Incubus: Serpent Temptation original/re-recorded

...and all CD issues goes here.
jnfernal

Incubus: Serpent Temptation original/re-recorded

Post by jnfernal »

I need an information

I found some places where they sell the thai edition on Nuclear Blast/Platinum Records of "Beyond the unknown/Serpent temptation" CD

M.A. says this is the only available version of the original recording of Serpent Temptation as every other CD edition contains the re-recorded version made in the late 90's....

Can you confirm it? Because I know where to find a lot of copies in Thailand if this 2x1 CD really contains the original version
Troma

Post by Troma »

I dont know where you read this on MA, as it says:

"Nuclear Blast Re-released the re-vocal tracked version in 2000 with Beyond the
Unknown in a bare bones digipak format"

And if you listen to the samples of this version on amazon, you can also hear that the vocals are re-recorded

unfortunetaly, there is no offical release with the original vocals. I'm also still waiting for it.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Troma wrote:
unfortunetaly, there is no offical release with the original vocals. I'm also still waiting for it.
Well, the original LP on Brutus has original vocals or do you mean official re-release? The re-recorded one sounds shit compared to the godly original (as always). The second Incubus is great as well, a bit sounding like Master (Chic) at that time.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Troma

Post by Troma »

The Sentinel wrote:
Troma wrote:
Well, the original LP on Brutus has original vocals or do you mean official re-release? The re-recorded one sounds shit compared to the godly original (as always). The second Incubus is great as well, a bit sounding like Master (Chic) at that time.
Oh I forgot "CD", I meant offical CD release. Of course the vinyls have the original vocals on it and yeah, they sound ten times better and more evil compared to the later ones. But Beyond The Unkown is also a good kick-ass record.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

from the M.A.:

"Originally released on vinyl LP in 1988.
Reissued on CD in 1996 by Radiation Records.
Reissued on CD in 2007 by Nuclear Blast/Platinum Records (Thailand) together with "Beyond The Unknown"

Now, there isn't any mention abouth which version is featured on the Thai edition. I guess that - without any mention - it should be the original version. Otherwise they would write "the re-recorded version was reissued..." or something like that....
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Even because seems strange that MA takes care of a Thai edition with the many circulating in the world....I mean, the "Beyond the unknown/Serpent temptation" should have been re-released worldwide by Nuclear Blast, isn't it? So why should mention the Thai edition in particular??? Lacking any info about the re-recorded version, I presume (I guess) that the Thai edition (and the Thai edition only) should feature the original Lp version or has something that other versions made by NB do not have.....
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Problem is that there isn't any rip of this version available on the net and before paying 30 US$ to get the CD (easily available on Ebay or through some thai music shops) I would like to be sure of what I am going to purchase...
Troma

Post by Troma »

jnfernal wrote:from the M.A.:

"Originally released on vinyl LP in 1988.
Reissued on CD in 1996 by Radiation Records.
Reissued on CD in 2007 by Nuclear Blast/Platinum Records (Thailand) together with "Beyond The Unknown"

Now, there isn't any mention abouth which version is featured on the Thai edition. I guess that - without any mention - it should be the original version. Otherwise they would write "the re-recorded version was reissued..." or something like that....
Actually, the Radiation Release is re-vocaled, and they havent mentioned it, so that doesnt really make sense ;)
Troma

Post by Troma »

jnfernal wrote:Even because seems strange that MA takes care of a Thai edition with the many circulating in the world....I mean, the "Beyond the unknown/Serpent temptation" should have been re-released worldwide by Nuclear Blast, isn't it? So why should mention the Thai edition in particular??? Lacking any info about the re-recorded version, I presume (I guess) that the Thai edition (and the Thai edition only) should feature the original Lp version or has something that other versions made by NB do not have.....
I really dont think so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/INCUBUS-BEYOND-UNKN ... 3a5c8065b5

this is also the Thai version and if you look at the track list you can see that titles like "Sadistic Sinner" have a different name, same as on the 1996 Radiation Release. They totally re-recorded that album with different voice and lyrics.