Most wanted official cd re-issues?

...and all CD issues goes here.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Avengement wrote: That's not what I was implying... However, asking for re-issues of stuff that's already out there doesn't make sense to me. Besides, I'd rather have an original pressing any day over a re-issue. By your logic, I guess downloading music for $0.02 a song and making a CD-R is great because it's cheap. As long as you have a copy right?...
Ok let’s get the points straight, I love original (first) pressings. Given a choice between 1st pressing and a regular reissue, I would buy the original if the price is within my budget. However there are some titles that are just hard to find or just too expensive. “Forgotten Scroll” fits the bill and I think it is sensible to have a proper reissue.
I don’t fully get what you mean “asking for re-issues of stuff that's already out there doesn't make sense to me”? Now I hope I’m not confused about the meaning of the words “available” and “exist”. I agree there’s no point of reissuing an album when the original pressing is still ‘widely’ (I use the word loosely) available. However, should I tell the guy (DMR) earlier in this thread that his request for reissue of Heavy Load albums (assuming CD) is meaningless just because the original CDs still exist on earth (oh have we ever seen a CD ‘extinct’? :lol: )? Yeah, deep in my selfish heart dare I admit I wouldn’t want to see any label reissue the Heavy Load CDs ‘cos I’m lucky to have the original CDs in my collection but I wouldn’t say it makes no sense when someone is wishing for a reissue!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

mega_lodon wrote:I wouldn’t want to see any label reissue the Heavy Load CDs ‘cos I’m lucky to have the original CDs in my collection
Are you sure they were ever officially released on CD?

I think the only CD versions available are bootlegs..? I have them and they look boot as hell, even supposed Jap pressings???
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:
mega_lodon wrote:I wouldn’t want to see any label reissue the Heavy Load CDs ‘cos I’m lucky to have the original CDs in my collection
Are you sure they were ever officially released on CD?

I think the only CD versions available are bootlegs..? I have them and they look boot as hell, even supposed Jap pressings???
The Japan pressings are legit.

It's the greek boots that have flooded the market giving any Heavy Load CD a bad name.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

The Japanese cds of "Death or Glory" and "Stronger Than Evil" are legit. I have both of them.

The "Full Speed At High Level" cd is a boot however. I have that and its pretty low quality - it even has a "vinyl skip" on it.

I've never seen the Greek HEAVY LOAD boots - but assume that they are inferior to the Japanese versions.

As for VANADIUM - I was referring to the Italian band. The only legal VANADIUM related thing I own is the strange "Fire Trails" re-recordings cd which comes in a dvd-size digi-book. The other albums I had to make do with on the boots. Those are lp rips and while they can get me by I'd like properly mastered legal issues.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Heavy Load Jap CDs are legit, but those copies of Jap CDs selling on eBay are counterfeits. First they appeared as 'Jap CD w/o obi', but now it seems like those bootleggers are smart enough to include the obi in their counterfeit CDs.

Back on topic, it would be great if someone can rerelease the Destroyer 666 'Satanic Speed Metal' EP on CD or vinyl. Or maybe they can use that title song as a bonus track in some D666 reissue albums. Man I just need that fuckin' song. :)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

All this talk about re-issues, I've noticed there's been a heap coming out again from Century Media lately such as Dark Angel, Nuclear Assault, Agent Steel, Possessed etc... in digipacks with bonus tracks, demos etc.. and Demolition Hammer all albums on a 2CD (at last)

...& Earache are going to town on the Carcass re-issues too..

I guess these labels can't sign anything decent anymore :?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

REAL Kraken reissues, not that crappy I + II thing.
hload

Post by hload »

mega_lodon wrote:Heavy Load Jap CDs are legit, but those copies of Jap CDs selling on eBay are counterfeits. First they appeared as 'Jap CD w/o obi', but now it seems like those bootleggers are smart enough to include the obi in their counterfeit CDs.

