Rarest CDs you own?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

sovdat wrote:Dutch - US combination ... damn I miss that Impact CD ;)

Mrrrmeow!!!

where have you got these?
I am ... the One you warned me of
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Musicstack, ebay (rooty - or whoever is behind that account now - had a bunch of Deathrider CDs for sale at $1 a piece) and through trades ... :)
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

bored, so i'm showing my recent rare dm purchases. I got a few rare thrash cds recently as well, but theyre nothing that hasn't been shown before.

no clue how rare the judgement day(hol) and gangrena are, but I know for sure enigmatic is a top 10 swedeath rarity. kreator72 has one for auction if anyone is interested
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Wow, you just like paid around $430 or so less for that Inquisition CD than for what kreator's went :D Is it any good?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Inquisitor isnt that pricey, is it?? Seen couples staying on ebay for 60$-90$, selling for 40$ or less

It's a great album for sure, I need to get it as well.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

sovdat wrote:Wow, you just like paid around $430 or so less for that Inquisition CD than for what kreator's went :D Is it any good?
man,
It's good, but certainly not good enough to be put up with the likes of magnus, sanctum, and all the other mega rarities. I think 75 would be the max I'd pay for it if I had to buy it again. If you want a rip let me know. lastly, quit spying on me :>

here's what sovdats talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/INQUISITOR-Walpurgi ... 1|294%3A50

vs

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0198461383
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

who would pay fucking 455$ for it? i dont get it.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

The Knell wrote:who would pay fucking 455$ for it? i dont get it.
the cd does not deserve even $45.5. i saw the cd was sold for $20 or so on ebay last year. i am sure he (kreator72 / hammerheart 44) also did not pay over $50 for it.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The Knell wrote:who would pay fucking 455$ for it? i dont get it.
Indeed. Who got his brain stucked in his ass? Unbelievable. I got this one too. Would sell it immediately for $455,-
Long Live The Loud !!!
humus

Post by humus »

I saw one in a bargain bin for €5 a few months ago.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

oldskoolcollector wrote:
Avenger wrote:I'd say somewhere along the lines of:

Target - Mission Executed

Both on Aaarrg Records.

Although, I haven't really given it a lot of thought…

Could you post a picture of this one???

Never seen one before. I thought it doesn't excist on CD.
Sorry for digging this old thread, but I would like to second that question. Is the AAARRG CD of Target debut legit (I am not talking about any split CDs)? A guy on ebay.com was selling it last week but the listing has sunk without a trace since then. He must have got a big offer for it.

edit: found that listing in the Google cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... .google.pl
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Maybe the auction was killed by Stormspell :)

We talked with Dominic about this auction a couple of days ago, that cd is a bootleg.
It has never existed on cd as Aaarrg legit release. People like Dominic or Karsten would have it or know about it, after all these years...

You can see it has also more or less the same cd appearance and matrix code of Target second album, early Aaarrg releases aren't like that too...

OK now that is hilarious, somebody -probably a lurker- added it to MS (and it was already there, added by Karsten/Yetisued as well !)

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/597342

He wrote "Germany" as country of manufacturing instead of Austria (I guess he can't even read), and even copied the Matrix Code typo error of the auction :lol:

"Matrix: PILZ CD AAARRG-7 11 MUSTERED BY DADO AUSTRIA
Distributed By SPV GmbH"
Coma

Post by Coma »

This may be off topic, I just felt the need to mention a few things as I've seen my name mentioned in this thread.

I see I'm being mentioned as a reference point to justify that a CD exists or doesn't. This is interesting as it puts me in the "Mr. Know It All" category, and that can be either a good thing or a bad thing. Truth is, I don't think I deserve that consideration. Nobody does actually, but that's another story.

I haven't been on the Corroseum for a while, but would like to clarify a few things. Getting lumped in the same category of collectors such as Karsten is flattering for sure, but I don't think I'm there yet. Furthermore, even though I've been buying CDs since 1993 but really collecting since 1998 or 1999, I've been out of the eBay market for years. Like a few collectors, I built up my collection by buying for myself AND buying in order to resell afterwards. I know some people hate this behavior, but unless you're rich and can spend without counting, it was basically the only way for someone my age at the time to put my hands on some of the most sough-after CDs on the market.

I used to spend at least one hour a day browsing the metal listings on eBay, and then would go on the hunt for discs in the local Montreal stores or on the trading forums during weekends. However, things have changed. The last time I had CDs for sale was something like May 2008. Back then, my previous listing was in 2006. I have not followed eBay prices at all since 2008, mostly because of the bootleg invasion and the fact that most of the stores where I used to buy my second hand discs have closed, thanks to people downloading their music or selling their discs themselves on eBay rather than sell them to second hand shops.

I guess you can say my background when it comes to which CD exists and which doesn't comes from those countless hours spent browsing eBay, exchanging with other collectors and such. However, just recently, I learned that two discs which I never thought existed are, in fact, available on CD. If someone asked me just a few weeks ago if a standalone edition of Acid Reign "Moshkinstein" existed, I would have answered "no", and say the only way to get it was to buy the 2-on-1 Under One Flag edition with "The Fear", but a track from the EP would be missing. Not only did I learn that it was recently reissued, but that it was also released in Japan years ago as a standalone version, with all songs. Same goes for Sax "Zona Strachu", which I thought was only available on LP. It seems I was wrong.

