707 Inches Of Swedish Steel

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Great article or what you call it! Not much to extend it with! Nothing that I know about anyway...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Great job again DaN! Killer article. Just fill it up every time you discover a unknown swedish metal-sweetie. :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

Most reviews I've read on this site so far were all from that massive article. Very commendable! I obviously don't agree with you on all of them - Victim for example. Lousy record in my book. Also a bit more negative on a few other ones, Gotham City etc. but nothing so major. I do have a bit of a technical criticism though - it would look much better if all covers were next to their review. A table?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I intentionally designed it a bit 'loose' and didn't want to overstructure it, just to make it a bit different from the regular review pages. I put the covers in one big column more for decoration really. Thought it would be easy to connect the dots anyway, so..
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

Your choice of course. Just thought it'd look better that way.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Corimngul wrote:Victim for example. Lousy record in my book.
I can't agree at all with Victim.Their single is very very good straight/down-to-earth metal like and personally it reminds me exactly nothing.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

ION BRITTON wrote: Well, i think it was Sabbath bloody Sabbath's vocal lines that had been the *ahem* influence.
This may sound a little bit weird but I can hear a lot of HANOI ROCKS in the chorus vocal melodies! I always think of "Don't Follow Me" when listening to Sergeant - Doubt

Edit. And Dawnwatcher vocalist reminds me of Duran Duran's singer :lol: but please don't butcher me folks, I have nothing against Dawnwatcher!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

ION BRITTON wrote:

6) The Wildness 7'' is excellent IMO. 1st song is more speedy and metallic, but Dreams is also a great melodic melancholic tune and it's still metal. 4/5 for this one.
r.
The Wildness single is very good indeed (you might figure out that I think so by watching my avatar;))
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

JonahQuizz wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

6) The Wildness 7'' is excellent IMO. 1st song is more speedy and metallic, but Dreams is also a great melodic melancholic tune and it's still metal. 4/5 for this one.
r.
The Wildness single is very good indeed (you might figure out that I think so by watching my avatar;))
Cheers dude! :D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Bourreau

Post by Bourreau »

Great review of the onyx EP, you practically took the letters from my fingers, so to speak :P
Bourreau

Post by Bourreau »

By the way, has anyone heard anything from onyx '83 demo? And in that case, would you recommend it?
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Yes, it's absolutely a killer demo.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

VIVALDI GROUP - Run Away 7" (1986 Platina Records)

Im not sure if this is Metal or just 80s Swedish Hard Rock,but did not found this band on 101 Article nor on Rejected List.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

There is a couple more platina rec. singles that's not on that list. ARENA 7'' Breaking Loose is a cool HM one.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

Great job DaN;
this article is really great; I'm searching a lot of these and some are very difficult. Also I found many of these and some are really great records: Onyx, Zone Zero, NJB, 220 volt, Silver Mountain, Treasure, Sacrifice, Sergeant, Ambush, Spitfire, Faith, Airborne, Shakespeare, warning Scratch and others. Was a difficult search but are great records.