The Metal Compilopedia

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Dan i PMed you about sending you mp3s and photos but no reply did it ever get to you? please PM me an email address or an MSN address so i can send you stuff,as i cannot use winrar or winzip to upload due to some weird virus on my windows registry and files have to be sent separately
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
DMR

Post by DMR »

The description of Venom's Black Metal from Metal Inferno says "Have you laid down your swords to the gods rock'n'roll lately?" Presumably you meant "souls" instead of "swords?"

Running Wild's tracks from Death Metal were included on the reissue of Masquerade, and Helloween's tracks are on the 2CD reissue of Walls of Jericho.

Death of the Sun from the first Metal Massacre is on the Cirith Ungol collection Servants of Chaos.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

DMR wrote:The description of Venom's Black Metal from Metal Inferno says "Have you laid down your swords to the gods rock'n'roll lately?" Presumably you meant "souls" instead of "swords?"
:lol: :oops:
Funny how you still have these lyrical misconceptions stuck in your head. You are right of course. Will fix & update all that info tomorrow, thanx.

Kyr: I've been out of town all weekend. PM'ing you in a minute...
Rock Beast

ROCK HUSET- Start the party with a BANG!

Post by Rock Beast »

Heres a Swedish comp LP in my hands that I didnt find in the "The Great Olde Metal Complilation Encyclopedia":

Its called "ROCK HUSET- Start the party with a BANG! eller: Det finns inga isbjörnar i Östersund". Released in 1986. Dont really know weather its of big intrest (probably is), but there are at least two decent Heavy Rock act on it.
So, for those who are interested:

Label: Rockhuset, TBV, LT (Im a bit confused here)
Info: All swedish acts, from Östersund. The LP includes lyric-sheet & vinyl-sleeve with member-info and band pictures.

A-SIDE:

1. DICK PULVER- Vindar
Lame laidback funky stuff.

2. CLUBLAND- All den tid
Galopping pop in Swedish.

3. VÄSEN- I mörkret
Bluesy pop with woman vocals.

4. RÖDA TORGET- Wosa
Industrial rock with a touch of Swedish band Imperiet. I kinda like this.

5. MOZART AND THE HIGHGUYS- Allt som var
Cheesy keyboard-based love pop.

6. QUEST- Nuclear Attack
A great mystical Heavy Metal anthem with dangerous riffing and great arrangements. Sounds quite Iron Maiden-1984 inspired. Ending it all with one of the lamest bomb samples ive heard, haha. Obviously the peak of the LP.

B-SIDE:

1. FRITT FALL- All my soul
Boogie-blues with organ. Lacks lot of blues because of the cheesy 80s production, just like the later ZZ TOP albums did...

2. ZARA SORG- 2 människor
Really lame 80s love song.

3. SWIM IN TULIPS- Vem kunde veta
Some 80s indie pop/rock of some sort. I feel nothing.

4. SUNSHINE- Tears in my eyes
Funky, happy, cheesy, pink, lame, terrible vocals.

5. SIRENS- (Youre a) looser
Finally! A good opening Heavy Rock riff. I really like the song as a whole. It suffers a bit from the quite stiff vocals though. But the riffs are fucking great! Dark, cloudy and alot of heavy energies. And it includes a Kimmo Kuusniemi-sounding guitar solo, which always is a plus.

6. GODS AND HEROES- No hero
Fuck, I hate whatever gods or heroes that created the keyboard..

----

Anyway, maybe I can upload some photos of the LP or something if anyone is interested.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

This is relevant to my interests :D
Sleeve photos + rip? Or borrow the bloody thing at the nearest convenience?
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

DaN wrote:This is relevant to my interests :D
Sleeve photos + rip? Or borrow the bloody thing at the nearest convenience?
Yeah, I thought so, hehe.
I will upload some decent photos later tonight, until I find any better way to get them into the computer. And since my technical abilities are fairly (scratch the word "fairly", haha) limited, the rip will wait till later on. But with some help from my brother or something, that would be no bigger problem.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

If you're going to the Solnahallen record fair on the 28-29 of november, maybe you could lend it to me?
daniel

Post by daniel »

I could do California Metal I + II + 'California's Best Metal' if you want?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

DaN wrote:If you're going to the Solnahallen record fair on the 28-29 of november, maybe you could lend it to me?
Well, according to my plans I will see SONIC RITUAL perform later that night (28th). So maybe i'll pass by the record fair. But we'll see, since im quite short on cash. Ill keep you updated here on further information on that.

Anyway, due to some irritating computer errors of some sort, I couldnt get my mobile-camera pictures of the LP into the computer. But I will post them here in a few days.
Keir

Post by Keir »

daniel wrote:I could do California Metal I + II + 'California's Best Metal' if you want?
California's Best Metal is done and waiting to be added. California Metal (the Regency one) is on my to do list, but I don't mind if you really want to do it. :) I think Dan was working on Volume II.
daniel

Post by daniel »

No problem, you guys do it :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yes, I'm working on CM2 at the moment.

@daniel: I'm looking for the following Finnish mixed albums:

Me Teimme Sen Taas LP 1990
Suomi Rock 1 LP 83
Suomi Rock 2 LP 83
Uusi Musa LP 83

Let me know if you have any of them or if they turn up over there...
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

Dan, here are some photos of the LP until later. Sorry for the poor quality but I guess youll have a closer look on the the 28th..

Guess I need to update myself here. The SIRENS song is a real grower, people. This one is among the darkest Heavy Metal hymns ive heard from Sweden. I need to make a rip of this one.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Got this too (Rockhuset), but didn't find anything special there at first visit. Reading this, I guess I should dive into it's contents tonight for a second try...