Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Anyone familiar with GOBRA from Finland? They released several 7'' in the 80's and a full lenght in 1990 (i think). They also released a couple of albums lately. Of course i'm mainly interested in the older material. Is it any good? Worth searching for it?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

If Mr. Pentagramophone pops by I'm sure he can tell us some about this peculiar band. From what I've been told they were a pretty lame HR/HM.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Does anyone know a swedish band called Northern Light ? They released an album in 1987 "Shadows from the Wilderness". But I can't find more info.

Thanx !
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

omen of hate wrote:Does anyone know a swedish band called Northern Light ? They released an album in 1987 "Shadows from the Wilderness". But I can't find more info.

Thanx !
Actually the band is called NORDEN LIGHT.They were from Göteborg.I have it on Vinyl it is quite rare.It was released on Sonet records(a swedish pop record company).This band played Hard rock in the hard way not the glam.Christer Mentzer recorded some tracks under the moniker MENTZER on Scandinavian Metal compilations and also some demos under MENTZER.They also participated in the Dario Argento's Film Opera with the track ''No Escape''.Some more infos there you go

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=85872199
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks a lot !!
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:Do you have a link to the eBay auction? It would be cool to see that cover.
http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar. ... 0042739519

Indeed a killer cover.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Anyone got the album by czech DAI? Is it recommended? People usually throw a reference to MASTER'S HAMMER as soon as the band is from CR and has some epic moments but few, if any, bands live up to that status. I came to think about the band when reading the "Recent metal finds" thread about the Ultra metal II comp... Perhaps someone could upload the DAI album?
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

When I just googled for info on Gillman CDs this page came up: http://hechoenvenezuela.progvinyl.com/hmpage.htm
Does anyone know anything, or have heard the band HAZ listed on that page? The cover art of the debut looks pretty fucking promising!
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

DaN wrote: Does anyone know anything, or have heard the band HAZ listed on that page? The cover art of the debut looks pretty fucking promising!
Haha, indeed...
Fun records
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Metalipeiklo wrote:Anyone got the album by czech DAI? Is it recommended? People usually throw a reference to MASTER'S HAMMER as soon as the band is from CR and has some epic moments but few, if any, bands live up to that status. I came to think about the band when reading the "Recent metal finds" thread about the Ultra metal II comp... Perhaps someone could upload the DAI album?
I'm currently the DAI album on 320 kb/s on megaupload, on two separate parts. I got of dub on this one year ago or so I think I can share it here with serious people.
Gott ist tot.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Has anyone heard this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Eagle-Leave-m ... dZViewItem

Never seen it before. Looks quite metal if you ask me.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Never heard of it either, someone else does?
Long Live The Loud !!!
peterott

Post by peterott »

Does anyone know about the possible existance of these releases ? I collect info on releases since years (be it the unreliable Metal Archives or a list I see or adverts or whatever) but don't know if I can remove a part from my want-list in case it does not exist...

Algaion (SWE) - The Herostrategic Legacy MCD 2001 (ever rel. by Loud'n Proud Rec. or Wounded Love ??)
Allegiance - Hymns Of Blod CD (ever released ????)
Crucifier (US) - By Disgrace Of God 7" (or was this a MC-only ??)
Crucifier (US) - Powerless Against 7" 1994 (ever released ??)
Decameron (SWE) - Mockery Of The Holy 7" 1994 (was hat ever released by Corpsegrinder ????)
Destroyer 666 (AUS) - Ned Kelly Tribute EP (ever released ?)
Forlord (NOR) - Slay And Burn MCD (ever released ??)
Infamy (US) - Rape Grind And Pillage CD (ever released ??)
Inquisition (COL) - Nomenon CD (ever rel Defiled Rec.??)
My Dying Bride - The Light at the End of the World LP 1999 (ever released on LP??)
My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours LP 2001 (ever released on LP??)
My Dying Bride - The Voice of the Wretched LP/CD 2002 (ever released on LP??)
Nameless (COL) - Across The Threshold MCD 1996 (or was this a MC-only ??)
Nihilist (SWE) - Death Over Sweden 87-89 CD (ever rel. by Death Valley 69 Rec. ????)
Silent Death (MALA) - Break The Silence EP (not clear if MC or MCD or 7")
Slaughter (CAN) - Fatal Judgement CD (was that ever be released by Utopian Music ???)
Sparagmos (POL) - Error CD (or was this a MC-only ??)
Soulreaper / Runemagick - Worshippers of Death Split EP (ever released ??????????????)
Traumatic (SWE) - A Perfect Night To Masturbate 7" 1991 (was this ever released by CBR Rec. ??)
Xyster (UK) - Subnormal 7" or Frozen 7" (do they really exist ????)

any help is appreciated
hell's dagger

Post by hell's dagger »

i think that intrinsic is the one that deserves the most.it's a killer album with awesome guitar work
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

You can cross the Destroyer 666 Tribute to Ned Kelly 7" off your list, that one never eventuated.