SWORD - Metalized CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Zdan wrote:
stormspell wrote:Apparently this is a re-issue on Krescendo Records, which is a new offshoot from Majestic Rock Records dedicated to 80s re-releases.
And they have been suspected to be a little shady with their re-releases. I would go with the Aquarius press - that one is great.
I'd make an educated guess that their releases are just like Wounded Bird's - licensed by paying mechanical copyrights to the original labels and done without any band involvement whatsoever. Hence the lack of better booklets and/or bonuses.

I just purchased a copy for $10 off Amazon, will see if my guess is true or false.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:What a masterpiece and what a great band... I have a strange print of Metalized, infact I added it on MS, I wonder if the Combat USA is the real first press - honestly I don't care a lot (not going to buy that Combat version for sure, I gladly keep this one) but just out of curiosity http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/13474
I noticed that you had added that release and have been meaning to ask you if it has an IFPI Code?

The Combat CD is legit as confirmed by the band when I contacted them way back in the early 2000's. It's from 1987 though and this album was put out in 1986. I doubt that there is an earlier CD pressing personally.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: I noticed that you had added that release and have been meaning to ask you if it has an IFPI Code?
Ok I check it, wait... *checking* ... nothing. There is only the matrix code which is DISQUE AMERIC S3C1<110>Q2541

The front inlay is only one page ^^ in the opposite cover side there is the usual Thanks and also Endorsements infos, no lyrics. The (white) spines have only "SWORD Q2-541" and nothing else xD !

A photo ...

The Combat CD is legit as confirmed by the band when I contacted them way back in the early 2000's. It's from 1987 though and this album was put out in 1986. I doubt that there is an earlier CD pressing personally.
I never said the Combat is not legit :) I'd like to understand what pressing I have and what's its real pressing year (I also don't think it's from 1986). I surely got it in 90s but honestly I don't remember if previously or after 1996.

When I was going to add it in the MS collection I clicked on the other Aquarius re-release (same kat.num.) but then I happen to discover that the EAN is different, also this cd comes with a Capital logo on the cd and also backcover. I would like to compare this press to the 1996 one... I think I already asked to the other guy (spirz) if he could make some scans but he never replied :\
If you compare the EAN codes

060270054127 -> spirz one
060271154123 -> mine

it seems mine comes later :) !
I wonder if he reads "1996" on his cd, on mine I can't find anything different from 1986, have anybody here the same spirz's press ?

Probably it will end like Watchtower "Energetic Dissassembly" on IOA, there are 4 pressings and nobody knows which one is the first LOL
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I wonder if SWORD had any demos...
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

stormspell wrote:
Zdan wrote:
stormspell wrote:Apparently this is a re-issue on Krescendo Records, which is a new offshoot from Majestic Rock Records dedicated to 80s re-releases.
And they have been suspected to be a little shady with their re-releases. I would go with the Aquarius press - that one is great.
I'd make an educated guess that their releases are just like Wounded Bird's - licensed by paying mechanical copyrights to the original labels and done without any band involvement whatsoever. Hence the lack of better booklets and/or bonuses.

I just purchased a copy for $10 off Amazon, will see if my guess is true or false.
That is probably right. I wonder if their Dark Star reissue is legit - that is the one I am interested in most of all.
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

FOLLOW THE WHEEEELS, WHEELS OF FIIIIREEE
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
Avenger wrote: I noticed that you had added that release and have been meaning to ask you if it has an IFPI Code?
Ok I check it, wait... *checking* ... nothing. There is only the matrix code which is DISQUE AMERIC S3C1<110>Q2541

The front inlay is only one page ^^ in the opposite cover side there is the usual Thanks and also Endorsements infos, no lyrics. The (white) spines have only "SWORD Q2-541" and nothing else xD !

A photo ...

I never said the Combat is not legit :) I'd like to understand what pressing I have and what's its real pressing year (I also don't think it's from 1986). I surely got it in 90s but honestly I don't remember if previously or after 1996.

When I was going to add it in the MS collection I clicked on the other Aquarius re-release (same kat.num.) but then I happen to discover that the EAN is different, also this cd comes with a Capital logo on the cd and also backcover. I would like to compare this press to the 1996 one... I think I already asked to the other guy (spirz) if he could make some scans but he never replied :\
If you compare the EAN codes

060270054127 -> spirz one
060271154123 -> mine

it seems mine comes later :) !
I wonder if he reads "1996" on his cd, on mine I can't find anything different from 1986, have anybody here the same spirz's press ?

Probably it will end like Watchtower "Energetic Dissassembly" on IOA, there are 4 pressings and nobody knows which one is the first LOL
Interesting. This is a Canadian pressing then. When it was done, I have no clue. The CAT Number really don't mean much though because I'm guessing that the 1996 re-issues are just repressings of the CD in your possession. I have the 1996 re-issues as well, so tell me what you would like to know and I can tell you.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:I wonder if SWORD had any demos...
That would surely be a treat.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: I have the 1996 re-issues as well, so tell me what you would like to know and I can tell you.
Oh, make a photo of backcover and cd then, I'd like to compare, thanks :D