Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2013)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Fils Du Metal

Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2013)

Post by Fils Du Metal »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brainfever-You- ... 7675.l2557

usually sell(s) it for 15 or 18 € :-(
crazy....
mordred

Post by mordred »

I've wanted that record for several years and put in a bid in that auction over 50 dollars. I thought that would surely be enough but no, not even close. :(
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Last copy I saw sold for $35, so this was crazy indeed. I've seen it for sale at KiT for around the same price as Peter mentions (€18 I think). :?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
mordred

Post by mordred »

I've NEVER seen it and I've been thinking about looking for it at every KIT since 2008.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

mordred wrote:I've NEVER seen it and I've been thinking about looking for it at every KIT since 2008.
If I ever see it again at KiT, I'll let you know ASAP.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2013)

Post by Prowler »

Fils Du Metal wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brainfever-You- ... 7675.l2557

crazy....
Awesome! :lol: There has just been a copy for sale a couple of weeks ago and it ended around 20 Euros too.
It's getting even crazier every month ... standard records selling for insane prices. Usually only the well known Kreator, Sodom, Exumer, Necronomicon etc stuff had these extremely high prices (seen by the quantity of pressings made) but now even the average crap reaches insane prices. I wonder who are these guys ... are they kids paying with their daddys credit card??? Damn, I'll never find out! :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:
Fils Du Metal wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brainfever-You- ... 7675.l2557

crazy....
Awesome! :lol: There has just been a copy for sale a couple of weeks ago and it ended around 20 Euros too.
It's getting even crazier every month ... standard records selling for insane prices. Usually only the well known Kreator, Sodom, Exumer, Necronomicon etc stuff had these extremely high prices (seen by the quantity of pressings made) but now even the average crap reaches insane prices. I wonder who are these guys ... are they kids paying with their daddys credit card??? Damn, I'll never find out! :wink:
I say give it 5-10 years and a lot of this stuff will come back up for sale really cheap. Only the real fans will remain.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

Prowler wrote:Awesome! :lol: There has just been a copy for sale a couple of weeks ago and it ended around 20 Euros too.
Where? That auction surely didn't come to my attention through my saved Ebay searches, which this one did.
mordred

Post by mordred »

... and to anyone who considers 100 dollars an "insane price" and that buyers have to be rich or kids stealing their dad's money we need to put things in the proper perspective. 100 dollars is practically NOTHING. Maybe if you live in Botswana, Belarus or Afghanistan it's a lot of money, but in the western world it's peanuts. I live in Sweden and earn an average income at best and I could wipe my ass with a 100 dollar bill and it would make no difference. Ffs it's about half of what I make from a day's work.

If the Brainfever 12'' would have been a "standard record" I think I would have seen a copy for sale at some point. You would think there would have been at least a copy for sale at Discogs. Or Musicstack. Or Gemm. There's not.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ok Mordred, I like your avatar and your musical tastes, but the last post is really non sense. 100$ is nothing and you could wipe your ass with it ?
Then explain me why you refused to sell me that Living Death cd ? Afterall 30 euro difference compared to what you asked is "less" than nothing, no ? :lol:
Last edited by Helstar on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

earth calling mordred.please respond.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I hope so... :?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Well the relative value of $100 depends on your frame of reference. If you make $5000 a month it's not that much, but if you live in a low income country, have a low income job, or have loads of other expenses (house, car, kids etc) $100 can be quite a lot.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
humus

Post by humus »

If you make $100000 a month and drop $100 on a record that normally sells for 1/5th of the price, you're still an idiot. No frame of reference needed.