Zen Venom

...and all CD issues goes here.
great_knuthulhu

Zen Venom

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Has Zen Venom's "From another planet" seen official release on CD lately? I'm in contact with an Australian dealer who claims to have several such CDs and I really don't want to shell out money for some half-assed bootleg.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

topic moved.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Bootleg or not I'm ordering it for the bonus tracks. I love their EP to death although I know that many hate it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I've never heard this band before.

I'll have to give the EP a listen.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

It should be the greek split bootleg CD with Matakopas and Solar Egale: probably the "bonus tracks" should be those 2 Ep's, beware!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Just found on their myspace:

"20 th Anniversary....From Another Planet album....Originaly on 12'' vinyl MLP Now remastered and reissued onto CD with 4 extra bonus tracks. Out Now at Big Star Records or the Muses Leading Edge . Website shop temporarily out of action,for further enquiries email..... heavymelodymusic@gmail.com"
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Bootleg or not I'm ordering it for the bonus tracks. I love their EP to death although I know that many hate it.
Love it to death also. One of my favourite MLP's. Unfortunately had to spent a fortune on it but worth every penny. If this is legit I'll buy it for sure.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Who is the dealer?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

The seller calls himself LeMusic on GEMM. Make a search for "Zen venom" and it'll turn up.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I hated this band, but I got used to the vocals and now I enjoy the tracks...
daniel

Post by daniel »

The final track is really the only good one, and it's pretty 'common' at that, there's nothing there that could justify me spending over 50e...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I finally got around to listening to the EP and this is decent stuff. Obviously nothing mind blowing and a little primitive for 1988 but it's a fun listen. I also don't understand the complaints about the vocals. If you can sit through a Cirith Ungol album this really isn't much different on oddness factor and I find that the vocals actually add a charm to the album that sets it apart.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I received the CD today, it looks like and 99.9% must be an official rerelease. It includes the EP and 4 bonus tracks (In what you take, Demon Slayer, Fire all your shots, Lost travellers), lyrics, photos and the original artwork has been kept intact.
Tom, many thanks for your help!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:I received the CD today, it looks like and 99.9% must be an official rerelease. It includes the EP and 4 bonus tracks (In what you take, Demon Slayer, Fire all your shots, Lost travellers), lyrics, photos and the original artwork has been kept intact.
Tom, many thanks for your help!
How much did it set you back for a copy?
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Good to see and all but WHY doesn't the cd have the original artwork!!!

The music is different but enjoyable enough for me.
Last edited by Nicko McBuff on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:08 am, edited 3 times in total.