Metal Labels Index 4.0

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
hload

Post by hload »

black dragon released and some cds with the contribution of the greek metal hammer also.....a compo and manilla road-live by the sword, the very best of manilla road, BD MH 002
tomas

Post by tomas »

I found a mistake:
Heavy Metal Records release 8: it says Stanic Rites instead of SAtanic Rites.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

tomas wrote:I found a mistake:
Heavy Metal Records release 8: it says Stanic Rites instead of SAtanic Rites.
It's the "corroseumism". I remember, in another thread we "were" At War With Stan. quite sympathetic mistake, actually, which I'd appreciate to remain. 8)
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

That's exactly what I had in mind. Even back then.
I am ... the One you warned me of
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

MINOTAURO
STIGMA REA are quite heavy ! I would not call it Metal but it's progressive Hard/Heavy Rock. There are parts i would call just Rock, but there are also some dark and heavy parts ! The italian Singing makes it a bit weak by times, At least it's more Metal than ELEKTRADRIVE's Due or CAPPANERA !
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

To be honest i don't think a Metal label database is a cool idea.Personally i am not interested to know the label who released some record.Usually i prefer other things/infos about a band.

I expected some kind of discovering forgotten bands or some kind of special in some weird/particular thing but sadly this will not happen.

Anyway there were some sites covering these issue.To improve it by adding more unmentioned crap in labels catalogue doesn't make sense at least to me.

Sorry for my criticism but i thought i'd better tell my opinion even if noone else had a different opinion.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

DaN wrote:Image
Actually, when I read Stan I think about this
Keir

Post by Keir »

I can't personally confirm these, but I got them from another list:

N 0068 Voivod Killing Technology MC (with bonus track "Cockroaches")
N 0076 Coroner R.I.P. MC
N 0082 Deathrow Raging Steel MC
N 0090 M.O.D. USA for M.O.D. MC
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fucking Åmål wrote:To be honest i don't think a Metal label database is a cool idea.Personally i am not interested to know the label who released some record.Usually i prefer other things/infos about a band.

I expected some kind of discovering forgotten bands or some kind of special in some weird/particular thing but sadly this will not happen.

Anyway there were some sites covering these issue.To improve it by adding more unmentioned crap in labels catalogue doesn't make sense at least to me.

Sorry for my criticism but i thought i'd better tell my opinion even if noone else had a different opinion.
Pages with lots of Metal records on them are always cool, whatever the subject.

On a more serious note, it's hard to create something with unique content on ze interwebb these days, but to my knowledge there's no (active) site out there with an ambition to catalogue old Metal labels. Raoul's and Roman's sites were the best ones and now that I've gotten the opportunity to use both sites to create an even better one I'm more than happy to do so.

I'd like to think there's more than just "collector nerdery" behind it. Browsing those pages you get quite an interesting insight into the Metal record biz at the time, how some labels changed their focus during different periods, trying out "different things" - both good and bad. See it as a lesson in music history!

...and there's always someone out there with a total obsession for this or that obscure label (or cult labels in general) so who but The Corroseum should provide the info?

hload wrote:black dragon released and some cds with the contribution of the greek metal hammer also.....a compo and manilla road-live by the sword, the very best of manilla road, BD MH 002
Thanx. Do you have more info on the compilation, like which bands were featured? Year of release? Index#? Even a picture maybe?

@tbieri: Cheers. Stigma Rea sounds interesting. Worth an upload maybe?

@Keir: Thanx again. I figure a lot of those missing Noise titles would be tape- and CD releases. Let me know if you find more of them.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote: Just added New Renaissance Records. I could use some help w/ stuff like tape bonus tracks, colored vinyls, CD releases, a few holes etc.. if anyone's in the know...
I have an INDESTROY CD with both "Indestroy" Lp and "Senseless Theories" Ep on it, I think it was released in 1989 or 1990. I'll check this evening at home.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Wow, three more labels. You're unstoppable!

What do you think of adding Metal Minded? I know it was only 2 singles but if nothing else they should be added as a footnote to the Neat Records page.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Devil's Records
I've found something about the ROZZ-7"
Look here :
http://bp3.blogger.com/_4MYq6kKiIIM/R2f ... zz45tA.jpg
Lebelnumber is MAD 08 !

VOIE DE FAIT was initially released 1982 on Arabella !
And it should ABSOLUTELY have the "The Corroseum Reccomends" Sticker !
Last edited by tbieri on Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Metalmaster Records
Dragon - Hore of Gog
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've found some New Renaissance releases that were distributed in Europe through SPV in 1989 :

STEEL FURY - Lesser of Two Evils LP 08-9801 (03/1989)
CD 85-9803 (03/1989)

THE UNSANE - Inverted Crosses EP 60-9800 (03/1989)

INDESTROY - Senseless Theories EP 60-9802 (04/1989)

INDESTROY - Senseless Theories/First album CD 85-9804 (04/1989)

AMULANCE - Feel the Pain LP 08-9805 (04/1989)
CD 85-9806 (04/1989)

INTENSE MUTILATION - Safe Sex LP 08-9807 (04/1989)
CD 85-9808 (04/1989)