80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
hasanfb

Post by hasanfb »

The links are all broken!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Can someone reupload these 'zines :

Deathcore #1
Kick Ass #29
Rock Hard USA #8
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback

Post by DaN »

I've finally breathed some life into this old forgotten section of the site. All download links have been updated + I've simplified the layout some so that updates won't be that much of a hassle..

I'm now VERY interested in contributions, so If you have any old 80's zines laying around and have access to a scanner, please get in contact!
whiteravenmetal

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post by whiteravenmetal »

wow some great stuff in there, thanks again for the killer reads! Can't remember the source of this one but it worths a look. http://es.calameo.com/read/0004126622b60a68c7574
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Brain Damage #1 and #2 has been added ...though I can't remember who originally sent me the scans of these. Rob/doomedplanet maybe? If anyone recognizes their work, please let me know and I'll give credits.
whiteravenmetal wrote:wow some great stuff in there, thanks again for the killer reads! Can't remember the source of this one but it worths a look. http://es.calameo.com/read/0004126622b60a68c7574
Cool! And weird.. I've haven't owned many old NWOBHM zines in my days but this exact issue was one of them. Too bad I never scanned it before I sold it :(

Did you make the scan yourself? I don't like grabbing stuff off other sites & blogs without asking the original scanner/uploader (which usually is easier to get hold of than the original publisher...)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

You should talk to the guy behind this blog:

http://demolitionbook.blogspot.se/

He's planning to issue a book on every 80's metal demo ever recorded (last I heard he's up to over 10,500 demos!), and as part of that project he's amassed hundreds (if not thousands) of zines in search of local demo acts.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Khnud wrote:You should talk to the guy behind this blog:

http://demolitionbook.blogspot.se/

He's planning to issue a book on every 80's metal demo ever recorded (last I heard he's up to over 10,500 demos!), and as part of that project he's amassed hundreds (if not thousands) of zines in search of local demo acts.
That's some project... :shock: Needs its own thread I think.

...doubt he'll have any time to do some fanzine-scanning for The Corroseum though. Or sleeping. Or eating.
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Did you make the scan yourself? I don't like grabbing stuff off other sites & blogs without asking the original scanner/uploader (which usually is easier to get hold of than the original publisher...)
No this is not my scan, that's why I said I can't remember the source, but if I do of course I'll let you know so you cant contact the owner, I share your position about taking stuff without permission :wink:

Here's another goodie (not mine either) just for entertainment purposes hehe.
http://es.calameo.com/read/0004126623c97be98bd97
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

5 more zines have been added to the Fanzine Archive. Metal Glory is the only one written in English, but despite the boring layout it's a recommended read with plenty of cool & obscure content. These are the last ones I had laying around at home, so now I'll need to widen the search a bit - i.e. the next update might take a while...
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Hey Dan, there are several issues that won't go to a download link. I got the Metal Madness, Forearm Smash and Deathcore issues to work, but most of the new ones just go to a pdf viewer, but don't show anything. Just thought you'd want to know. Thanks for making these available!!!
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

The new 5 worked for me.
Thanks Dan !
Knowledge Is Power
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

I still can't get them to work.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

otcmetal wrote:Hey Dan, there are several issues that won't go to a download link. I got the Metal Madness, Forearm Smash and Deathcore issues to work, but most of the new ones just go to a pdf viewer, but don't show anything. Just thought you'd want to know. Thanks for making these available!!!
Oops, I see the problem. Those links lead to the "View"-version of the Mediafire-upload. They're supposed to lead directly to the download page - my bad. I can fix this when I'm home. In the meantime you can click the "Download"-button in the upper right corner of the pdf-viewer-page ...or change the "view"-text in the url to "download".
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Just want you to know that this was in no way a complaint, just thought you'd want to know. It's greatly appreciated that you put these up. Thanks, mate!!!
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Got them to work via the url change! Not exactly too tech savvy here...Thanks!!!