I had never seen those discs back in my eBay years, and none of the trusted collectors in my "circle", so to speak, had them. Hence I figured they just didn't exist.

With that being said, if we focus on the main question here which is the existence on CD of Target "Mission Executed" by AAARRG Records, my feeling is that the one that appeared on eBay is indeed a bootleg, but unless someone actually gets this CD and analyze the quality of the audio and compare the wav files with other AAARRG releases of the time (audio level, clicks, etc.) to know if it's made from a LP or if it's indeed a decent mix mastered for CD, there is no way to be sure if it's legit or not.

I have never seen that one before, and was always told it didn't exist. Actually, there would be a way to know. Ask Ralph Hubert who runs AAARRG Records, or perhaps ask the Stormspell owner to track down Ralph or any of the band members. He got a license deal for that album, so he must be in touch with someone close to the band.

It's like Mandator "Initial Velocity" - I have yet to see one. Some people claim it exists and keep searching it as if it was the Holy Grail, and others are dismissing its existence because they've never seen it. I haven't ruled out its existence yet, mostly because in the early days of CD-R trading (circa 1998 or 1999), I got it on CD-R from a Spanish trader who claimed to have the original. Whether it came from a bootleg or not, the sound quality was excellent and definitely didn't sound like an analog transfer from LP or tape. It was also a few years before the first wave of questionable "repro" bootlegs (Apocrypha, Vendetta, Deathrow). I may even have made a copy from my own CD-R for some of you guys here, I know it was quite a common request by people during my CD-R trading days. By the way, if I made a copy to someone on this board and that yours is still readable, let me know! Mine was on a BASF 74 minutes CD-R which is not readable anymore -> yeah, go ahead and tell me "of course, your evidence is gone!" to pretend I'm full of sh*t.

I'm not saying it exists as a legit release - just telling people that the one I had on CD-R, no matter what the source was, sounded way better than the first bootleg (USDM matrix code) or the Speed Attack Russian bootleg, and that I got it way before the bootleg invasion started. The rest is pure speculation.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:copied the Matrix Code typo error of the auction
"Matrix: PILZ CD AAARRG-7 11 MUSTERED BY DADO AUSTRIA
Distributed By SPV GmbH"
"DADO" is wrong as well. Maybe this is not a typo, maybe thats the matrix of the CD. That would be some proof that it is a boot. They have a history of typos like that.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

A few rare CDs have found their way into my collection, They may not be on the same level as what is expected from this topic but I will list them anyway and let you be the judges, if something is laughable, please keep the rofl's for yourselves... Here goes nothing:
Amethyst (Australia) - Flames To Eternity, 2001, Private
Arachnes (Italy) - The Goddess Temple, 1997, Lucretia Records
Avalanche (Germany) - Here Comes The King, 1994, Private
Baekdoosan (South Korea) - Golden Album, 1992, Oasis Record Co.
Dark Empire (USA) - Distant Tides, 2006, Private [NOT REISSUE]
Deceiver (Germany) - Tales Of Time, 1994, Battery
Full Moon (UK) - Full Moon, 1989, Voices of Wonder
Halor (Hungary) - Welcome To Hell, 2006, Private
H@mmerFall (Sweden) - Draim Promo, ????, Nuclear Blast (Promo only) [I KNOW, SO SHUT UP!]
Immortal Avenger (USA) - Valor And Justice, 2005, Private
Irreverence (Finland) - Bloodred Eclipse, 2003, Private (50 copies)
Isengard (Sweden) - Feel No Fear, 1994, Eurisko Music Production
Isengard (Sweden) - Enter The Dragon Empire, 1996, Sound Hills (with OBI)
Jag Panzer (USA) / Majesty (USA) - Chain Of Command / Majesty, 1992, Reborn Classics (I know it's a bootleg, but this Majesty is pre-Dream Theater so this boot is hard to find today thanks to all the DT freaks)
Jumper Lace (France) - Beyond The Romance, 1991, Agrolia (Fully signed)
Lion's Share (Sweden) - Sins Of The Father, 1995, Local Hero (3 track promo for their S/T)
M.ill.ion (Sweden) - No.1, 1992, Bums Records
M.ill.ion (Sweden) - We Ourselves And Us, 1994, KMC
MD.45 (USA) - Voices, 1996, Capitol
Megadeth (USA) - Youthanasia, 1994, Capitol Japan (Promo with OBI)
My-Laï (France) - Attila's Horses, 1994, Private
Rotor (Hungary) - Árvaház, 2007, Blower Records (300 copies)
Savatage (USA) - 1993, 1993, Atlantic Recording Corporation (Promo only, sealed)
Silver Mountain (Sweden) - Silver Mountain Best, 1998, Jigu Records
Silver Mountain (Sweden) - The Legends Of Crystal, ????, Jailbait (Bootleg, but hard to find)
Tarantula (Portugal) - III, 1993, Numerica
Virgin Steele (USA) - Snakeskin Voodoo Man, 1993, Private (CDS)
Zonata (Sweden) - Copenhagen Tapes, 1999, Private