Bootleg Warning Thread - CD (2012)

...and all CD issues goes here.
jnfernal

Bootleg Warning Thread - CD (2012)

Post by jnfernal »

Well, I'll start a new one

Recentely a couple of bootleg surfaced from Russia:

_Galaktika/Group Galaxy: S/T CD originally released on CD in 1991 on company-state Melodiya Records

-Monomakh: Ya kotel uvyidet' angela originally recorded in 1993. Good christian hard rock/heavy metal (well, orthodox :D)

I guess soon it will also re-surface the Monomakh/Krasnaya Ploshad split CD released in 1990 on Melodiya Records
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Melodija briefly pressed CDs of a few albums right before they shut down... Can you provide some method of distinguishing the bootleg CDs from the real Melodija ones? If they where released on legit CDs as well back in 1991...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

No, I can't provide but the GALAKTIKA CD was incredibly hard to find until some weeks ago and it didn't cost less than 40/50 US$

Now I see it everywhere in huge quantities for 4/6 US$....on Molotok (the russian Ebay) you can see DOZENS of sellers who have it.

I knew since a couple of months that there would have been a reprint of that CD. I guessed it was an official reprint with improved artwork and/or bonus track but it's the exact replica of the original 1991 CD: same artwork, same packaging, same aspect.

So...if 2+2 = 4 I guess it's only a bootleg release. Same as Shah's "Beware"

Same for MONOMAKH....impossible and fucking expensive to find until a few weeks ago now you can find it everywhere for 5 bucks....

I ordered a copy of both but I am between Siberia and Mongolia and China now....I can't check them until I'll be back to Italy.

But I saw some good quality scans and they're silver/factory pressed CD. Unfortunately I couldn't compare the matrix code but I guess there are some slight differences. The paper quality should be also a bit different, but I can't provide any proof until I don't put my hands on such CDs
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Galaktika was bootlegged few years ago. Monomakh is a current bootleg
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

If it was bootlegged a few years ago how come it appeared in huge quantities only now and it was scarce and expensive till some weeks ago ?
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

be very careful of some recent out of stock CD of Areadeath re-surfaced, such as Protector or Sore Throat...they have been reprinted by Wang without perimssion or authorization nor by the band or by those who have the copyright on such releases
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

jnfernal wrote:be very careful of some recent out of stock CD of Areadeath re-surfaced, such as Protector or Sore Throat...they have been reprinted by Wang without perimssion or authorization nor by the band or by those who have the copyright on such releases
What about the Brutality compilation that he has advertised as being repressed on his site? Are there any differences in these from the first runs?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Sentinel

Solar Eagle CD

Post by The Sentinel »

Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

It's been some time since I first saw this in some greek distros. I strongly doubt about its legitimacy.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
msp

Post by msp »

Hmmm google searches don't return much info either. This reeks of a bootleg to me.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

According to the band,this is a bootleg.
Never trust the Goblin King....
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I have no idea about Brutality but he had to ask our permission before, as we own the copyrights and we agreed for a first run only. Every additional copy made is made without permission, just to cash easy money as usual on somebody's else efforts and investments.
A few days ago I asked my chinese friend to get in touch with him, saying he has a new rock music shop. He asked for the whole catalogue and he asked also if Protector (sold out even before the offical release) and Sore Throat (sold out since 3 years) and he said that there's no problem inordering 20 or 30 copies of them, as they are still available like any other release. I guess he's making illegal reprinting for chinese market. Of course ignoring what was written on deals signed by others.
Of course - needless to say that - he will ignore every charge. What happens in China is chinese business only. FOreigners shouldn't put their nose in chinese own business. We are not chinese so we can not understand or try to talk about China.
Troma

Post by Troma »

son of a...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/300647225998?ssP ... 500wt_1202

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Exumer-Rising-fr ... 500wt_1202

just a small look into his profile and we ca see he bought both from "nanitensammlerin"
Troma

Post by Troma »

holy hell, they ended pretty high!!!
humus

Post by humus »

I was going through an old Nuclear blast catalogue (1993 or so) and those Exumer CD's were in the bargain bin for 6 DM :lol: