The Rare Heavy Metal reviews archive - general updates

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Zanker

Re: 1895 old reviews have been added to The Corroseum

Post by Zanker »

Noisenik wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:19 pm
Lama wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:24 pm
Zanker wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 am Nice that the index start with the logo letters of bands..
Indentify 'em all :)

The ones i recogonised immediately, if i'm not mistaken, are:
Anthracite
Crowley
Defender
Elixir
Resistencia
Wyzard
Bleak House, Flames Of Hell, Gotham City, Heathens Rage, Kraken, Legend, Militia, Ninja, Parabellum, Sarcofagus, Tyrant's Reign, Unreal Terror, Virtue, Xcel, Zen Venom... :)
Inherent Sin, Jag Panzer, Old Yron, Quo Vadis :D

and ... hYksos :lol:
Haha. Great. All complete now.
Ok Dan... Next puzzle please 😀
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

:shock:

Unbelievable, how much time did it take you to do this?

WE ARE NOT WORTHY - THANX!!!!!!!!!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Lama wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:24 pmParabellum
It's the wrong way round.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Hans

Post by Hans »

Awesome work man!! Long live the spirit of metaltreasures.at and metalpage, and hail the mighty corroseum!!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN, if I understood you correctly members and perhaps others are welcome to add new albums and write new reviews? What are the rules? Same as on both almost lost pages? I guess not bcs you omitted post 1999 releases. But you have been probably brooding on them, huh? Let us know, one member has already asked me, if he could send sth new.
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cochino wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:53 pm Just a little detail: in this one track 5 is listed as "Luiza Empieces Otra Vez" when it should read "Quiza Empieces Otra Vez".
Cheers! Fixed now. Keep 'em coming, folks..
Pavlos wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:48 pm :shock:

Unbelievable, how much time did it take you to do this?
A couple of weeks. Luckily I didn't have to do each page separately but could use some clever search-&-replace trickery on all pages at once. The most difficult challenge was "how the hell do I turn 2000+ separate html-pages into one searchable database-table??" but I figured out a pretty clever way to do that too. (Won't bore anything w/ tech details, ha ha)
Lots of after-work now, with adding better pictures, correcting rarity ratings etc, but the priority will be to add new reviews...
Noisenik wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:44 pm DaN, if I understood you correctly members and perhaps others are welcome to add new albums and write new reviews? What are the rules? Same as on both almost lost pages? I guess not bcs you omitted post 1999 releases. But you have been probably brooding on them, huh? Let us know, one member has already asked me, if he could send sth new.
I haven't really thought about recruiting reviewers yet. I guess if someone with really rare stuff (and not too shitty taste :lol: ) wanted to write something that'd be ok. ...and I could never turn down anyone who have contributed to The Metalpage in the past. FULL scans of the sleeve is an absolute must though!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

, one member has already asked me, if he could send sth new.
He is member here and had contributed there.
DaN wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:46 am
The Heavy Metal Wayback Machine - Your trusty vat of formaldehyde in the Heavy Metal morgue!
:lol:

You sure about the last word used?

I am really glad to see you so "fit". If I'd be in half such form :?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Zanker wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 pm THIS IS GREAT! Thank you!
Read some reviews for old times sake.
btw: The ARMAGEDDON (Cyprus) has some repetitive paragraphs at the end.
This is a really weird bug that sometimes happens when you use the English translation-plugin on some reviews. Googling this problem doesn't turn up any relevant results, so it might take a while for me to figure out what's causing this..
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:32 pm
, one member has already asked me, if he could send sth new.
He is member here and had contributed there.
[/quote]
Cool! He should contact me then :)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Another question:

which ones are priority, then? those that you/we know nothing about or have barely heard about? Demos? Which ones? Rare collectible version of known items? :?:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I suppose I could review a ton of old US/CAN hard rock/metal singles that no one knows about, if you're interested.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm Another question:

which ones are priority, then? those that you/we know nothing about or have barely heard about? Demos? Which ones? Rare collectible version of known items? :?:
- Unknown/lesser known / underrated old Metal vinyl is of course first priority, but early private CD releases are also interesting. Demos I think are almost an entire separate ocean that might need a separate section in the future, when we've run out on records to dig up.
- English reviews of classic records that are currently only in German is also welcomed, as well as longer reviews on the many short 1-2-line reviews in the archive.
- Styles like aor, sleaze, 70's rock, prog and crossover are less interesting, unless there's special circumstances like interesting band-connections or a need to "warn" about records that look totally Metal.
Khnud wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 pm I suppose I could review a ton of old US/CAN hard rock/metal singles that no one knows about, if you're interested.
Oh Hell Yezz! Actually I was planning on asking you about that since your US 7"-collection is Pure GOLD for this Project. Whenever you've got the time & inspiration, just write->scan->mail me.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 pm
Khnud wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 pm I suppose I could review a ton of old US/CAN hard rock/metal singles that no one knows about, if you're interested.
Oh Hell Yezz! Actually I was planning on asking you about that since your US 7"-collection is Pure GOLD for this Project. Whenever you've got the time & inspiration, just write->scan->mail me.
I second that motion! You've steered me towards many very interesting records here over the years khnud, so i look forward to learning more from you via this endeavour.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

bigfootkit wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 am
DaN wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 pm
I second that motion! You've steered me towards many very interesting records here over the years Khnud, so i look forward to learning more from you via your endeavours. And huge thanks to you DaN for salvaging & preserving all the archived reviews from those defunct sites.
Balls! I meant to edit my post, but i quoted by mistake. Please feel free to delete the comment i made above.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

EXCELLENT WORK, ETERNAL PRAISE!!!
Glad these reviews have survived and the format is topnotch
Long Live The Loud !!!