Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post by Prowler »

Odder7 wrote:Dude, $120 for Hammerwitch "return to Salem"?!?! I'd do that all day every day and I own a copy! That ep shreds! What I'm not looking for are any Rolling Stones records, test pressings or otherwise! :wink: :wink: :wink: That dude got a great deal on a classic IMO. I for one am jealous--again, that record SHREDS. It's the 'exile on main street' of Texas private press metal records--and they are originally from Louisiana!!!
Pff ... do you really think I kept the Rolling Stones testpress for myself? Just end the thought ... bought for 5,50 E and sold for ... nah ... :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Zombie Dance wrote:Been quite a while since I've seen this kind of stupidity...
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/13-x-LLN-De ... Swx-9Wwip6
That much for bootleg cassette copies?
There are tons of them up on ebay each day. I wonder that people didn't recognize that. Also lots of classic Thrash/Death Metal demos from the late 80's ... it's quite dangerous nowadays to buy "original demos" of famous bands unless you exactly know how the booklet and tapes looked like.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Prowler wrote:it's quite dangerous nowadays to buy "original demos" of famous bands unless you exactly know how the booklet and tapes looked like.
Been aware of that for a while. Darryl CMFT sold me dubious dubs of Anarchus & Nuctemeron demos on there some years ago.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Prowler wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Zombie Dance wrote:Been quite a while since I've seen this kind of stupidity...
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/13-x-LLN-De ... Swx-9Wwip6
That much for bootleg cassette copies?
it's quite dangerous nowadays to buy "original demos" of famous bands unless you exactly know how the booklet and tapes looked like.
What's puzzling me is that those are well known bootlegs, advertised in the ebay auction as bootlegs, basically mp3 available evrywhere put on tape. And people are not only buying it, but paying an insane amount for it...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Zombie Dance wrote: What's puzzling me is that those are well known bootlegs, advertised in the ebay auction as bootlegs, basically mp3 available evrywhere put on tape. And people are not only buying it, but paying an insane amount for it...
Right, but some guys also do list them without further description so that people who don't know the original tapes might think they are the original demos. I'm always carefully when a seller has lots of demos for sale and all of them are on black or white tapes. It's a fucking business nowadays ... and they seem to earn a lot money with every shit they do bootleg as even the vinyl bootleg flood doesn't stop. Therefore I do not upload any demos stuff anymore to the www. It seems to me they're just waiting for the next obscure demo rip just in fact to press it on vinyl. Just this week I've seen a new record, my first impression: NO! They've bootlegged this too???
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

did anyone figure out how much the courage - gold n ivory LP posted for 750 E BIN went for? it ended early. or is the guilty party here? :D
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

MassOfKthulu wrote:did anyone figure out how much the courage - gold n ivory LP posted for 750 E BIN went for? it ended early. or is the guilty party here? :D
I contacted the seller earlier, waiting to hear back on the price. He confirmed it was sold though. I need that damn record.
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Does anyone have info on the $8,300 Paradoxx EP??? EBay lists it as "sold" but I'm having trouble believing it.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

johnnysteel wrote:Does anyone have info on the $8,300 Paradoxx EP??? EBay lists it as "sold" but I'm having trouble believing it.
Only that the winner had a feedback score of 15. It was indeed sold for that price, but it might as well have been an associate of the seller trying to inflate the market price.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I can't believe it ... lol ... it got just posted yesterday (I think) and I thought he can wait forever to find an idiot paying that money ... :wink:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Khnud wrote:it might as well have been an associate of the seller trying to inflate the market price.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
humus

Post by humus »

Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Some sellers apparently think their potential customers are so stupid that they can't even googlesearch:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6722454?ev=rb

That compilation is still available directly from the label:

http://www.afterlifeprod.bigcartel.com/ ... os-box-2mc