Sonic Age Records

...and all CD issues goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:TRAMONTANE - S/T CD from Arkeyn Steel tray card doesn't fit either...
Ditto, that was the title I was ready to kick puppies about...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Trigger wrote:You think it's so dumb?Why don't you indicate how a CD should be pressed,set the standards.They want to use that material,it's their problem and the buyer is free to decide if he buys it or not.You are not forced to distribute it and if you ask me,it's dumber to think that they wanted to make the tray card unsuitable for the case,isn't it?My copy is fine anyway....
Their problem becomes mine when I give some good stuff and receive subpar stuff like this. As a label when I trade releases I expect to get similar quality in return. I don't even pretend my releases are the best in the world or anything. But I do put money and effort in every and each one of them and when I get something lousy in return I cannot even put together coz the traycards won't fit, I feel angry and cheated. Wouldn't you?

There should be some basic standard in this - if you are a label and are going to cut all corners and get the most cheaper release possible, then when you come to trade it for stuff with 12-16 page booklets like mine or SKR which costs twice as much to manufacture, you either should be upfront about it so we can make our mind if we want the trade, or your stuff should be worth half less accordingly.

Just because the release is legit (and I'm not even going to discuss the nuances in this word), this does not mean you're entitled to cut all corners and get away with it without people being angry at you.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Disappointing to hear that the Tramontane tray cards are messed up, guess I'll put off ordering that one. I'm on the fence regarding Daggers Edge
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

What I'm trying to say is this is how it is released and nobody can change it,there is no other version,better or worst.I don't know if your releases are the best in the world but I own a few and I can say they can easily rank among the best ones as far as the whole layout and the final result are concerned.But not all labels have the same budget and the guys do it mostly to satisfy their own lust for music.Nevertheless,if you think the quality is low,it can only harm the label itself,but i still think that the fact that it isn't as expensive a release as yours doesn't make it low quality but only lower quality than yours.Do you know what I hate the most when buying a record?To buy it without cover.But when it was only release without P/S,what can I do?Not buy it?I do 'cause it's just like that.I agree with you in a few issues,but it annoys me also when a label starts spreading such words,can't you see it sounds like slander?It's quite unethical doing it in public 'cause they don't try to deceive anyone...
Never trust the Goblin King....
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well, I told you not to ask me coz I'll spill my mind, why blame me now? You called for it, I answered.

And to address your last post: I wish it wasn't true, but I'm no filthy stinking rich nor Paris Hilton is my girlfriend. I still have my job to pay my bills. The only difference is, when my buddies go to the bar after work, I go to the garage to work on Stormspell. Day in and day out. Let me ask you, have you ever wondered why such bloopers seldom happen to labels like SKR, Divebomb, Sentinel Steel, etc. The answer is, because they would go and fix the stuff before letting it reach the public. I've seen myself how Tim goes and reorders new set of tray cards (for Dragonslayer release if I'm not mistaken) just because of some tiny typo. He would have easily let it go as-is and save the extra expense, but he didn't, because he does care what people will receive. And yeah, Tim isn't a rich dude either, he also has another job to bring food on the table.

What I'm trying to say is: once you make a product and start selling it for money - you are in the business and should be more responsible for what you do. That's all. I'm not going to comment any further on this issue.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

No no no,I'm not blaming you and firstly I have to apologize for not doing it earlier due to my absence from home,but my point wasn't to say that YOU are unethical if that's what somebody got,but what happened before may have sounded unethical and not that you did it on purpose,so I wanted to clear that out.The only reason that I didn't talk about you in person is that I don't know you and by no means did I imply that you are rich or something.I'm not trying to get into any post/reply controversy,I'm just discussing,so don't take me wrong please but I can express my opinion.And I said that it's his problem,if this will affect his business,it will and buyers will decide.You offer booklets with each song lyrics covering a whole page,he wants them in a different layout but all are welcome.I don't see any problem in that.As for the tray cards,i repeat he didn't choose the size and I can't answer about why he didn't change it.I commented on all other issues besides this one.Maybe it's coz all labels you mentioned are US based,that could play a part,not sure were the Greek labels print their booklets,but maybe it's coz of that(haven't made a research about it,but I think some Greek CDs may have similarities in material etc...)
Never trust the Goblin King....