Zen Venom

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nicko McBuff wrote:Good to see and all but WHY doesn't the cd have the original artwork!!!
ION BRITTON wrote:and the original artwork has been kept intact.
Huh?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Oh it has?! never mind.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I received the CD today, it looks like and 99.9% must be an official rerelease. It includes the EP and 4 bonus tracks (In what you take, Demon Slayer, Fire all your shots, Lost travellers), lyrics, photos and the original artwork has been kept intact.
Tom, many thanks for your help!
How much did it set you back for a copy?
$30.00 AUD S&H included. Unfortunately they don't accept paypal..
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Nicko McBuff wrote:Good to see and all but WHY doesn't the cd have the original artwork!!!

The music is different but enjoyable enough for me.
The front cover IS the original artwork. The back cover is not, although we all know that very rarely CD reissues keep the original artwork of both the front AND the back cover intact.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

ION BRITTON wrote:Tom, many thanks for your help!
No problems John, I'm glad it arrived!
Ignore my PM.
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I asked Rob Mueller a few more questions regarding the CD. Heavy Melody Music is the band's own label and it is the one who is making the rerelease, so it is definitely an official one. Besides, it's very well-made to be a common boot.

Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

ION BRITTON wrote:I asked Rob Mueller a few more questions regarding the CD. Heavy Melody Music is the band's own label and it is the one who is making the rerelease, so it is definitely an official one. Besides, it's very well-made to be a common boot.
Ordered ZEN VENOM too along with the follow up TALUM. Even it's not the best music I think it fits perfectly into the collection!!! As Rob said they are silverpressed (true?)...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Metalhunter wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I asked Rob Mueller a few more questions regarding the CD. Heavy Melody Music is the band's own label and it is the one who is making the rerelease, so it is definitely an official one. Besides, it's very well-made to be a common boot.
Ordered ZEN VENOM too along with the follow up TALUM. Even it's not the best music I think it fits perfectly into the collection!!! As Rob said they are silverpressed (true?)...
Silverpressed like CDR copies you mean?

Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Metalhunter wrote:
Silverpressed like CDR copies you mean?
I am not sure what he mean (he wrote: "...i would say they are silver pressed, they are silver on the inside and were all professionally pressed
at a cd manufacturing firm here in south Australia
..."), but hopefully it isn't industrial cd-r stuff like all those Retrospect Records releases. So I'll need to wait and see :?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

It is a picture disc. I'll try to post some photos later.

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

If it's "Silver pressed" then the playing side of the disc is silver. Those Retrospect CD-R's are a dark grey color and easily told apart.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

It's a 100% REAL CD, no CD-R, pro-copied CD or whatever else. I got it a few days ago and it's an official edition, with a great packaging: unfortunately the booklet isn't that much exhaustive, there are only lyrics and nothing else but it keeps a solid and well balanced aspect.

New songs, those recorded in 1990, sound half worse, half better than the Ep: a couple of new tunes sucks, that bluesy tune for example, but others are better than the Ep. Different, more harsh and ferocious, and nice.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I received the CD today, it looks like and 99.9% must be an official rerelease. It includes the EP and 4 bonus tracks (In what you take, Demon Slayer, Fire all your shots, Lost travellers), lyrics, photos and the original artwork has been kept intact.
Tom, many thanks for your help!
Rob has set up his paypal account just recently. Yep he takes paypal now. I've just sent my order. Heard those songs on myspace, this is a CD too good to be ignored :D .
Write to heavymelodymusic@gmail.com
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mega_lodon wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Rob has set up his paypal account just recently. Yep he takes paypal now. I've just sent my order. Heard those songs on myspace, this is a CD too good to be ignored :D .
Write to heavymelodymusic@gmail.com
Great.

I sent an inquiry.
Cult_Metal_GR

Post by Cult_Metal_GR »

As far as I know, in Heavy Melody Music site says that in 2009 a 20th anniversary CD re-issue will be released with the same cover but with some extra demo tracks, which recorded back then.

In general I think that "From another planet" is a nice 80s metal record with some strange sound. When I hear this EP I can't understand exactly what is the genre they play.