"Collector Porn" - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2015)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
User avatar
Cyrcka
Posts: 986
Contact:

Post#31 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Prowler wrote:
Also what's the deal with Lester Maddox. It's soooo lame ... and sells for ... hundreds and hundreds $ each time ...

lame?? you don´t understand the spirit and feeling of that record, i love it! far better than 90% of all your aor/ crap stuff that u buy cheap :lol:

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1710

Post#32 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Well Prowler will always find something negative to write in response to a record photo regardless of how many and which records are in it. :wink: Lester Maddox is obivously a great record, but if somebody doesn't like it, fine.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1528

Post#33 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Cyrcka wrote:
Prowler wrote:
Also what's the deal with Lester Maddox. It's soooo lame ... and sells for ... hundreds and hundreds $ each time ...

lame?? you don´t understand the spirit and feeling of that record, i love it! far better than 90% of all your aor/ crap stuff that u buy cheap :lol:
How do you wanna know what I buy? Those few records I post here are perhaps 20-40 % of what I buy monthly.

And yeah exactly my thoughs Mordred, some nice records on the pics and then Lester Maddox and Pautina to spoil the whole bouquet! :lol:

Furthermore if there would be more honest sellers I wouldn't buy so many Hard Rock/AOR crap because it's mostly labelled as private Metal! :wink:
Still better than 100 Lester Maddox' or Liquid Earth's ... :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1710

Post#34 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Prowler wrote:...Pautina to spoil the whole bouquet! :lol:
There is no such record in any of the photos, I've never even heard of a band of that name until now :?:
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

User avatar
daniel
Posts: 1992

Post#35 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Prowler, perhaps you should see a therapist about bridging the gap between the extremes of your either utterly condescending attitude and that of your bragging.

Your posts aren't actually any worse than friends talking shit back and forth about records, everyone says this or that sucks etc. about lots of stuff, but you know, give it a rest with the constant price comparisons and always acting the authority on quality. There are records I have which I sometimes wonder why I bought, Salem's Wych is one actually; musically it's nothing special to me save for two tracks, but I don't bother trying to judge everyone else about it every time I see a photo of the record, because having a record obviously isn't just about every track being excellent, there are many factors which contribute to the charm, and sometimes we want things regardless of whether they are more objectively good or not. Lester Maddox: Wonderful cover art, that there is enough reason for anyone to want it, which is, as any comments on the music itself, purely subjective opinion, and people shouldn't even be scared of being open about their thoughts on these subjects, we don't have to constantly fear hurting other people's feelings, yet what we do need to learn in order to function in any social group, is to tone it down and moderate at times.

If as you say you are posting less than half the amount of records you actually buy each month, then you are very well off, whether you buy a lot of cheap things or not you have a lot of money to spend. People spend their money on whatever they want, and I personally, being unemployed at the moment, can't help but cringe at anyone trying to brag about how much money they have to spend - in fact, being unburdened by finances in the process of choosing which records to acquire, is fundamentally pretty "un-metal" to me :wink:
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.

User avatar
apollo.ra
Posts: 376

Post#36 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Wow! Great collection!!!!!! :shock:

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 153

Post#37 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Love your "dutch" picture :) nice collection, and also to Sentinel nice records :)

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2027

Post#38 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Mordred, Pautina is the last record in your last photo. edit: OOPS, I was mistaken, what record is that? It looks similar in design to Pautina but isn't...

Lets give more love for Lester Maddox, truly a classic album.
mordred wrote:
Prowler wrote:...Pautina to spoil the whole bouquet! :lol:
There is no such record in any of the photos, I've never even heard of a band of that name until now :?:
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1710

Post#39 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:47 am

doomedplanet wrote:Mordred, Pautina is the last record in your last photo. edit: OOPS, I was mistaken, what record is that? It looks similar in design to Pautina but isn't...
That's Raisky Ad "Opposition", Soviet record I believe from 1990. Very weird and "diverse" record with some shit tracks on it but also some amazing metal tracks, even a doom metal song.
You can listen and download the album here: http://metalrus.ru/groups/953. Check out the second and fourth tracks, they're the best.
Hans wrote:Love your "dutch" :) picture nice collection, and also to Sentinel nice records :)
Thanks! Duthc scene is one of my favorites for sure, perhaps beaten only by UK and Germany in Europe. Those great records in my photo coupled with the classics by Picture, Martyr and Angus is pretty amazing for a country of that size.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

User avatar
Cyrcka
Posts: 986
Contact:

Post#40 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Prowler wrote: Still better than 100 Lester Maddox' or Liquid Earth's ... :!:

so Liquid Earth is crap/ average for u?? wow i´m in shock :lol: its because of the price? because both tracks for me are killer. But if it was a 5 usd maybe would be a masterpiece for you ahahahahahahaaa

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1528

Post#41 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:23 pm

daniel wrote:Prowler, perhaps you should see a therapist about bridging the gap between the extremes of your either utterly condescending attitude and that of your bragging.

