The Metal Compilopedia

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
bigfootkit

Re: The Metal Compilopedia – Now w/ PICTURES

Post by bigfootkit »

Nice job DaN, the overhaul's certainly made it far more appealing to the eye.
Also, being able to easily access those 'Collectable labels & special selections' categories will make navigation far easier.
As set in my ways and resistant to change as i am, your new tweaks have greatly improved the compilopedia, (as if i didn't already spend waaay too much time poring over it!).
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Yes! Love the pictures added. It's more fun and more appealing then just a link. It's like digging in some recordcrates now and let the cover attract you so see what's on the back.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Glad you liked too. When fiddling with this I also realised it's that time of the decade where I'll need to do another update to the design of the whole page, but more on that later & elsewhere...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The images and search filter definitely make it easier to navigate if looking for a specific item. Although I would have preferred a hybrid with images while still in an alphabetical list when searching for something new rather then a giant wall of pictures.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN, i wondered if you'd considered adding a section for comps that have no Metallic content?
Not meaning that you should expand the scope of the compilopedia to include all comps obviously, that would take forever & is well outside the site's remit. However, it occured to me that you, Keir & other contributors must have bought, borrowed or stolen many a comp hoping/expecting some Metallic or at least Hard Rock content only to find New Wave, Reggae or Psychobilly, so it could be a great help to felow diggers to have these 'false lead' records flagged up in order to save them from making the same mistake.
Maybe just a separate thread on the forum is called for rather than an actual addition the the compilopedia, but such a list would certainly be a go-to starting point for Metal minded comp diggers who stumble across a record not already listed in the databse.
And of course it would be entirely fair if you sold your copies of these Metal-free comps on before adding their names to the prospective 'beware' list and devaluing them.
:lol:
Just an idea.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

bigfootkit wrote:DaN, i wondered if you'd considered adding a section for comps that have no Metallic content?
Not meaning that you should expand the scope of the compilopedia to include all comps obviously, that would take forever & is well outside the site's remit. However, it occured to me that you, Keir & other contributors must have bought, borrowed or stolen many a comp hoping/expecting some Metallic or at least Hard Rock content only to find New Wave, Reggae or Psychobilly, so it could be a great help to felow diggers to have these 'false lead' records flagged up in order to save them from making the same mistake.
Maybe just a separate thread on the forum is called for rather than an actual addition the the compilopedia, but such a list would certainly be a go-to starting point for Metal minded comp diggers who stumble across a record not already listed in the databse.
And of course it would be entirely fair if you sold your copies of these Metal-free comps on before adding their names to the prospective 'beware' list and devaluing them.
:lol:
Just an idea.
They could easily be added to the "not metal" thread.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

@kit: been thinking about this for a long time. I just haven't figured out what form this list would take. Maybe just a plain text list added at the bottom of the page would be the easiest solution. Currently I have a lot of different site projects running at the same time, so even such a relatively simple one like this might have to wait...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

4 Belgian obscurities added together with the latest Belgian zine update. For the moment I'm not aware of any other Belgian local obscurities to add, so all tips are welcomed.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

[youtube]1Bs40PStnaM[/youtube]

Undoubtedly the best contribution on this last lot. Cheers to Sander for the recommendation!

...and yes, there will be comps of most of the material from these last year's Local Comp-Mania.
DaN
Administructor

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post by DaN »

4 French locals added.. Haven't had too many of those before. Rips on request :)
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Would care for Stalker and Mutha Corpse. Thanks again !
Knowledge Is Power
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

rumblefist wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:12 am Would care for Stalker and Mutha Corpse. Thanks again !
The week after this one = this and plenty more :)
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

DaN wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:59 pm
rumblefist wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:12 am Would care for Stalker and Mutha Corpse. Thanks again !
The week after this one = this and plenty more :)
Of course, Dan.

Thank You !
Knowledge Is Power
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

6 more German comps (mostly mixed ones) added. Next week I'm planning to catch up on the ripping of the mixed/local Germans archive, so let me know if there's something you're extra interested in hearing.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

DaN wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:42 pm 6 more German comps (mostly mixed ones) added. Next week I'm planning to catch up on the ripping of the mixed/local Germans archive, so let me know if there's something you're extra interested in hearing.
Thanks a lot again Dan for offering.
Will try to stay focus and objective to request the lesser possible.
What i wish from the ones i don't know (i just know around 30% of the Hard/Heavy/Metal tracks featured on these Compilations)...

Here's then the list then of the stuff i wish:
- 2 trax - HEMLOCK - Celler Rockmusik Initiative LP 1988
- 2 trax - DYNASTY - Celler Rockmusik Initiative e.V. "2" LP 1989
- 1 track - WILD AXIS - Dem Nachwuchs Eine Chance! LP 1982
- 1 track - AMOREEN - Mayence Rock '89 LP 1989
- 1 track - AVALON - NMS-Splitter LP 1987
- 2 trax - BLACK JACK Co. - Onsabrücker RockBum Nr. 1 LP 1985?

I'm sure this stuff will get you good mood while ripping and will be the right background for some yoga exercise. :D

Thank You again. Not often anymore on the web your type of offerings concerning rare vinyl.
Knowledge Is Power