Bootleg Warning Thread - LP (2013)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
mordred

Post by mordred »

OK, then my Exodo should be an original, unless it had been unsealed and the sticker removed (which I very well imagine some Spanish sellers could do to get more money). I mean, I've seen many Exodo records offered for sale as unplayed in the last two years but none of them sealed or with a sticker...

So is it the same story with Thor "Mata a la Bestia"? It was on the same label as Exodo.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

mordred wrote:OK, then my Exodo should be an original, unless it had been unsealed and the sticker removed (which I very well imagine some Spanish sellers could do to get more money). I mean, I've seen many Exodo records offered for sale as unplayed in the last two years but none of them sealed or with a sticker...

So is it the same story with Thor "Mata a la Bestia"? It was on the same label as Exodo.
I don't really know about Thor, but as far as Exodo goes, I think it's easy to tell whether the sleeve is that new one, the spine is "squared" as in newly pressed vinyls, something they didn't do back then, Anyhow, I think it's easy to tell. Also,, this one was repackaged much less than 2 years ago.
Never trust the Goblin King....
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

The vinyl THOR , is harder to find, as new copies are not sealed.
The company DISCOS SUICIDAS, discovered in his store about 100 copies of the vinyl originals, but without cover. The bought between 2 peoples, and they were ordered to do the same to the original covers. And they sell or sold unsealed and like the original period.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Trigger wrote:
mordred wrote:OK, then my Exodo should be an original, unless it had been unsealed and the sticker removed (which I very well imagine some Spanish sellers could do to get more money). I mean, I've seen many Exodo records offered for sale as unplayed in the last two years but none of them sealed or with a sticker...

I don't really know about Thor, but as far as Exodo goes, I think it's easy to tell whether the sleeve is that new one, the spine is "squared" as in newly pressed vinyls, something they didn't do back then, Anyhow, I think it's easy to tell. Also,, this one was repackaged much less than 2 years ago.
I don't really get what you mean by "squared". :) My Exodo has a pretty thick and wide spine which makes it easy to read the text. Is that what you mean?

I bought both Exodo and Thor from sellers that had several unplayed copies, from a dead stock I assumed, so I guess there's a high probability I have the ones with newly printed covers. Not that it bothers me that much, but if that is the case I think I paid too much for them.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

You got exactly what I mean, but this is something that has to be answered by someone who has seen both. A friend has the repressed sleeve version and told me it's not hard to make out it's pressed anew. The spine could be wide and "squared" in older presses however, but I guess they didn't "square" the seams also, so I'll have to ask him and compare with an original, or maybe someone else here can say for sure.
Never trust the Goblin King....
vasilis2112

Re: Bootleg Warning Thread - LP (2013)

Post by vasilis2112 »

I bought both thor and mata a la bestia lps recently for a very decent price, they were both in mint condition. I am a bit concerned.
Can someone tell us the differences between originals and bootlegs?
What about Exodo?

My Thor vinyls' sleves smell like old sleeves (you know what I mean, old paper and vinyl), I guess new pressed sleeves will not smell like this!
gravesnatcher

Post by gravesnatcher »

what Cuntry did you buy the Matia a la bestia lp from? Then it might be easy to know
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

gravesnatcher wrote:what Cuntry did you buy the Matia a la bestia lp from? Then it might be easy to know
I bought both mata and st lp from a spanish punk records dealer. He was selling them mint on discogs for 120e each. I bought them both for 100e, I got concerned by the condition and I asked him if he found some old copies or something strange happens. He told me he found a few copies.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

if you can post or email a photo or scan of the spines I can compare to my copies I bought over 15 years ago.
vasilis2112 wrote:
gravesnatcher wrote:what Cuntry did you buy the Matia a la bestia lp from? Then it might be easy to know
I bought both mata and st lp from a spanish punk records dealer. He was selling them mint on discogs for 120e each. I bought them both for 100e, I got concerned by the condition and I asked him if he found some old copies or something strange happens. He told me he found a few copies.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG (223.41 KiB) Viewed 8591 times
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

I m sorry for the quality, it's the best I can do.
There is nothing else on mata spine, just white.
Thor lp has nothing on the spine just the edge of the front picture.
Something like this...
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

IMG_1266[1].JPG
IMG_1266[1].JPG (240.06 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

IMG_1270[1].JPG
IMG_1270[1].JPG (228.27 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

The Spanish punk dealer is a very serious and honest man....I traded with him already 15 years ago....got tons of old Spanish stock from him, also THOR Lps, EXODO, MARVEL, VIRGEN lps etc. all definitely original. No rip-off at all....
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Fils Du Metal wrote:The Spanish punk dealer is a very serious and honest man....I traded with him already 15 years ago....got tons of old Spanish stock from him, also THOR Lps, EXODO, MARVEL, VIRGEN lps etc. all definitely original. No rip-off at all....
He seemed very honest to me too. I do not suspect him. In fact he is one of the reasons I believe my records are original.
But perhaps he didn't know.