Stealing

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
great_knuthulhu

Stealing

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I just found this little thingy on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/COVEN-WORSHIP-NEW-G ... dZViewItem Not only is he selling one of the Hot Metal bootleg CDs, he has stolen Dan's review from this site as well. Disgusting.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Not the first time i see something like this on ebay. Coping + pasting other people's descriptions/reviews is something i meet quite often on many auctions. Reviews taken directly from metalpage, metal treasures etc...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

$15,- for that crap. If someone needs it, we'll upload this masterpiece in the Poisonoise section.
Long Live The Loud !!!
metaljunkie

Post by metaljunkie »

stealing I noticed not only on auctions - you can find that on a lot of blogs as well - have a look into http://bounded-by-metal.blogspot.com/ and you will find Dan's and other people's reviews without mentioning that the review actually was created by someone else :x (and usually 're-used' download links as well):

I think it should be good behaviour in science as well as in the net to cite any info you are plain using from someone else...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

metaljunkie wrote:stealing I noticed not only on auctions - you can find that on a lot of blogs as well - have a look into http://bounded-by-metal.blogspot.com/ and you will find Dan's and other people's reviews without mentioning that the review actually was created by someone else :x (and usually 're-used' download links as well):

I think it should be good behaviour in science as well as in the net to cite any info you are plain using from someone else...
That particular blog really "grinds my gears", i don't think any of the content is an original upload by this blogger. All his stuff appears to be pinched from other blogs & forums. He used to d/l stuff from my blog and re-up it through linkcash & pass it off as his own within hours of me posting it.
I ended up modifying all the id tags on my mp3s to say "Bounded By Metal is a thief", and of course, in his haste to steal my links, he continued re-upping them in that very condition.
Idiot.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

bigfootkit wrote:
metaljunkie wrote:stealing I noticed not only on auctions - you can find that on a lot of blogs as well - have a look into http://bounded-by-metal.blogspot.com/ and you will find Dan's and other people's reviews without mentioning that the review actually was created by someone else :x (and usually 're-used' download links as well):

That particular blog really "grinds my gears", i don't think any of the content is an original upload by this blogger. All his stuff appears to be pinched from other blogs & forums. He used to d/l stuff from my blog and re-up it through linkcash & pass it off as his own within hours of me posting it.
I ended up modifying all the id tags on my mp3s to say "Bounded By Metal is a thief", and of course, in his haste to steal my links, he continued re-upping them in that very condition.
Idiot.
Your blog is full of available music too, so who is the thief?
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Black Axe wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:

Idiot.
Your blog is full of available music too, so who is the thief?
Fair comment Black Axe, but that's a different debate which i believe has been gone over at length elsewhere on this forum however.
Going by most of the comments i get at the blog, if people like the albums i post, they do go and buy the originals, whether they be in or out of print. I've played in bands for years myself, so have no wish to deprive struggling musicians of an income, but the state of affairs in the music business makes it harder and harder to make a living from record sales alone. If people buy albums or gig tickets as a result of hearing the bands online, that's a real result as far as i can see.
It can also help prevent disappointment when purchasing pricey old vinyl, how many dealers would be willing to let you hear in advance that "rare NWOBHM private press", which is actually nothing of the sort?
And if the young pups get an education in the music of yore, that can only help our beloved Metal grow stronger and hopefully influence the music of tomorrow.
I can dream...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

He also has the nerve to say that
You can always donate if you like a post ;-)
:roll:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I see snippets of reviews and other stuff taken from the Corroseum all the time and I wouldn't have a problem with it at all if they'd at least state their source. To be honest my reaction is more of a :roll: than a :evil: . What bugs me more is I just don't see the joy in doing a blog like BBM (and MANY others like it)
Is this what counts as creativity these days? Weak...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote:I see snippets of reviews and other stuff taken from the Corroseum all the time and I wouldn't have a problem with it at all if they'd at least state their source. To be honest my reaction is more of a :roll: than a :evil: . What bugs me more is I just don't see the joy in doing a blog like BBM (and MANY others like it)
:lol:
I was reminded when i read this of one occassion when i'd used part of one of DaN's reviews to compliment an album i'd posted on my blog, (with full credit and a link given of course!).
Dan got back to me to say that he'd begun reading the review and was in total frothing agreement with the write up and hadn't realized he was the author until about half way through!
At least you were still in agreement with yourself mate!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

bigfootkit wrote:
DaN wrote:I see snippets of reviews and other stuff taken from the Corroseum all the time and I wouldn't have a problem with it at all if they'd at least state their source. To be honest my reaction is more of a :roll: than a :evil: . What bugs me more is I just don't see the joy in doing a blog like BBM (and MANY others like it)
:lol:
I was reminded when i read this of one occassion when i'd used part of one of DaN's reviews to compliment an album i'd posted on my blog, (with full credit and a link given of course!).
Dan got back to me to say that he'd begun reading the review and was in total frothing agreement with the write up and hadn't realized he was the author until about half way through!
At least you were still in agreement with yourself mate!
A good sign. I've actually read a magazine review, disagreed on several points with the reviewer only to realise it was mine from a few years before :oops:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DMR

Post by DMR »

DaN wrote: What bugs me more is I just don't see the joy in doing a blog like BBM (and MANY others like it)
I don't think he does that blog for joy or creativity, he does it to make money from Linkbucks.com.