Replica vinyl bootlegs that attempt to be sold as original

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I have sold 50 + copies of this also.
I got 50 from the studio and have found 15-20 just out in stores over the years.
"I am NOT a collector"
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT - 7" japan has been bootlegged (original only black vinyl; I don't know th others difference with the original)

The Original: only available in BLACK Vinyl

The Reissue: COLORED Vinyl (Blue, Red, Gold)

No Black Vinyl Reissues known until now ... but Iron Maiden is a neverending source of BIG MONEY, so we all can wait until a Repro comes into the market which looks 99% like the Original.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

TheGreatEscape wrote: This guy alone sold between 50 and 100 copies of MS, maybe even more! I think I got 10-20 copies from him in total over the years and I know other Swiss collectors / traders / dealers that got this amount of copies from him.
Do you mean Reto?
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

chatzial wrote:
TheGreatEscape wrote: This guy alone sold between 50 and 100 copies of MS, maybe even more! I think I got 10-20 copies from him in total over the years and I know other Swiss collectors / traders / dealers that got this amount of copies from him.
Do you mean Reto?

No, the guy I've mentioned was the force behind Chainsaw Murder Records ... Reto was one of the other guys that got many copies from him.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:Is there a Medieval Steel boot on the market?

sold just a few weeks ago:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/170920616043?ssP ... 1435.l2649

same guy:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Medieval-Steel-M ... 0616043%26
The same photo was used in both auctions. My guess is the buyer of the first auction fell through for whatever reason so it was relisted.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

TheGreatEscape wrote:TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT - 7" japan has been bootlegged (original only black vinyl; I don't know th others difference with the original)

The Original: only available in BLACK Vinyl

The Reissue: COLORED Vinyl (Blue, Red, Gold)

No Black Vinyl Reissues known until now ... but Iron Maiden is a neverending source of BIG MONEY, so we all can wait until a Repro comes into the market which looks 99% like the Original.
Thanks for the help!I was not sure of this.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

TheGreatEscape wrote:
Prowler wrote:Is there a Medieval Steel boot on the market?

sold just a few weeks ago:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/170920616043?ssP ... 1435.l2649

same guy:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Medieval-Steel-M ... 0616043%26

Don't know, but the Medieval Steel EP is not as rare as you might think ... there was one guy here in Switzerland who had the best connections to the USA back in the 80ies and he always used to have Medieval Steel EP's for sale (this was 20+ years ago, so no doubts about the real thing or not).

This guy alone sold between 50 and 100 copies of MS, maybe even more! I think I got 10-20 copies from him in total over the years and I know other Swiss collectors / traders / dealers that got this amount of copies from him. So the MS EP was very well spread all over Switzerland and I remember one record fair (about 10-12 years ago) when I found 4 or 5 copies of this masterpiece! Back then, it was quite easy to find copies for approx. Swiss Francs 25-35 max (approx. EUR 20-25) and I passed MANY copies because they were priced too high (around EUR 50)!

So I guess the distribution here in Europe wasn't too bad, so I do not wonder if anyone has more than 1 copy of it for sale ...
I know that the Medieval Steel EP is just a "hyped rarity", but nevertheless a soon as a copy is up on ebay the boys get mad on it, totally mad. And I also know that noone is hot for a re-release. If someone decided to bootleg the MS EP (remember Solar Eagle was sold sealed too) he'd make a nice turn by selling the copies for 80 $ each or more ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I'd like to get the Medieval Steel EP for a reasonable price...
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

chatzial wrote:And something about the Medieval Steel LP, it is not that rare.
Band members (and manager if i remember correctly) used to have many copies untill a few years back. It's high price was a reflection of it's huge name in the underground metal circles. I remember back in the mid '90s there were a couple of metal-clubs here in Greece that played the Medieval Steel song every night.
I've read in a fanzine 10-15 years ago that it was pressed in 20'000 copies !
One of the bandmembers told this in an interview !
Eventually this was a mistake and it's 2000 copies ? I would say at least that and even 20''000 seems not impossible to me !
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

tbieri wrote:
chatzial wrote:And something about the Medieval Steel LP, it is not that rare.
Band members (and manager if i remember correctly) used to have many copies untill a few years back. It's high price was a reflection of it's huge name in the underground metal circles. I remember back in the mid '90s there were a couple of metal-clubs here in Greece that played the Medieval Steel song every night.
I've read in a fanzine 10-15 years ago that it was pressed in 20'000 copies !
One of the bandmembers told this in an interview !
Eventually this was a mistake and it's 2000 copies ? I would say at least that and even 20''000 seems not impossible to me !
They wish :lol:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Death Rider

Post by Death Rider »

According to Chuck Jones, Medieval Steel was pressed in 5000 copies. Also it was pressed in cassettes but I don't know the exact number. Few for sure.
Necrosathanas

Post by Necrosathanas »

Death Rider wrote:According to Chuck Jones, Medieval Steel was pressed in 5000 copies. Also it was pressed in cassettes but I don't know the exact number. Few for sure.
If anyone has one, I'd like to see a picture of an original copy of the Medieval Steel cassette. Never seen one.
Reapersgrave

Post by Reapersgrave »

I have the recent sarcofago INRI boot that looks like cogumelo pressing, i noticed in the past month also a sepultura morbid visions boot thats similar (at least if you have the black vinyl pressing, other colors were made and easy to distinguish). Perhaps same bootlegger and we will see more replica pressings of classic cogumelo records?
humus

Post by humus »

I searched for an original INRI LP for over a decade, never found one. Then the bootleg came out and I stopped looking for the original. 2 months ago I came across a decent good original at a record fair and bought it. Last week a friend offered me his original copy and I had to decline because I already own the original now.
Not looking for things sometimes pays off more than looking for something :lol:

I'd like to get Morbid visions bootleg for a normal price if someone knows where.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

humus wrote:I searched for an original INRI LP for over a decade, never found one. Then the bootleg came out and I stopped looking for the original. 2 months ago I came across a decent good original at a record fair and bought it. Last week a friend offered me his original copy and I had to decline because I already own the original now.
Not looking for things sometimes pays off more than looking for something :lol:.
Ha, same here. But I think this was much harder to find some years ago, really beat up copies popped up for insane prices at most. Eventually I randomly came across a copy for 20€, that was sweet.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well