Italian Metal 0f the 80' on cds

...and all CD issues goes here.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Nonseinormale65 wrote: 48)Nuclear Symphony --- Lost in Wonderland(1989,lp on Metal Master and cd on SPV/Steamhammer,this cd contains "Snoopies" as a bonus track) -
There is also the Metal Master cd print (I should receive it in few days ^^)
Ok here we are, it's not a Metal Master print, but just the reissue (legal ?) by Marquee (eventhough there is no info about that on the cd itself).
It's listed on http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/44709 (the cover is not the one with the yellow logo, but the same of the SPV version with red logo).
It has also an EAN code, that was misleading... I've sent a pvt to the one who added it (damn him lol).
Last edited by Helstar on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Nuclear Simphony was also released in Japan, on Teichiku I think. The cover is some brown cloud looking stuff with the band logo in the middle, really boring. I was not aware of a Metalmaster copy. Fantastic album anyways.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yes, there was indeed NO cd print from Metal Master back in 1989. Stupid me to believe that entry on musik de =)
The album is great I agree, a lot of Destruction influences too... but I think the 1987 demo was better anyway, more personal and less derivative. Would love to listen to the promos they made after the cd, the material was described as "ultra-technic" from the Stormlord bassist (friend of the Nuclear Simphony guitarist)...
56)Rex Inferi --- Like an Hurricane(2005,on LM records/Andromeda Relix),this is the second lp(unreleased at that time,1988 circa,the band published a minilp "The damage has been done" in 1986 on LM records),only 500 copies made on cd,you can also find a vinyl reissue.
Was the 1986 EP ever reissued on cd ?
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

The first press on cd of Lost in Wonderland is only on SPV(yes,at that time Metal Master didn't realized cds),the reissue is on Metal Master as you can read on the back cover,but(as for the reissues of Drama and Steel Crown,the story is the same :wink: )it was an escamotage between Marco Melzi(the guy behind Marquee/Minotauro)and Lombardoni(the guy behind Metal Master),Melzi bought the right of the albums but printed them as Metal Master for legal reasons(i know all this because i know Melzi from years and i was involved personally in these reissues :wink: );btw Helstar,you can ask to Gino"dictator" a copy of the 1991 demo(from a couple of years he lives near to me in Milano because of his job),i can give you his email(now he plays in a new band!).

P.S. "The damage has been done" by Rex Inferi was never released on cd,sorry.
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yes, please forward the email in pvt :D thanx !

Ps. Did you read my previous post about Broken Glazz and Jester Beast ?
Nonseinormale65

Oooops! :oops:

Sorry,but both the bands split up in the 90's and there aren't news about reissues for them(2 years ago Broken Glazz made a gig only to celebrate during the Dracma Metal Fest in Collegno near Torino,but since then i never heard of them anymore).
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

What about the Shining Blade Unreleased Lp "Touch the night" ?

The metal-archives and the "Italian legion book" talk about an unknown CD edition but I've never found any real proof of it. It's easy to find mp3 sources but I really doubt there's a real CD around...
Nonseinormale65

The Shining Blade's album is simply a bootleg of the original master tapes(the album was recorded but never released they had been ripped of by a label...),it doesn't exist a legit release,we put this album in the Italian metal Encyclopedia because of the importance for the early italian metal scene of Shining Blade,a real prime mover and one of the most unlucky italian bands :cry:

P.S. btw, the cover artwork that you can see on Metal Archives is an invention made by Eugenio Giordano(italian metal writer) only a few years ago,and it is not a legit artwork(moreover the band never released one for the album).
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

but....bootleg or not bootleg...is it possible to find it for sale or it's just an mp3 release? According to what you say there shouldn't even exist a real cover if the only one existing is the one drawed by Eugenio Giordano (of course I know him, he's very competent and one of the few italians willing to share and spread rare stuff, a rare attitude among us italians :D)

So...I would lke to buy a copy it's not a CD-R but I cant find it anywhere, that's why I doubted of an effective release on CD
Nonseinormale65

No,absolutely,there is not an official release,you can find only mp3 (the first time of course it was copied from the original master tape,and then copied and copied again...).
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

good to know, then!

Ah...I found another unknown band not even listed on the metal-archives:

BONECRUSHER

They have several releases, I had their latest "Inferno" album, that sounds like Kreator.

Their CD called "Censored" is a compilation of two early demos recorded in 1988 and 1989....
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Sorry to chime in on this but as I understand the recent re-release of Nuclear Simphony album on Metal Master is legitimate non-bootleg one right?
Nonseinormale65

Zdan wrote:Sorry to chime in on this but as I understand the recent re-release of Nuclear Simphony album on Metal Master is legitimate non-bootleg one right?
Don't worry,anyone can ask for tips and information :wink:

This reissue is legitimate from a strictly legal point of view(rights were sold from Metal Master to Markuee but the band is not involved in it),note that here is missing "Snoopies" (the bonus track included in SPV//Steamhammer first pressing)
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Thank you - this all I wanted to know. Did not want to buy a bootleg of some sort. If it is legal it's non-bootleg to me :wink:

Also - do you have any updated info on the Adramelch reissue that was supposed to come this year?

And is there any chance of the release of the debut EP and first album of THE BLACK on CD?
Nonseinormale65

Zdan wrote: Also - do you have any updated info on the Adramelch reissue that was supposed to come this year?

And is there any chance of the release of the debut EP and first album of THE BLACK on CD?
Adramelch are recording the third album,this has the priority now(you can listen some new samples on www.myspace.com/adramelch ),but sooner or later...

Rumors says that also The Black discography will be reissued one day...btw Bloodrock records has just released the reissue of Requiem discography,it's a 2 cds box set and includes all their stuff!