Back on topic, it would be great if someone can rerelease the Destroyer 666 'Satanic Speed Metal' EP on CD or vinyl. Or maybe they can use that title song as a bonus track in some D666 reissue albums. Man I just need that fuckin' song. :)

who told you this? everything from heavy load on cd is fucking bootleg. neither ragne nor styrbjorn ever got a penny or authorised them....they don't even have a copy of them....only the japanese pressings on vinyls are legit......
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

hload wrote:
mega_lodon wrote:Heavy Load Jap CDs are legit, but those copies of Jap CDs selling on eBay are counterfeits. First they appeared as 'Jap CD w/o obi', but now it seems like those bootleggers are smart enough to include the obi in their counterfeit CDs.

who told you this? everything from heavy load on cd is fucking bootleg. neither ragne nor styrbjorn ever got a penny or authorised them....they don't even have a copy of them....only the japanese pressings on vinyls are legit......
I'm talking about the Japanese cds that came out like over 10 years ago - long before the wave of bootlegs. I'll have to pull them out (my collection is huge and not organized well right now) to check but I got them from a Japanese dealer back then and they were pretty expensive. I think they were on Nexus/King records.

I didn't know that the band had not authorized that 90's deal - so I have no idea as to their bootleg status. There was a time when Japanese labels like Pony Canon were putting out stuff like DARK STAR, WITCHFINDER GENERAL - "Death Penalty" and WITCHFYNDE - "Giive 'Em Hell" (that one came with a sticker) and BLITZKRIEG - "A Time Of Changes". I bought many of them and they were always really expensive and had to be gotten from Japanese dealers.

If the HEAVY LOAD guys ever do an official license I'll be the first to buy those albums on cd.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
hload

Post by hload »

first time i met styrbjorn in 97-98 in kaarlavagen 119( :lol: ).....the first day we used to hang around stockholm and he took me to some sight seeings....the other day while talking for the past etc he told me about their japanese tour....then i told him about the japanese cds and he didn't have any idea at all! so they are not approved by them apparently!

i remembered that he didn't have copies of their first lp and all the stores there had it for outrageous prices( from 600 to 800 kr). once he asked a buddy there(who knew him) to sell it to me for a cheaper price. he didn't want though! thankfully i found it later from a cool and handsome guy :lol:

but he gave me 2 great thor's hammers pendants with the heavy load logo, a t-shirt which still i have(although small now, i'm planning to frame it one of these days), some signed posters, a video, a great viking book(which influenced also manowar for sign of the hammer!). ha, i had with me also the 2nd and 3rd issue of the great "singing swords" 'zine and they were signed by both brothers. the 2nd time-during my honey moon from my 2nd wedding- i visited them only styrbjorn was there. and he took me to the national radio. there was a coffee shop and i met leif and maestro carl johan. great memories. later that night we drunk some drinks in the ankor pub. the other day i took the bus and went to uppsala. i found many swedish singles there for peanuts(which i traded hopefully :lol: ) an original solid ground(which bought me the plain ticket for one KIT :lol: ) and some cds from modest attraction, axia, a capricorn tape which of course i still have.... :lol:

sadly eddy's traces are lost and the brothers didn't see him....i don't see how possible is a reunion of them(not that i want it though....)
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

hload wrote:

If you are refering to the Jap CDs that were released in the mid 90s, then this is new news to me. I say music business is complicated. :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

hload wrote:

Does the band own all the rights to their own music?

Remember, only "Full Speed At High Level" was self-released (at one point).

The rights holder does not have to tell the band shit in regards to selling/leasing rights to other labels to re-issue the material.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avenger wrote:Remember, only "Full Speed At High Level" was self-released (at one point).
Actually I think it was the other way around. Heavy Sound Records ("Full Speed.." LP) was a record store in Sthlm who also had some other releases (none of them metal though), while Thunderload Records (the rest) was their own private label. You're right about bands not always owning the rights to their music though.
GJ

Post by GJ »

DaN wrote:Actually I think it was the other way around. Heavy Sound Records ("Full Speed.." LP) was a record store in Sthlm who also had some other releases (none of them metal though), while Thunderload Records (the rest) was their own private label.
Not metal (Full Speed... is not very metal either) but still hard´n´heavy.
Btw did they release anything more than Heavy Load, the two Murasaki's (Starship and Live), Goddo (S/T) and Walter Rossi (Wizard)?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:
Avenger wrote:Remember, only "Full Speed At High Level" was self-released (at one point).
Actually I think it was the other way around. Heavy Sound Records ("Full Speed.." LP) was a record store in Sthlm who also had some other releases (none of them metal though), while Thunderload Records (the rest) was their own private label. You're right about bands not always owning the rights to their music though.
Didn't know that Thunderload was the bands own personal label.

Learn something new everyday...

Maybe the member that's no longer in contact with the band gave permission?

I'll check my copy of "Death Or Glory" when I get home in a few days.

It has a legitimate Matrix from what I recall...

Bootlegs do not get into my actual collection easily.