Bootleg Warning Thread - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Shimrod

Re: Bootleg Warning Thread - CD (2013)

Post by Shimrod »

Concerning Artillery I have both Fear of Tomorrow and Terror Squad and they both sound great.
I never heard of issues concerning Axe Killer releases being not legit.

About HV/Maximum Metal, I once read the Hellhound compilation was not completely legit but I can't remember why. Both Paradox reissues on that label are fine too.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Hellhound comp on High Vaultage is legit. I talked with Steve Pelletier about it back when I released the Ikki Crane lp (really nice guy BTW). High Vaultage paid the band for remastering but never once after it was released did the label ever have any contact with the label. They sent the band afew copies and never any royalty statement. I guess it might have not sold well for the label since they did so little promotion.
Shimrod wrote: About HV/Maximum Metal, I once read the Hellhound compilation was not completely legit but I can't remember why.
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

¿There are bootlegs of Great White " Stick it "Axekiller cd edition limitee? I saw the cd in a store but it does not have the edition number while in discogs there is a cd with the printed number..
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Parcas Sangrientas wrote:¿There are bootlegs of Great White " Stick it "Axekiller cd edition limitee? I saw the cd in a store but it does not have the edition number while in discogs there is a cd with the printed number..
In the past Axe Killer has issued CD's in the 90's that were "limited" numbered editions and then later reprinted a second run that were not numbered. I'm not sure if this applies to this specific Great White disc but it's not unheard of from the label.

The only way to tell if it's legit would be a high quality scan/photo of the playing side of the CD.

Either way, all the best tracks from this compilation are easily found on the debut without the bluesy hard rock bonus tracks. That may be a better way to go.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Thanks for the data Avenger!
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAZOR-Shotgun-J ... 1769494410
"This is not the worthless bootleg." says mr "James"
This Kreator72 is a piece of ****. I remember him doing similar things in the past. Add shill bidding and you have the whole picture.

https://www.discogs.com/release/9737701 ... ory#latest
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

What's the point of bootleg cds anno 2018?

So, Sacrificial - Forever Entangled has now finally been bootlegged by Russians. It's already called out and they are blocked from sale on sites like discogs. Sellers don't even try to sell it as original press to scam collectors anymore, so I can't imagine them making more than few bucks on these cds when they are all declared unofficial or replika in auction descriptions. What's the point on trying to make it look like an original press then?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Wasn't it rereleased by Dark Symphonies lately? What's the point of making a bootleg when such a recent reissue is still available??
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Fabeldyr wrote:What's the point of bootleg cds anno 2018?

So, Sacrificial - Forever Entangled has now finally been bootlegged by Russians. It's already called out and they are blocked from sale on sites like discogs. Sellers don't even try to sell it as original press to scam collectors anymore, so I can't imagine them making more than few bucks on these cds when they are all declared unofficial or replika in auction descriptions. What's the point on trying to make it look like an original press then?
Unfortunately there's still a market for this shit or else it would die due to being unprofitable.

With postage prices constantly increasing, I really have no idea why someone would spend $20 on a bootleg that you could download for free :roll:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Anyone knows if Assorted Heap cds were bootlegged?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Both officially reissued by Vic Records but no boots that i know of.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Avenger wrote:
Either way, all the best tracks from this compilation are easily found on the debut without the bluesy hard rock bonus tracks. That may be a better way to go.

The debut was recently released in Japan with great sound , cheap and without the "bluesy bonuses" :lol:
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Has there ever been a legit CD edition of Damien's "Every Dog Has Its Dog" on Select Records? Is there a bootleg of that edition also?
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Zdan wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pm Has there ever been a legit CD edition of Damien's "Every Dog Has Its Dog" on Select Records? Is there a bootleg of that edition also?
If that's the title then I'd say it's definitely a bootleg.... :lol:
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Zdan wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pms
Has there ever been a legit CD edition of Damien's "Every Dog Has Its Dog" on Select Records? Is there a bootleg of that edition also?
That one, and "Stop This War" were both reissued legit on Power Play records a few years back.