Specials Wanted

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Fucking Åmål

Specials Wanted

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Dan can you make an extensive Special about the Swedish singles 80-89
or generally about swedish metal it is more interesting than the Swedish compilations you just made.So since the Swedish metal from the past website is since long time to be updated a swedish special or better a site is more than necessary.SNALLA DAN. :cry:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

he he...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I think a second special(let say an idea) it will be the old Norwegian 80´s metal that is pretty unknown because of some reasons(example.Black Metal) i really don´t know much except the website www.rockofnorway.com which represents only i think the soft hard rock mainly forgetting other bands...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've been toying w/ the idea of doing a 28 Inches Of Danish Steel and 42 Inches Of Norwegian Steel just to bully our neighboors for their few releases, he he..

I'll leave Finland to Janne/Pentagrammophone and his Isten's Guide...

I DO have an idea for a new special that I'll start working on as soon as my lazy ass have finished the dozen half-finished reviews laying around. We're talking about a fucking DEEP dive into Metal obscurity here.

I'm doing a lot of travelling (job & apartment-related) at the moment, hence the calm in the "News"-dept. :?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:I've been toying w/ the idea of doing a 28 Inches Of Danish Steel and 42 Inches Of Norwegian Steel just to bully our neighboors for their few releases, he he..

I'll leave Finland to Janne/Pentagrammophone and his Isten's Guide...

I DO have an idea for a new special that I'll start working on as soon as my lazy ass have finished the dozen half-finished reviews laying around. We're talking about a fucking DEEP dive into Metal obscurity here.

I'm doing a lot of travelling (job & apartment-related) at the moment, hence the calm in the "News"-dept. :?
I have of corpse the Finnish Isten´s Encyclopaedia in my computer but does Isten updates its 80´s bands?
The danish metal is so fucking superb even if they had few...releases.
What about Norway´s i have some perfect bands for ex.TNT,WITCHHAMMER and some black metal bands but other bands really count?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The best Norwegian 80's release I've heard is the "Norway Rocks" compilation from '88. A private local comp featuring 4 bands (all metal) ranging from Great to Godly. Update your wantlists NOW!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yes i´ve seen it again you to mention that, what bands were on this compilation?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ANESTHESIA (Amazing Power/Speed! Best NO-Metal I've heard), THUNDERDOME (more of the same), MANITUO, SHELLSHOCK and GET LOST.

No other releases of these bands are known.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Before other specials i think some REVIEWS will be just fine what you think?
Also some not so unknown bands in the reviews will be OK.I am still WAITING for the backcovers of the 707 Swedish Steel what about them?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I try to pick albums of a varied degree of rarity, a little something for everyone, but it's always more interresting to write about an album that noone's written about before.

About those back covers, that will probably take weeks (possibly a month or 2) before I'm sitting down to collect them all. Some are on different computers, some haven't been scanned. First and foremost I'm trying to find time to sit down and finish some reviews.