Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

Post by Avenger »

aDmiN wrote:Since the Metal-expertise of our members is often divided into vinyl- and CD-areas I've split the old "Need info on some records"-thread in two, so you'll know what topic to keep an eye on.

Using this thread or creating a new more specific one is completly optional. If if you think your question is urgent and/or interesting enough for a topic of its own, go right ahead. Otherwise post here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Just to shoot a NWOBHM reissue-related question: is the stuff released on Majestic Rock Records and Krescendo Records legitimate reissues or are those just bootlegs? And what about the same titles released in Japan on SHM-CD's like Quartz's second album or the AIIZ live album?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Majestic Rock releases are legit.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Warepire wrote:Majestic Rock releases are legit.
Very cool. Will not have to re-buy my Quartz, AIIZ, Chariot stuff.

Edit: Although it is weird that the Krescendo stuff is not legit because it is basicly the same people releasing the same stuff. Probably it is not properly licensed this around.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Did some digging:

Krescendo are actually also legit... Mostly. It's the same label as Majestic Rock.
They started taking bigger liberties under the Krescendo name.

They have a douchy attitude and screwed over some of the bands that had their stuff reissued by this label legally by doing stuff cheaper than asked for, or not paying the royalties.
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Anyway Krescendo not have the quality of other labels like Stormspell,High Roller,SKR or High Vaultage.
Perhaps I am wrong but Krescendo seems more focused with making money fast..
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Is there a Cd release of Seance(US) mini album? if so,its official?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

For release you mean reissues ? No legit reissues exist ... did you see some "import from Spain" CDR around :? ?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:Is there a Cd release of Seance(US) mini album? if so,its official?
Only an original from 1992.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does Agony "The First Defiance" have only a four page booklet (cover, two pages with thanks and whatnot and back cover). Also does it have huge letter writing on the most inner ring which goes: "MADE IN GERMANY INTERPRESS COMPACT DISC"?
Troma

Post by Troma »

Zdan wrote:Does Agony "The First Defiance" have only a four page booklet (cover, two pages with thanks and whatnot and back cover). Also does it have huge letter writing on the most inner ring which goes: "MADE IN GERMANY INTERPRESS COMPACT DISC"?
I dont know about the booklet, but the part with the inner ring is true.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yes, that's the original cd. Same pressing plant of Cloven Hoof, Destiny debut etc.

MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Helstar wrote:For release you mean reissues ? No legit reissues exist ... did you see some "import from Spain" CDR around :? ?
reissue or original(which ave´alreayd answered) and nope havent found any spanish cdr, should i keep my head up about that?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I thought you already knew there was the original 1992 cd release, that's it ;)

And yes, according to Prowler there is a CDR boot so keep an eye open:
Prowler wrote:...a bootleg CDR is circulating since some time...
Question: can somebody post a scan of the original Jackal "Cry Of The Jackal" cd ? Thanks !
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Slayer Show No Mercy 80's press with the Haunting the Chapel EP as bonus. I'm assuming the top cd is the 1st press, anyone know for sure?