Rarest CDs you own?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Ha,ha... I think you are both wrong :lol:(eventhough you both have a point)! The title of the thread is the "rarest CD you own". If we take it literally it means how hard is to find!! Not how limited was, neither how expensive it is! For instance, Nhaavah "Kings of Czech Black Metal", Lethysteel mentioned. If there are 65 copies out of the 66 made, "rotting" in various records shops because noone wants them and you can obtain anytime, it's not that rare. The same goes for an expensive CD. If everytime you look for it there is a copy available, even for 10.000$, then if you win the lottery you can obtain every "rare" CD you desire in a few minutes. So, I think the "rarity" (if you take literally) has to do with the availability at the certain time.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Nah, the Nhaavah CD was made and distributed by Radim of Maniac Butcher and was sold out within weeks. All copies in private hands.
In the meanwhile it is indeed the rarest CD that I own as the header says. :wink:
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yeah I don't really consider "rare for the sake of kvlt" items either.Yes they're "rare", but intentionally so, and as you said all copies are still in collections. Whereas, just like LPs, some nowhere US band who pressed 100 copies because it's all they could afford, and half of them ended up in thrift stores or trash cans are considerably more "rare". Most of these kvlt collectibles are obtainable if you're willing to buy/trade big enough for them, the owners are out there and able to be tracked down.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Lady Sabre - Enchanted
Stargazer - Commercial Gods
Damzell - Ready To Attack
Deathblow - Meanless Propaganda
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

LethylSteel wrote:Nah, the Nhaavah CD was made and distributed by Radim of Maniac Butcher and was sold out within weeks. All copies in private hands.
In the meanwhile it is indeed the rarest CD that I own as the header says. :wink:
I really don't want to spice it up, and no offense, but I used to have two of this CD (lim. to 66), and they almost stucked in my hands, I got like 10-15 USD for one CD (maybe less, butit was not worth the deal), and I traded the another one for a regular release...