"Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
User avatar
martinsane
Posts: 88

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#316 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Here are some others. Obviously not all are "metal" but I dig them.
Image

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6244
Contact:

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#317 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:10 am

The Knell wrote:8"
Image
How's that Prowler/Yoke Of Steel? Always been curious to hear it...

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#318 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:35 am

DaN wrote:
The Knell wrote:8"
Image
How's that Prowler/Yoke Of Steel? Always been curious to hear it...
The Prowler side is pretty cool standard heavy metal, but the YoS side is magic. Their quirky, otherworldly weirdness remind me quite a bit of The Crisis from Nepal so I could imagine you'd like it a lot!
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
Cyrcka
Posts: 951
Contact:

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#319 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:59 pm

some tapes
010.JPG
010.JPG (66.33 KiB) Viewed 3471 times

User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6051
Contact:

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#320 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:23 pm

^^^ At first I thought the tape at the bottom right was by a band named Bungler.
Unfunny signature.

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#321 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Image

Morbid Angel on grey marble (10 copies), Magus on clear burgundy/brown (2 copies)
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#322 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Are you sure with the Magus???
Because a friend of mine has this color version too ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#323 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Prowler wrote:Are you sure with the Magus???
Because a friend of mine has this color version too ...
Does he still have it? Because I got it from a german seller (tiermes) on ebay maybe a year ago.

If that's not him, that would be the second copy I've ever heard of/seen. I don't have genuine info (ie. from Torched/Gothic Records) on if there were actually only 2 copies made-It seems a bit dodgy tbh but then again it is known that labels like Relapse or Seraphic Decay f.ex. used to make some "secret" micro vinyl color presses of their releases. Regardless of that it is really rare so I can imagine that, if not exactly 2 copies, there are at least not many on this color existing.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#324 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:36 am

Don't know, I haven't seen him for ages.
But I think all copies I've seen of the Magus single (I'm still searching for my own cheap copy) had this color. And all my Relapse singles are basically pressed in a special color. I can't remember that I have a single Relapse 7" in black vinyl. But I'm too lazy to search thru all shelves ...
A 2 copy edition would be either an expensive affair ... I remember when I asked in the pressing plant for several vinyl colors, they said each extra color would cost 50 E, by the 2 extra vinyl colours I wanted that would have been alone 100 E just for the change.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#325 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Prowler wrote:Don't know, I haven't seen him for ages.
But I think all copies I've seen of the Magus single (I'm still searching for my own cheap copy) had this color. And all my Relapse singles are basically pressed in a special color. I can't remember that I have a single Relapse 7" in black vinyl. But I'm too lazy to search thru all shelves ...
A 2 copy edition would be either an expensive affair ... I remember when I asked in the pressing plant for several vinyl colors, they said each extra color would cost 50 E, by the 2 extra vinyl colours I wanted that would have been alone 100 E just for the change.
No, this was released on green, yellow & blue vinyl. As said, it's the only copy I've seen on brown/translucent red vinyl. If anyone has definite info about this version, I'd love to hear it, the unconfirmed 2 copies info is the only one I got. I know it sounds fishy, but again it's not the only micro color pressing I''ve heard of. Often these are just random results from leftover color between the individual color pressings and not specifically ordered from the pressing plants.

(Relapse released several black vinyl 7"EPs, like Rottrevore, Incantation or Repulsion f.ex.)
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#326 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:24 pm

The Knell wrote: Often these are just random results from leftover color between the individual color pressings and not specifically ordered from the pressing plants.

(Relapse released several black vinyl 7"EPs, like Rottrevore, Incantation or Repulsion f.ex.)
That could well be but no factory is doing such things for free. You know as it is in ANY factory, time is money and changing the masters isn't done within 3 seconds.
What could be a plausible explanation is that it is a kinda testpressing. But usually these don't have the label on it.
Are we the only ones into olde Death Metal here? More opinions please ...
I really don't want to contact my old pal again. He's a stupido ... drunk all the time. :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#327 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Prowler wrote:
The Knell wrote: Often these are just random results from leftover color between the individual color pressings and not specifically ordered from the pressing plants.

(Relapse released several black vinyl 7"EPs, like Rottrevore, Incantation or Repulsion f.ex.)
That could well be but no factory is doing such things for free. You know as it is in ANY factory, time is money and changing the masters isn't done within 3 seconds.
What could be a plausible explanation is that it is a kinda testpressing. But usually these don't have the label on it.
Are we the only ones into olde Death Metal here? More opinions please ...
I really don't want to contact my old pal again. He's a stupido ... drunk all the time. :!:
I know color mixups happen more frequently with multiple color pressings of the same recording and sometimes they're given away by the labels to friends or the bands as special treats or whatever, not sold to the public. But all that is just speculation after all. If anyone got a contact to the former Torched / Gothic recs. dudes, I'd like to ask them about this thing for sure!
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1578

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#328 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Original Sarcofagus shirt from 1979. It was made in 20 copies back then and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the only surviving one.
Attachments
11081394_10153249022639248_1573253199_n.jpg
11081394_10153249022639248_1573253199_n.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#329 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Dirty Rocker wrote:Original Sarcofagus shirt from 1979. It was made in 20 copies back then and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the only surviving one.
That is so cool. I like the corny slogan :)

I really wonder how you dig up all this ultra limited 30+ year old merch from those bands...I'm not super into collecting shirts and such, but this and the Heavy Load tour jacket I would wear with pride :)
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
The Sentinel
Posts: 3494

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#330 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Wow, great shirt indeed!!
Long Live The Loud !!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron