Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Found It Thanks
"I am NOT a collector"
mordred

Post by mordred »

You go to some other ebay page than .com, I use .co.uk since it's in English, and tick the worldwide box when searching for something. This cannot be done at ebay.com which searches only itself and not other ebay pages, as far as I understand anyway.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

An item listed at ebay.com (regardless where the seller's from) will be visible on all other ebay sites, provided you tick the box "worldwide" when searching on one of those sites.

An item listed at ebay.de (regardless where the seller's from) will be visible at ebay.de and ebay.co.uk and ebay.fr etc, provided you tick the box "worldwide" when searching. But not on ebay.com.

ebay.com is the only ebay site that doesn't always have a worldwide search function. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It's really weird. Right now it's there, at least for me:

Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Thank You
"I am NOT a collector"
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Thank You
"I am NOT a collector"
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

One more thing, if you know you are searching for a special german record you don't need to visit ebay.Malaysia. You just go to ebay.de and buy the record for 2 Euros ... :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Prowler wrote:One more thing, if you know you are searching for a special german record you don't need to visit ebay.Malaysia. You just go to ebay.de and buy the record for 2 Euros ... :wink:
The problem is everyone is not as smart as you.
I would say MOST folks in the USA dont even know there are differant Ebays.

I asked 3 record dealers this morning who sell on ebay here in the USA wekkly and they had No Idea what I was talking about and had to show them.

Some of these buyer look at it like this (I know it is hard ro believe but its true)

They see a good seller list a record, They've never heard of it before, It has a clip and they like it, So they Bid. No Rearch No looking at other Ebays - Gemm - Musicstack - Discog, JUST BID ON THE ONE IN FRONT OF THEM
"I am NOT a collector"
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

You want to see some Crazy stuff take a look through here

http://www.binfrenzy.com/

Some Good low prices and some CRAZY high stuff THAT SOLD BUY IT NOW.
"I am NOT a collector"
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Glockose wrote:
The problem is everyone is not as smart as you.
That is OF COURSE right! :wink:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

mordred wrote:...This cannot be done at ebay.com which searches only itself and not other ebay pages, as far as I understand anyway.
That's not true. You can do worldwide serch on ebay.com, all you have to do is click on "advanced search" then scroll down to "Location" and then select

"Only show items From preferred locations," and select "Worldwide" from the pull-down menu.

By default the pull-down is set at "ebay.com" so unless you go to advanced search options and change it, you will only see items listed at ebay.com, naturally.

Hope this helps and will save the hassle of people perusing wrong ebay sites for nothing ;)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

3 sealed copies of Graven Image for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-METAL-Grav ... 1e8a810c1a
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I want to have such a luck too, finding 3 (not just 1, three!) sealed Graven Image EP's ... :!:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

It kind of depends how much the seller paid for them, but I'm guessing it was nowhere near current market value.

Nice though to see it's still possible to score great finds out there! Man, I really want to go digging soon.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote: Nice though to see it's still possible to score great finds out there! Man, I really want to go digging soon.
Two quick follow-up comments:

1- There will always be some great finds out there, but one cannot expect them to turn up every day. If they turned up frequently, they wouldn't be great finds in the first place.

2- Everyone who buys a lot of records will make a great find from time to time, but no one gets to buy every rare, valuable record at a 'great find' price. If a person refuses to buy a record unless it's at an amazingly low price, then that person should accept the fact that they will never own a lot of the records they want.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky