A New Hope for Corroseum Revival

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1539

A New Hope for Corroseum Revival

Post#1 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:19 am

I remember times when there were a lot cool things goin on Corroseum website/forum everyday/every month.I just woulder if there's something NEW is planned ? I mean I'm Die hard Corroseum fan and it still remains THE ONLY WEBSITE (Metal related) with inteligent people , knowledge and such .But right now there's no new feature / reviews / articles . I know DaN (The MAN) is rarely seen here , but I just want to ask one question. How all of you will see the future of The Corroseum website ? Any Suggestions ? I know everything is based on DaNs enthusiam and energy input... Maybe there should be more people involved into projects ?

Nightcrawler
Posts: 309

Post#2 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:53 am

Don't really see that there will be much changing on the site. When the site started (maybe 10 years ago or probably even longer-I remember there was another design and forum prior to this one) the scene wasn't as discovered as now and most reviews were about records that most people haven't heard of. I mean I always saw this site as something exclusive and at least for me it was the first that I read reviews about records as Black Hole, Heller, Unreal Terror and many more. There was hardly a review about a record here that was reviewed already on Metalpage before. Now mostly all stuff (that is worth) is already discovered and I don't think DaN wants to write a review about a record that most people have already heard of.

About the forum, we are all interested in bands/ records from the past, so there are not many news to discuss. For my taste it is a bit too much concentrated on the collecting side and I miss a bit the musical part on this forum, but then again I could also contribute more, but I have not much ideas :wink:

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#3 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:00 am

From my perspective the mods and/or the userbase could easily come up with many projects or updates to the current ones but Dan would have to permit access and relinquish some control to do these types of things. Many of the current or unfinished projects that were in progress were partnerships or done cooperatively anyway. Then there is the aspect of people that are actually committed and able to dedicate the time necessary to fulfill such activities. I don’t want to sound like I’m pointing the finger at Dan exclusively but the website is his baby so it’s understandable that he would want to oversee it all and because he clearly does not possess that luxury at this period of time everything has come to a halt.

It's not a lack of ideas so much as it is the process of implementing them.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Noisenik
Posts: 2296

Re: A New Hope for Corroseum Revival

Post#4 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:19 pm

lunaboy wrote:I remember times when there were a lot cool things goin on Corroseum website/forum everyday/every month.I just woulder if there's something NEW is planned ? I mean I'm Die hard Corroseum fan and it still remains THE ONLY WEBSITE (Metal related) with inteligent people , knowledge and such .But right now there's no new feature / reviews / articles . I know DaN (The MAN) is rarely seen here , but I just want to ask one question. How all of you will see the future of The Corroseum website ? Any Suggestions ? I know everything is based on DaNs enthusiam and energy input... Maybe there should be more people involved into projects ?
I suppose you have an idea or two. I guess, if they are within the scope of present structure of forum, they would be feasible. What is on your mind?

And I have an idea, too.

Check out this thread: http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7178
I am ... the One you warned me of

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 861

Post#5 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:25 am

I think this is happening in almost all Foruns i know.
The cause is surely Facebook or Twitter or something else ???????

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2012

Post#6 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:26 pm

One problem is DaN abandoning is forum. I think some updates to the existing structure of the site, new articles, his page about east Euro 7", new comilation updates, discography updates, all these things help keep the knowledge going.
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1539

Post#7 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:26 am

doomedplanet wrote:One problem is DaN abandoning is forum. I think some updates to the existing structure of the site, new articles, his page about east Euro 7", new comilation updates, discography updates, all these things help keep the knowledge going.
THIS !!!

User avatar
Dokken_Uwe
Posts: 816
Contact:

Post#8 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Yay, finally it's up again! Thanks DaN (or whoever made it possible)! :D
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!

User avatar
omen of hate
Posts: 6092

Post#9 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Yeah !!! Finally !!!

User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6076
Contact:

Post#10 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:36 am

Phew.
Unfunny signature.

User avatar
The Sentinel
Posts: 3498

Post#11 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:57 am

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Phew.
The annual bill once again :o
Long Live The Loud !!!

User avatar
bigfootkit
Posts: 2248
Contact:

Post#12 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 am

The new forum logo made me grin like a buffoon.
Congratulations to whoever was responsible for that, nice work.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6262
Contact:

Post#13 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:46 am

bigfootkit wrote:The new forum logo made me grin like a buffoon.
Congratulations to whoever was responsible for that, nice work.
It's only temporary, to push people in the direction of the new page.
...And yes, I'll stick around here a bit more in the future + there's also a few other updates in the making. It's been a busy few years but things are starting to normalize on my end so more time left over for The Olde Site.
The Heavy Metal Wayback Machine - Your trusty vat of formaldehyde in the Heavy Metal morgue!

User avatar
bigfootkit
Posts: 2248
Contact:

Post#14 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm

DaN wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:The new forum logo made me grin like a buffoon.
Congratulations to whoever was responsible for that, nice work.
It's only temporary, to push people in the direction of the new page.
...And yes, I'll stick around here a bit more in the future + there's also a few other updates in the making. It's been a busy few years but things are starting to normalize on my end so more time left over for The Olde Site.
Glad to hear you'll be around the old place again DaN, it's nice to have you back.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests