By far the best collection of rules ever!!!!!! I can't stop laughingnightsblood wrote:The 10 Commandments of Heavy Metal Record Prices
1. If I want a copy, it is worth $5.
2. If I don't own it but I don't want it, it is worth $5.
3. If more than 2 copies are known to exist, it is worth $5.
4. If I don't like the music, it is worth $5.
5. If I have never heard of the record, it is worth $5.
6. If the band members have not been tracked down for spare copies, it is worth $5.
7. If a dealer found four copies 18 year ago, that counts as quantity and thus it is worth $5.
8. If I am trying to buy your copy, then any condition issue drops the price to $5.
9. If the record sold for $5 back in 1991, I should still be able to buy it today for $5.
10. If I own the record and someone else wants it, it is incredibly rare and is a killer album of pure, true, steel worth a small fortune even though it skips and is missing the cover.
The Golden Rule:
If I already own it, then the insanely high price of the last ebay auction is perfectly realistic. If it's on my want list, that auction was a one-time fluke and no sane person would ever pay more than $5.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests