrunner/Roadracer/Innerrings/IFPI's/Matrixes/Bootlegs

...and all CD issues goes here.
MetalDelight

Roadrunner/Roadracer/Innerrings/IFPI's/Matrixes/Bootlegs

Post by MetalDelight »

Hi all.

I need your help. I know this subject has been discussed before but I still miss some answers.

The more I collect, the more I get confused by Roadrunner/Roadracer variations.
I bet I'm not the only one and I would like to sort some things out.
Hopefully we can solve some things for once and all :-)

I would like to point out my dillema by an example of Vicious Rumors- Soldiers Of The Night (Price Killers).
I have two versions of this particular cd:

The left one has a silver innerring + IFPI, the one on the right has a transparent innerring without IFPI. Matrixes are identical. A friend of mine has a copy with a silver innerring but without IFPI. So basically as far as I know by these copies there's 3 variations. The IFPI code on my copy is IFPI 0708.
My questions:
- Are Roadrunner/Roadracer cd's with silver innerrings legit variations?
- IFPI 0708 is the code of a Sonopress plant in Germany. Could my copy be a legit Roadracer repress (post 1994) or is this a bootleg? Does this count for all the earlier Roadrunner/Roadracer cd's?--> IFPI=bootleg?
- I also have copies of Tony Macalpine's Edge Of Insanity and Maximum Security with IFPI codes. Again, could these be legit represses (post 1994) or bootlegs?

All feedback is appreciated, it should help us all.
Thanks in advance.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

all are legit.
the one with silver inner ring is a repress < 1994
the one with silver inner ring and ifpi is a repress >= 1994

It's not clear however, when the original batch of pricekillers was released... some say all are from 1990, but it seems more likely that some are older (have different artwork design and letters on the sonopress matrices seem to confirm that - see post from Yakish in the sonopress thread).
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Thank you for your input!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Heathen wrote:
It's not clear however, when the original batch of pricekillers was released... some say all are from 1990, but it seems more likely that some are older (have different artwork design and letters on the sonopress matrices seem to confirm that - see post from Yakish in the sonopress thread).
Some come w/ a shorter list of other price killers CDs (1987) and some with full (1990)
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

So would stuff like Great Kat and Whiplash that say 'first time on CD' on the cover be earlier 1987 (?) pressings and the ones without are 1990 repress?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

= assumption/theory.

I was hoping for somebody (maybe a (ex) sonopress worker) to shine a light and rule out and clear up things.