David DeFeis on PILEDRIVER, EXORCIST and ORIGINAL SIN

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe wrote:Now I still don't know who those women on the backcover of the Original Sin LP are. :(
xactly... That's the one mystery I'd still like to have sorted out. Wonder if any of them is even Danae? Plus, I was searching for a picture of Danae DeFeis to add to the page but didn't find one.. :(
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The real mystery is who is the girl on your avatar, Dan.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Mary-Louise Parker. Don't tell me you've missed out on Weeds, John?! Best. Series. Ever.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I did miss it, obviously...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Very interesting, thanks. I am indeed curious who "Original Sin" (photo-op version) are, always wanted to believe they were a real band (or at least that a couple of them actually played on the recording). One of my favorite albums.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

A huge thanks to mordred for this very interesting read !
mordred

Post by mordred »

How come you care who are in the Original Sin band photo but not in the Exorcist one?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Tits
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Cochino wrote:Tits
:lol:

edit:

But really, that's about the gist of it. Just that all female metal bands were so rare that having one exposed as fake thins the herd even more.
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

Excellent interview! So I guess this part mentioned on Exorcist's M-A page is total bullshit as well?
The second album was written in 1987. Little is known about it, but it's probably the V.S. guys again wanting to make something that sounded different from their usual stuff.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

vansinne wrote:Excellent interview! So I guess this part mentioned on Exorcist's M-A page is total bullshit as well?
The second album was written in 1987. Little is known about it, but it's probably the V.S. guys again wanting to make something that sounded different from their usual stuff.
The content on the Metal Archives is 60-70% bullshit. Take anyting you read there with a pinch of salt.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Interesting read !! Thanks a lot
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
mordred

Post by mordred »

vansinne wrote:Excellent interview! So I guess this part mentioned on Exorcist's M-A page is total bullshit as well?
Most likely yes. Probably something somebody pulled out of his ass just like the rest of what's said about Exorcist on M-A. I never heard about a second album, Defeis said nothing about it, I didn't ask. 1987-88 Virgin Steele were busy touring and working on Age of Consent. However I guess it can't be 100 percent ruled out that somebody, likely Cobra Records, toyed with the idea of putting a second Exorcist album together.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

great interview to close out all the false info out there. I assume the Mark Edwards mentioned in there has to be the same that has the "Code of Honor" mlp?

Listening to "Stay Ugly" lp right now, first time in at least 10 years, in this song 'Chaos' I really hear the Virgin Steel style here.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

mordred wrote:
Most likely yes. Probably something somebody pulled out of his ass just like the rest of what's said about Exorcist on M-A.
I've edited that part of the M-A bio. Hope someone more knowledgeable than me on Virgin Steele matters can rewrite the rest.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."