"WARNING! NOT METAL!"-gallery...

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Picked up this radio comp thinking for sure that dual-necked-guitar weilding wizard on the cover would offer up some metal. I was wrong.
http://www.radiouseonly.com/states/iowa ... 9-plus.htm

This 7" is often referred to as NWOBHM (and it sure looks the part), but it is boring pub rock which just isn't going to cut it in 1986.

If you've seen the blog about Welsh NWOBHM, there is a lot more lightweight, off-topic stuff listed on there. I have no idea how the folky soft rock of Drocas ended up in Malc’s encyclopedia.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Black Axe wrote:
The Knell wrote:Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3AazgHeC0w

Total Black Sabbath worship!
Yeah maybe but what about the rest
GJ

Post by GJ »

Which would you rather toast to?

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

:lol: "Äkta Majonäs" :lol: :lol: :lol: ...I'm pissing myself here :lol:
Was going to turn this EPIC pic into an avatar, but realized the oh-so-poetic message just wouldn't come across in 150x150-vision..
GJ

Post by GJ »

I'm having it now and I enjoy it immensely! (I rather leave you mystified here...) :D

Sending you a scan for the label index right now - nothing to get exited about though I'm sorry to say.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The old Mausoleum discography was littered with a few AOR/Keyboard Rock bands.

Oh, and the majority of Demon albums.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Avenger wrote:Demon albums.
i posted that though I dont think all where THAT wimpy, but the Tonight really is some soft melo crap, I honestly enjoy that the most of all post NWOBHM /being good era stuff though
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Knell wrote:
Avenger wrote:Demon albums.
i posted that though I dont think all where THAT wimpy, but the Tonight really is some soft melo crap, I honestly enjoy that the most of all post NWOBHM /being good era stuff though
Yeah, that's why I said the "majority". There are a couple earlier titles that have a little more grit, but that's being generous...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I'm enjoying this thread. It's put me in the mood to play Demon's The Plague again.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

GJ wrote:Which would you rather toast to?

I hope you didn't pay "Don't Push The Button" too much!!! --- btw,this is a clear example for a WARNING! section :wink:

And here it is another one:

Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MUSEUM OF FEAR which is the band that was formed by some APOLLO RA members is not really metal.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
GJ

Post by GJ »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:I hope you didn't pay "Don't Push The Button" too much!!! --- btw,this is a clear example for a WARNING! section :wink:
For "Don't Buy this Abomination" I handed out one hard-earned Euro in a local flea market. It surely is one you wouldn't expect to pop up in such an environment at this Northern Latitude: 62°39' (Longitude 17°29' E). That kind of money, I guess, does not match it's musical content very well. :roll: But still I kind of like having it in (the outskirts of) my collection. I paid about 25 euro for Outlast the Game, which is strange since it rather is 25 000 000 times better... :D

Oh, and the Carnegie Porterwould have cost me 15.90 skr (Swedish Crowns) while the mayo was something like 15.50, the former was tastier while the latter lasted longer (still haven't finished it actually).
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I was looking for that Argentinian cover of the demon-rising-from-the crypt-cover that is some really lame dance, synth crap, but didn't find it. I think Mr. Destrozer posted it once.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

These are more Rock than Metal, despite their artworks:

SHERWOOD - Rebel

SUNSET - Forgotten Kingdom

ELECTRIC EELS - same

ANETHA - Listen to the Future
Image[/img]
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

the name (a field of hell?), the font, and the band photos make this look like it might totally rip, but instead its just wimpy keyboard driven AOR