Cezi

Post by Cezi »

Just to let you know - quite a rare one Roadrunner Slimline appeared on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AU-PAIRS-PLAYIN ... 0894921622

Best regards,

Cezi
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Goodness, they did have some weirdly unmetal stuff issued/licensed early on. Neuronium! Liaisons Dangereuses! Jim Croce!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Cezi wrote:Just to let you know - quite a rare one Roadrunner Slimline appeared on ebay:

Best regards,

Cezi
I already saw this but this album isn't Metal and not of any interest to me. Of course there are the guys out there that will bid on it simply for the Roadrunner logo though.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Avenger wrote:Of course there are the guys out there that will bid on it simply for the Roadrunner logo though.
Or because they're into feminist post-punk. Like me.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Cezi

Post by Cezi »

Troma

Post by Troma »

looks like thallos is back!
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

he doesn't want to sell them
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

http://www.ebay.com/sch/thallos81/m.htm ... 7675.l2562
Damn!! Never seen so many goodies gathered together but not even one single bargain!! He seems to have everything overpriced from 1$ to +oo.!!! :lol:
Cezi

Post by Cezi »

Well in my opinion paying 100$ for Au Pairs is OK, and it's worthy paying for that one. It's a rare one. In this thread there is a still active ebay link, when Au Pairs CD was sold for $123 two years ago.

For the rest (especially Slayer's) the prices are grossly exaggerated. I paid approximately $150 for Show No Mercy and $100 for Hell Awaits about 10 years ago. But the prices of Slimline series didn't change much in the last 10 years. However is becomes harder and harder to find a bargain. Good thing - they are so unique, that there is no risk of bootleg.

Cezi

P.S. If Thallos reads this post he'll immediately raise the price of Au Pairs to $200:)) Besides pay attention to Thallos' shipping costs? Gold envelopes?:)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Cezi wrote: Besides pay attention to Thallos' shipping costs? Gold envelopes?:)
USPS raised the shipping rates last January ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
Cezi wrote: Besides pay attention to Thallos' shipping costs? Gold envelopes?:)
USPS raised the shipping rates last January ...
His shipping prices to Canada at least are a ripoff. 1x CD = $8.55 USD. Then it goes up depending on the weight. It's not $6.00 for each CD. For example 4x CD's = $12.00 USD.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

that is for Shipping and "handling", not only for Shipping

if you are seller, you have to consider paypal fee, various costs for packaging as well as postage

of course, there are a lot of sellers who try to get benefit from the S&H
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

gigadeth wrote:of course, there are a lot of sellers who try to get benefit from the S&H
These are douche bag tactics in my opinion. If a seller charges me $15.00 for shipping and then the package arrives with a price of $8.00 for shipping then I am going to be pissed off. This "handling fee" is bullshit in my opinion. This is something that the seller should consider prior to selling on ebay or choosing to accept paypal as a payment option. If you don't want to pay for selling fees then opt to sell where there aren't any. Do not make the buyer who is already generous enough to bid or buy your item incur additional cost.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

What year the slimlines are REALLY from? 1985 ?
Cezi

Post by Cezi »

Heathen wrote:What year the slimlines are REALLY from? 1985 ?
Yes I would say so. Although the dates on the CD's vary from 1982 to 1985 but these are probably dates of first LP releases. Maybe some of the disks were released in 1984 but 1985 id definitely the deadline.

Cezi