Your posts aren't actually any worse than friends talking shit back and forth about records, everyone says this or that sucks etc. about lots of stuff, but you know, give it a rest with the constant price comparisons and always acting the authority on quality. There are records I have which I sometimes wonder why I bought, Salem's Wych is one actually; musically it's nothing special to me save for two tracks, but I don't bother trying to judge everyone else about it every time I see a photo of the record, because having a record obviously isn't just about every track being excellent, there are many factors which contribute to the charm, and sometimes we want things regardless of whether they are more objectively good or not. Lester Maddox: Wonderful cover art, that there is enough reason for anyone to want it, which is, as any comments on the music itself, purely subjective opinion, and people shouldn't even be scared of being open about their thoughts on these subjects, we don't have to constantly fear hurting other people's feelings, yet what we do need to learn in order to function in any social group, is to tone it down and moderate at times.

If as you say you are posting less than half the amount of records you actually buy each month, then you are very well off, whether you buy a lot of cheap things or not you have a lot of money to spend. People spend their money on whatever they want, and I personally, being unemployed at the moment, can't help but cringe at anyone trying to brag about how much money they have to spend - in fact, being unburdened by finances in the process of choosing which records to acquire, is fundamentally pretty "un-metal" to me :wink:
Wait, you forgot that Cyrcka is mocking all the time about some of my AOR purchases (my money that I waste) so do I start I war with him? No, why should I? I like this, he likes that ... is it forbidden to say his opinion? I know that some people here do not dare to say their honest opinion because of reactions like this. They are afraid to get put into the outfield because they think that a record that costs 200 or more $$ is total crap. That's quite sad ...

@Cyrcka, even if I'd get a Liquid Earth for 5 $ (the problem is I the hell don't want it) I wouldn't like it. It's Metal played by bloody beginners. As a musician you hear things with different ears ...

@Mordred
Yep, sorry Doomedplanet is right, it's not Pautina (album "Zombie"). It looks a bit the same due to the eye and I haven't seen my LP since years, only saw the eye and that "Pau..." in the logo and associated it wrong. Shame on me, even the Antichrist isn't perfect!
:!: :twisted:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2027

Post#42 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:59 pm

No argument on that opinion, I have to say the same after checking it. Great cover of course but too weird for me to try to find a copy.
mordred wrote: That's Raisky Ad "Opposition", Soviet record I believe from 1990. Very weird and "diverse" record with some shit tracks on it but also some amazing metal tracks, even a doom metal song.
You can listen and download the album here: http://metalrus.ru/groups/953. Check out the second and fourth tracks, they're the best.
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.

User avatar
Cyrcka
Posts: 986
Contact:

Post#43 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Prowler wrote:
Wait, you forgot that Cyrcka is mocking all the time about some of my AOR purchases (my money that I waste) so do I start I war with him? No, why should I? I like this, he likes that ... is it forbidden to say his opinion? I know that some people here do not dare to say their honest opinion because of reactions like this. They are afraid to get put into the outfield because they think that a record that costs 200 or more $$ is total crap. That's quite sad ...

@Cyrcka, even if I'd get a Liquid Earth for 5 $ (the problem is I the hell don't want it) I wouldn't like it. It's Metal played by bloody beginners. As a musician you hear things with different ears ...
"played by bloody beginners" ... "As a musician you hear things with different ears ..." yes you´re right, and i do listen with different ears, BUT i really don´t care if it is playing by amateurs or the music is bloody perfection, what matters to me is if sounds good, and nothing more.

And by the way, no war hem? ahaahaha

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1582

Post#44 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Here's about 2/5 of my old obscure Swedish Heavy metal/melodic metal/hard rock 7'' single Collection. All originals.

Image
Image
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1528

Post#45 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm not jealous ... nonono :!: :shock:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests