Roadrunner slimlines

...and all CD issues goes here.
gauze

Post by gauze »

wow I had no idea these were valuable, I bought the Slayer ones back then for around $28 each which at the time was an insane amount of money (since I was making about $60 a week washing dishes), then in the late 80s someone broke into my mother's house and stole my CD collection and those 2 went with them.

I found Hell Awaits in a local CD shop for $6 with the slimline case removed and the sticker that goes on the slimline peeled off just for the title and stuck to the spine of a normal jewelcase. I am sure it was mine but there was no way to prove it and the guy at the CD store didn't care when I mentioned I was pretty sure this was a CD that was stolen from me.
the future language
Cezi

Post by Cezi »

Well, Have you bought it back? The point is that some time ago I bought Hell Awaits copy exacly as you described. back sticker glued to the ordinary slim jewel case. I had to spare a slimline case from "Wham - Make it Big" to "restore" the cd to the original release.

Best regards,
Cezi
rom

Post by rom »

Hi,

@Avenger: just in case, there is the slimline pressing of the MAD MAX Rollin' Thunder CD up for auction on eBay actually: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0250287515.

Good luck!
ROM
Cezi

Post by Cezi »

rom wrote:Hi,

@Avenger: just in case, there is the slimline pressing of the MAD MAX Rollin' Thunder CD up for auction on eBay actually: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0250287515.

Good luck!
ROM
I was just to place that post:))

Best regards,
Cezi
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Thanks guys.

I've been watching this already but thanks for the look out :)
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
hload

Post by hload »

Avenger wrote:Thanks guys.

I've been watching this already but thanks for the look out :)
so are we going to see who has the sharpest paypal steele? :lol: fekk, i wished i didn't see this auction. i have now 2 mad max babies to seacrh for.....herr voss, what did you do to me.......
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

$213.00...........

Fuck off.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

How could I go about replacing the slimline case, is there any cheap cds that I could buy that came with the slimline case that I could replace the case with? What non roadrunner slimline series cds came in these cases?
Since I bought a cd that came with the booklet and the back insert but was put onto a normal jewel case so I need to find a replacement case if possible.
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

slayerhatesusall wrote:How could I go about replacing the slimline case, is there any cheap cds that I could buy that came with the slimline case that I could replace the case with? What non roadrunner slimline series cds came in these cases?
Since I bought a cd that came with the booklet and the back insert but was put onto a normal jewel case so I need to find a replacement case if possible.
I have the same question. I own now around the 13 Slimlines, but from two I need to replace the cases too.

If you find anything, please let me know.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

How do you plan to replace the cases when the tracklist on the back is a sticker?

It was a pain in the ass and very time consuming but I hand cleaned all my slimline cases with a special cleaner and they turned out quite well. They aren't anywhere near perfect as they still have some scratches on the clear front panel but are way better then they were.
slayerhatesusall

Avenger wrote:How do you plan to replace the cases when the tracklist on the back is a sticker?

It was a pain in the ass and very time consuming but I hand cleaned all my slimline cases with a special cleaner and they turned out quite well. They aren't anywhere near perfect as they still have some scratches on the clear front panel but are way better then they were.
Believe it or not I have 3 slimline cds without the jewel cases, but with the back stickers, they pulled them off the slimline case and stuck them on cdr back inserts. Now I removed them from the back insert carefully without ripping them too much somehow which was a pain and took a few hours to do but now I need the slimline cases for them and they did lose the stickyness so I'll have to get some glue or something for that. At least they were cheap, two were $14 each, the other $9.99. I already put one of them onto an empty slimline case, since I bought another cd that had the slimline case but the idiot peeled off the back sticker, but it was just $18 including shipping. I have the worst fucking luck with these slimline cds haha, at least they were cheap.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Slimline, digipacks, cardboard, etc.: I PASS :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

^ +1
Cezi

Post by Cezi »

Here is the link for excellent slimline case to replace if you have back sticker:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310017292924

It hasn't been sold for about two years, so you can haggle about the price a little bit.

By the way "slayerhatesusall" wich slimlines do you have?

Best regards,

Cezi
slayerhatesusall

Cezi wrote:Here is the link for excellent slimline case to replace if you have back sticker:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310017292924

It hasn't been sold for about two years, so you can haggle about the price a little bit.

By the way "slayerhatesusall" wich slimlines do you have?

Best regards,

Cezi
Yeah I saw that there a while ago but I don't think he would accept my cheap offer, but I might try anyway.
I don't have many slimlines, the only complete ones I have are raven- all for one and Tokyo blade- night of the blade, I have two copies of Tokyo blade- self titled, both missing the slimline cases, one has the back insert the other doesn't, and venom- at war with satan which is missing the slimline case but has the back sticker.