Non-urgent Vinyl Inquiries - READ THE FIRST POST

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Is 25€ (+ post.) a good price/too much for this lp in the shown condition (seamsplit on left edge)?

if you bought it in Germany it's quite expensive. The original purple vinyl version would be better for that price.

However, what would be a fair price for a Def Leppard "The Def Leppard EP" original second pressing with yellow labels (never with PS)?
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Does Ninja - Invincible LP really contain a lyrics sheet as it is claimed on metalpage.de? The copay I have got recently doesn`t.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Prowler wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:Is 25€ (+ post.) a good price/too much for this lp in the shown condition (seamsplit on left edge)?
if you bought it in Germany it's quite expensive. The original purple vinyl version would be better for that price.
However, what would be a fair price for a Def Leppard "The Def Leppard EP" original second pressing with yellow labels (never with PS)?
The purple vinyl usually costs around 60 to 80 Euros (depends on the condition).
The ZYX edition costs around 30 to 40 Euros at Excellent to Mint condition, so 25 Euros is not a bad price but it is not a bargain either (because of it's condition).

As for the Def Leppard 15 to 20 Euros.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
faster

Post by faster »

Herkus Monte wrote:Does Ninja - Invincible LP really contain a lyrics sheet as it is claimed on metalpage.de? The copay I have got recently doesn`t.
Mine does include a lyric sheet. Lyrics on one side and a band photo on the other side.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

chatzial wrote:
Prowler wrote:
The purple vinyl usually costs around 60 to 80 Euros (depends on the condition).
The ZYX edition costs around 30 to 40 Euros at Excellent to Mint condition, so 25 Euros is not a bad price but it is not a bargain either (because of it's condition).
In Germany it's much cheaper available than 30 Euros. Just have seen a 5 E copy recently. Also the purple vinyl version doesn't reaches those 60 Euros anymore as there was just a couple of weeks ago one up on ebay.com and it was sold for a couple of 20 or 30 $.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Prowler wrote:
chatzial wrote:
Prowler wrote: if you bought it in Germany it's quite expensive. The original purple vinyl version would be better for that price.
In Germany it's much cheaper available than 30 Euros. Just have seen a 5 E copy recently. Also the purple vinyl version doesn't reaches those 60 Euros anymore as there was just a couple of weeks ago one up on ebay.com and it was sold for a couple of 20 or 30 $.
I did not see that auction. Next time you'll see a purple one for up to $30, please let me know ('cause i don't have it in my collection, i only have the ZYX).
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

chatzial wrote:
Prowler wrote:
chatzial wrote:
I did not see that auction. Next time you'll see a purple one for up to $30, please let me know ('cause i don't have it in my collection, i only have the ZYX).
Alright, will remember you. I thought of buying it for myself as trade but it seems that most guys do not care about this band at all. Which is sad ...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

faster wrote:
Herkus Monte wrote:Does Ninja - Invincible LP really contain a lyrics sheet as it is claimed on metalpage.de? The copay I have got recently doesn`t.
Mine does include a lyric sheet. Lyrics on one side and a band photo on the other side.
mhmm means i have a double challenge, finding it AND having the lyrics sheet included, becomes a bigger pain in the ass catch....
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

So one of the inner sleeves of my LPs developed brown spots which since the inner sleeve was plain paper I assume is "foxing". And the spotty "foxing" appears to be either a fungi or fragments of metals corroding.

Question is: Has anyone had any experience with this kind of "foxing" being contagious? As in, has anyone observed it spread to other inner sleeves, outer sleeves or labels?

If it's a fungi it should die if it's dried out, has anyone had any experience with drying an outer sleeve in the oven? If yes, does anyone have any advice to give me?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

If it is a fungus it could definitely spread, isolate the affected record immediately. No idea about "baking" an LP sleeve, I don't think it would turn out well.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

perishinflames wrote:If it is a fungus it could definitely spread, isolate the affected record immediately. No idea about "baking" an LP sleeve, I don't think it would turn out well.
It has been isolated and the inner sleeve (which was generic white) in question burned. But I am still worried that the much more important outer sleeve and the labels needs to be "sterilized".

Would there be some other solution to making sure the possible infection is eliminated? I currently do not have the economy to buy expensive mold killing cleaning alcohols etc.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Prowler wrote: However, what would be a fair price for a Def Leppard "The Def Leppard EP" original second pressing with yellow labels (never with PS)?
not much, like 6-10€.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Warepire wrote:
perishinflames wrote:If it is a fungus it could definitely spread, isolate the affected record immediately. No idea about "baking" an LP sleeve, I don't think it would turn out well.
It has been isolated and the inner sleeve (which was generic white) in question burned. But I am still worried that the much more important outer sleeve and the labels needs to be "sterilized".

Would there be some other solution to making sure the possible infection is eliminated? I currently do not have the economy to buy expensive mold killing cleaning alcohols etc.
Use a hairdryer instead of baking the sleeve. You have better control about the process. If you see something is happeing you definitely stop the decay process, in the oven everything is too late.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Prowler wrote:
Warepire wrote:

Use a hairdryer instead of baking the sleeve. You have better control about the process. If you see something is happeing you definitely stop the decay process, in the oven everything is too late.
I will try this, thank you!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

X - I'll Kill You 7" value?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well