80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
User avatar
Zanker
Posts: 177

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#211 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Lama wrote: Haha, Dan even had to use a 'duvelke' to get them to the car :D !
A "duvelke" to push or one to drink? :D

Lama
Posts: 787

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#212 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Zanker wrote:
Lama wrote: Haha, Dan even had to use a 'duvelke' to get them to the car :D !
A "duvelke" to push or one to drink? :D
:D ! Well, he definitely 'pushed' some 'drinks' down his throat!
Kampel Destruction

otcmetal
Posts: 168

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#213 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:22 pm

I see a stack of Blackthorn mag there! Is #7 included? Hope there's a priority on putting that one up, if so! :shock:

User avatar
Zanker
Posts: 177

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#214 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Lama wrote:
Zanker wrote:
Lama wrote: Haha, Dan even had to use a 'duvelke' to get them to the car :D !
A "duvelke" to push or one to drink? :D
:D ! Well, he definitely 'pushed' some 'drinks' down his throat!
Haha..i bet he did! :D

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6261
Contact:

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#215 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:56 am

otcmetal wrote:I see a stack of Blackthorn mag there! Is #7 included? Hope there's a priority on putting that one up, if so! :shock:
"BLACKTHORN # 1, 4 - 8" says my inventory list, so yes, hopefully (at work now). I'll make it a priority then :)
The Heavy Metal Wayback Machine - Your trusty vat of formaldehyde in the Heavy Metal morgue!

otcmetal
Posts: 168

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#216 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 am

DaN wrote:
otcmetal wrote:I see a stack of Blackthorn mag there! Is #7 included? Hope there's a priority on putting that one up, if so! :shock:
"BLACKTHORN # 1, 4 - 8" says my inventory list, so yes, hopefully (at work now). I'll make it a priority then :)
Thanks, Dan. That's awesome! Too much great stuff in that pic.

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2012

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#217 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 pm

That zine picture just made my brain melt down.
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6261
Contact:

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#218 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 pm

The Heavy Metal Wayback Machine - Your trusty vat of formaldehyde in the Heavy Metal morgue!

otcmetal
Posts: 168

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#219 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:46 pm

DaN wrote:The First Six
Incredible...Thanks a million Dan!!!

User avatar
Noisenik
Posts: 2290

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#220 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:53 pm

DaN wrote:The First Six
F..k, I'll faint.
I am ... the One you warned me of

humus
Posts: 1418
Contact:

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#221 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:18 am

Haha, my village is being called a backward hamlet in the Flemish countryside in that French written magazine.

User avatar
Noisenik
Posts: 2290

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#222 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:56 am

humus wrote:Haha, my village is being called a backward hamlet in the Flemish countryside in that French written magazine.
Denderhoutem? Metallysee fest was there? KInda cool. Around my place there was a lot of metalheads, living in "small backwater" villages, LOL. Bcs, there wasn't much more than small backwater villages, after all.

This Steel Shock zine is quite killer. I suggest you take time to read Iron Angel interview. I don't understand everything, but context I do. What a finale. :D
I am ... the One you warned me of

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6261
Contact:

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#223 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Yeah, that Steel Shock issue was all coolness. Too bad I hardly understand a word of French. Would love to see a translation of the HELL-interview. Maybe it's time to play around with some images-to-text software? Combined with a good translation app the possibilities are endless...
The Heavy Metal Wayback Machine - Your trusty vat of formaldehyde in the Heavy Metal morgue!

humus
Posts: 1418
Contact:

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#224 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Noisenik wrote:
humus wrote:Haha, my village is being called a backward hamlet in the Flemish countryside in that French written magazine.
Denderhoutem? Metallysee fest was there? KInda cool. Around my place there was a lot of metalheads, living in "small backwater" villages, LOL. Bcs, there wasn't much more than small backwater villages, after all.
Yeah, although in all honesty I live one village away from Denderhoutem. I pass by the venue quite often when I go running. They did some hardcore shows there maybe ten years ago, but that was the last 'metal' activity there.
For some metal trivia, Metallysee originated in a pub very close to where I live now, in the early 80's. They started doing shows there and soon started with shows in all possible venues nearby. I guess this region was the best possible place to live for underground gigs in the golden days, together with the southern part of Holland.
By the time I started listening to metal in the late 90's everything had died down.

By the way, I think an automatic translator would have problems with the Hell article because the French that is used is quite 'advanced'. If I find some time I'll translate it.

User avatar
Zanker
Posts: 177

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post#225 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am

humus wrote:
Noisenik wrote:
humus wrote:Haha, my village is being called a backward hamlet in the Flemish countryside in that French written magazine.
Denderhoutem? Metallysee fest was there? KInda cool. Around my place there was a lot of metalheads, living in "small backwater" villages, LOL. Bcs, there wasn't much more than small backwater villages, after all.
Yeah, although in all honesty I live one village away from Denderhoutem. I pass by the venue quite often when I go running. They did some hardcore shows there maybe ten years ago, but that was the last 'metal' activity there.
For some metal trivia, Metallysee originated in a pub very close to where I live now, in the early 80's. They started doing shows there and soon started with shows in all possible venues nearby. I guess this region was the best possible place to live for underground gigs in the golden days, together with the southern part of Holland.
By the time I started listening to metal in the late 90's everything had died down.

By the way, I think an automatic translator would have problems with the Hell article because the French that is used is quite 'advanced'. If I find some time I'll translate it.
Ah, merci beaucoup J. :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest