"Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1582

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#271 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Image
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#272 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:56 pm

The crystal ball makes this pic "epic"! Unfortunately the Emerald LP spoils it. I find this one pretty boring. The only listenable track is the ballad and this is said by the ballad hater numero uno. :wink:
The other ones = yam yam!

Btw. I wonder why Salems Wych is considered "rare" ... tons of copies are being sold in the past months constantly. One could think they pressed another edition secretly ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#273 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Image
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
Priamos
Posts: 515

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#274 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Hey Prowler, you know, you busted our balls with Messiah!!! :P Only you and the members' mothers believe that this record is better than 6-7 out of 10 !! :lol: Emerald is a bit better (of course the dutch ones rule them all) and Salem's Wych far better than both. (ha,ha...I always wanted to use the "this is better than the other because I like it more" argument and it feels good!! :P :lol: )
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...

Manillaungol
Posts: 20

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#275 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:23 am

Priamos wrote:Hey Prowler, you know, you busted our balls with Messiah!!! :P Only you and the members' mothers believe that this record is better than 6-7 out of 10 !! :lol: Emerald is a bit better (of course the dutch ones rule them all) and Salem's Wych far better than both. (ha,ha...I always wanted to use the "this is better than the other because I like it more" argument and it feels good!! :P :lol: )
I was honestly baffled with I read the Salem's Wych criticism, the track Never Ending Battle alone is better than 90% of the obscure stuff out there.

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1582

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#276 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:25 am

I really thought you would like the emerald for some reason. :-)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Cyrcka
Posts: 985
Contact:

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#277 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Prowler wrote: Btw. I wonder why Salems Wych is considered "rare" ... tons of copies are being sold in the past months constantly. One could think they pressed another edition secretly ...

No reissue or boot (as many people was saying). I ask Mark Gast about those copies, heres is answer:

""That is true I did sell a box many years ago to a guy that owned Atomic Records. They are all from the original 1000 pressed. It is not a bootleg they are the real deal. What happened is they found two full boxes at the WEA distribution center so they offered to sell them back to me. I wanted one for myself and the band members so we would have copies, and cold not afford both so I spoke to the guy at Atomic and he agreed to pay for them and give me a box. They are good people there two brothers . If not for them probably these records would have gotten tossed, so by all means spread the word they are the real deal. I actually live in that area and can say 100% you are getting a real 1986 pressing of the only 1000 LPs ever pressed.for Betrayer of Kings

Mark""

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#278 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Manillaungol wrote:
Priamos wrote:Hey Prowler, you know, you busted our balls with Messiah!!! :P Only you and the members' mothers believe that this record is better than 6-7 out of 10 !! :lol: Emerald is a bit better (of course the dutch ones rule them all) and Salem's Wych far better than both. (ha,ha...I always wanted to use the "this is better than the other because I like it more" argument and it feels good!! :P :lol: )
I was honestly baffled with I read the Salem's Wych criticism, the track Never Ending Battle alone is better than 90% of the obscure stuff out there.
Which Salem's Wych criticism?

E-m-e-r-a-l-d ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#279 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Priamos wrote:Hey Prowler, you know, you busted our balls with Messiah!!! :P Only you and the members' mothers believe that this record is better than 6-7 out of 10 !! :lol: Emerald is a bit better (of course the dutch ones rule them all) and Salem's Wych far better than both. (ha,ha...I always wanted to use the "this is better than the other because I like it more" argument and it feels good!! :P :lol: )
No way! There's hardly a private record in that price category that can competite Messiah's "Final warning".
I thought you love Epic Metal ... "my ears are better than yours" ... :lol:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

perishinflames
Posts: 1539

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#280 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm surprised SW still breaks $100 after all the copies atomic sold. I wonder how many they have left, probably a bunch.

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#281 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Yes, it's slightly about time for those who still want a copy. If those copies are sold the price will raise in the coming years again.
But those copies sell harder and harder for that recent price. In the beginning they outbid themselves ... now some 120 $ buy-now copies don't go that easy anymore.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
Khnud
Posts: 2320

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#282 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:30 pm

A while ago one of the copies listed by atomic records was advertised as being their last. The following week another one was listed...

And demand for SW is still high. A copy sold on Tradera (≈ Swedish ebay) fetched over $200 last year...
Laugh at you in ecstasy, wallow in the gore.
Blast you with their twisted minds, behold the Dogs Of War.

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1517

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#283 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:36 pm

I've also noticed that certain buyers do buy preferable or only at f.e. german ebay because they are afraid to order from outside their country or whatever is the reason. Even though they pay like 50 or more Euros extra for "rare/obscure" records that you can get from ebay.com much cheaper nowadays.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
The Sentinel
Posts: 3505

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#284 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:26 pm

That Emerald LP has some superb tracks. I wouldn´t mind owning a copy.
Long Live The Loud !!!

User avatar
Le fjump
Posts: 555

Re: "Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

Post#285 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:16 pm

The Sentinel wrote:That Emerald LP has some superb tracks. I wouldn´t mind owning a copy.
I´ll trade you my copy for your Gotham city 7" 8)
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest