The Metal Compilopedia

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

GJ wrote:Got this too (Rockhuset), but didn't find anything special there at first visit. Reading this, I guess I should dive into it's contents tonight for a second try...
Yes, I was quite critical at frist. But the QUEST and specially the SIRENS songs are good, I think. If one looks away a bit from the slightly weak vocals of SIRENS, the riffs are fucking great.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cheers Pelle. I've been hunting local Swedish comps for years but never seen this one before. Looking forward to hear it.

Btw, some new updates.
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

DaN wrote:Cheers Pelle. I've been hunting local Swedish comps for years but never seen this one before. Looking forward to hear it.

Btw, some new updates.
Yes, if everything goes as planned we'll meet up at the record fair then!?

Anyway, concerning all of them new comps. Stuff like TUBLATANKA & THE QUEST sounds interesting.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Both Rockovy Maraton LPs can be downloaded here:
http://music80s.goodforum.net/cz-sk-ees ... -t4076.htm

A funny little anecdote, only of interest to the Swedes I guess, if at all..
When recently visiting a record fair some old geezer filled me in with some info concerning the Rock 82 Vetlanda-comp - see info field. (yes, that's her on the picture..)
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

DaN wrote:Both Rockovy Maraton LPs can be downloaded here:
http://music80s.goodforum.net/cz-sk-ees ... -t4076.htm

A funny little anecdote, only of interest to the Swedes I guess, if at all..
When recently visiting a record fair some old geezer filled me in with some info concerning the Rock 82 Vetlanda-comp - see info field. (yes, that's her on the picture..)
Thank you.

Haha, the good old days. Drinking beers and ending up in the back of the youth center, making out with the bass-player of GREENSLEEVES.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A few new ones - including 1 really great new discovery of mine!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Holy crap :shock: I didn't noticed this section before :oops: Great, Great, Great work as always.
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I have checked the page once, I'll read it when I have some time enough, congrats to both Dan & Keir, it must have been an enormous amount of work !

How many comps do you plan to review ?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:How many comps do you plan to review ?
We'll keep going until they run out or we get tired of looking for them, whatever comes first. With the inclusion of 'mixed comps' I guess the first option isn't an option.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote:
omen of hate wrote:How many comps do you plan to review ?
We'll keep going until they run out or we get tired of looking for them, whatever comes first. With the inclusion of 'mixed comps' I guess the first option isn't an option.
Wow ! It seems to be an endless quest then ...
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

I didn't knew Descarga Norte was THAT rare. One of my favorite spanish albums, a must get!!!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Chafe wrote:I didn't knew Descarga Norte was THAT rare.
I don't know much about that myself. I took a chance w/ 4 shovels because I had never heard about this album until a few weeks ago, and later saw a few high price tags on the web. Maybe it's more like a 3?
One of my favorite spanish albums, a must get!!!!
Agreed. If anyone wanna check it out, it can be downloaded from this blog: http://descargandorabia.blogspot.com/20 ... torio.html
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

DaN wrote:
Chafe wrote:I didn't knew Descarga Norte was THAT rare.
I don't know much about that myself. I took a chance w/ 4 shovels because I had never heard about this album until a few weeks ago, and later saw a few high price tags on the web. Maybe it's more like a 3?
6 or 7 years ago i saw in a clearance sale in Madrid about 20 copies of it for 3.- Euros piece ! I've buyed 4 or 5, nobody was interrested to buy so i offered them for free to some people. I saw it also on several lists in the last years for 20.- or less Euros, so i think a 3 is the max.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Thanx for the input. Changed it. Let me know if you see any other ratings that seem a bit off.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Continuing about Descarga Norte. Do anyone have more material of BO2 or UTM???, I haven't been able to find any of those.

The Caid Deceit demo is great, the sound quality is not the same as the comp. but anyway.
About Estigia, their first demo is in the same vein (a little bit slower), and the 89 demo and later LP are more Thrash-oriented (different from the first demo and comp.), and the 94 EP I haven't listened.
And finally, concerning about Rock D.A.M., the stuff they presented in the compilation is BY FAR their best. The two albums that they released are kinda average hardrockingmetal stuff, haven't listened to them in a while.

If anyone is interested in anything of those band I can upload it.