Most wanted official cd re-issues?

...and all CD issues goes here.
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Avenger wrote: Mike as quite the back catelog that he still has the rights for...
Yeah, he does and he's been pretty uncooperative about either a) putting the stuff out himself, or b) licensing out titles at times.

Luckily, we finally got the EXCITER and RODS titles he had control of after years of waiting but I'd love non-boot versions of the GRIFFIN, HEXX, RAVAGE and most of all TRAUMA albums if he still has the rights to those. And even the 3 original US METAL lps. Sure, they were uneven and some of that material has been released elsewhere, but they were important historical artifacts.

Then there is the whole WILD DOGS mess. Even though those lps have been booted and quasi-legally released by former band members on cdrs with bonus tracks (pretty GOOD cdrs and boots, but STILL ccdrs and boots :D ) I'd still like to see them done completely right.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

In The Raw wrote:
Avenger wrote: Mike as quite the back catelog that he still has the rights for...
Then there is the whole WILD DOGS mess. Even though those lps have been booted and quasi-legally released by former band members on cdrs with bonus tracks (pretty GOOD cdrs and boots, but STILL ccdrs and boots :D ) I'd still like to see them done completely right.
The First two Wild Dogs albums were officially released for the first time on CD by North Wind.

Although, I would like to see "Dead To The World" finally released...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Avenger wrote:The First two Wild Dogs albums were officially released for the first time on CD by North Wind.

Thanks for that info - I had no idea North Wind were putting these out. It looks like they have the first 3 on the cards for official release. Great news. I hope they have bonus tracks, but at least if they are properly mastered that will be an improvement over what I have.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

In The Raw wrote:
Avenger wrote:The First two Wild Dogs albums were officially released for the first time on CD by North Wind.

Thanks for that info - I had no idea North Wind were putting these out. It looks like they have the first 3 on the cards for official release. Great news. I hope they have bonus tracks, but at least if they are properly mastered that will be an improvement over what I have.
Yeah, they also re-issued "Reign Of Terror", but that was originally put on CD format by Enigma back in 1987 during it's initial release.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Avenger wrote:
mega_lodon wrote:I hope Sharpnel can reissue APOCRYPHA "Forgotten Scroll" in the near future.
Mike as quite the back catelog that he still has the rights for...

As for "The Forgotten Scroll", I could care less at this point because this has been legitimately issued on CD at one point and I have a copy of the original.

I'm trying to stick mostly with things that haven't been issued before on CD or that were not done properly.

If Shrapnel went out and issued Apocrypha's entire back-catelog on say 1 or 2 CD's, I sure as hell wouldn't buy that. It's being cheap and taking the easy way out. I mean that's fine for releasing all the material of a band that put out nothing more then demos, but for full-lengths it's a slap in the face.
The “Forgotten Scroll” CD isn’t extremely hard to come by; it’s just too expensive to acquire one. I think my friend still has a spare copy (Jap pressing) but last time I knew he was asking for a price that was way out of my budget.

I can understand how one can feel after investing his money and effort in those rare stuff just to find out later they are reissued and available on eBay at a price of $9.99 per piece. He might also afraid this could affect the market value of his rare collection. Yeah right, Metal should not be cheap, it has to be expensive or/and hard to find.
:x
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mega_lodon wrote:
Avenger wrote:
mega_lodon wrote:I hope Sharpnel can reissue APOCRYPHA "Forgotten Scroll" in the near future.
Mike as quite the back catelog that he still has the rights for...

As for "The Forgotten Scroll", I could care less at this point because this has been legitimately issued on CD at one point and I have a copy of the original.

I'm trying to stick mostly with things that haven't been issued before on CD or that were not done properly.

If Shrapnel went out and issued Apocrypha's entire back-catelog on say 1 or 2 CD's, I sure as hell wouldn't buy that. It's being cheap and taking the easy way out. I mean that's fine for releasing all the material of a band that put out nothing more then demos, but for full-lengths it's a slap in the face.
The “Forgotten Scroll” CD isn’t extremely hard to come by; it’s just too expensive to acquire one. I think my friend still has a spare copy (Jap pressing) but last time I knew he was asking for a price that was way out of my budget.

I can understand how one can feel after investing his money and effort in those rare stuff just to find out later they are reissued and available on eBay at a price of $9.99 per piece. He might also afraid this could affect the market value of his rare collection. Yeah right, Metal should not be cheap, it has to be expensive or/and hard to find.
:x
That's not what I was implying... However, asking for re-issues of stuff that's already out there doesn't make sense to me. Besides, I'd rather have an original pressing any day over a re-issue. By your logic, I guess downloading music for $0.02 a song and making a CD-R is great because it's cheap. As long as you have a copy right?...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avengement wrote:The First two Wild Dogs albums were officially released for the first time on CD by North Wind.

Are you sure North Wind licensed them from Mike Varney and not from Matt McCourt... coz I know Matt has been trying to license those out to labels, and I dont think he has the legal rights to do so, He has been claiming Mike let him do so on verbal agreement, but I wouldnt sign a contract on that assumption... I hope North Wind know what they are doing...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'd love to have GLACIER with Tim Lachman on vocals.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Avengement wrote:
In The Raw wrote:

Yeah, they also re-issued "Reign Of Terror", but that was originally put on CD format by Enigma back in 1987 during it's initial release.
Dead to the world = The best Wild Dogs album. It surely deserves a proper rerelease and it's extremely good to be included only as a bonus to the Reign of Terror CD.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Avengement wrote:I'm trying to stick mostly with things that haven't been issued before on CD or that were not done properly.
I'd love to see proper re-issues of the Highway Chile albums!
I LOVE Storybook Heroes (my avatar)!

Whilst I love the 'sound' of that album (on vinyl) ...a proper CD version would be convenient and nice to hear!

What about CD re-issue recommendations???? Maybe a new thread??

I really love 'Breaker-Get Tough' re-issue on Auburn. 2 discs of solid music!
All killer - NO filler!!!!!!!!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Korgüll wrote:I'd love to see proper re-issues of the Highway Chile albums!
I'm missing that kinky Crisis woman already.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
hload

Post by hload »

i don't care the less for any reissues in general....after all the one i ever dream(i forget right now how to write it in past tense) of will never happen..... :( and i don't have enough spare money anymore just to pay huge phone bills and listen to couple of these tracks on the phone.......
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:I'm missing that kinky Crisis woman already.
Yeah, I was thinking about using another cover with a hot woman on it, but I was getting all excited about Highway Chile so I had to use it!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Korgüll wrote:I'd love to see proper re-issues of the Highway Chile albums!
HIGHWAY CHILE is a great example of a band thats classic catalog has never been touched on official cd. I've never heard them (this was one of the few bands I missed out on back in the day) but I'd buy them the minute they came out.

Also, does anyone know if the VANADIUM albums ever got any kind of cd issue?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

In The Raw wrote:Also, does anyone know if the VANADIUM albums ever got any kind of cd issue?
You're talking about the itialian band right?

I don't think that they ever have.

Only greek bootlegs.