Medieval Steel 1984 vinyl EP bootleg?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
big mouth

Medieval Steel 1984 vinyl EP bootleg?

Post by big mouth »

Split this topic into a seperate thread to make finding this information easier. /Mod

Another question, have you ever heard of a bootleg press on vinyl of the 1984 EP?????? Guitarist Chuck Jones said there was plenty of bootlegs of it but I have doubts when it comes to the vinyl....
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

None. The only bootleg I know of is the Hellion/Reborn Classics cd stuff though I guess there might be one in that Hot Metal series or whatever from Greece, not sure on that one.
big mouth wrote:Another question, have you ever heard of a bootleg press on vinyl of the 1984 EP?????? Guitarist Chuck Jones said there was plenty of bootlegs of it but I have doubts when it comes to the vinyl....
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

doomedplanet wrote:None. The only bootleg I know of is the Hellion/Reborn Classics cd stuff though I guess there might be one in that Hot Metal series or whatever from Greece, not sure on that one.
big mouth wrote:Another question, have you ever heard of a bootleg press on vinyl of the 1984 EP?????? Guitarist Chuck Jones said there was plenty of bootlegs of it but I have doubts when it comes to the vinyl....
Chuck started spreeding that crap after SUR sold a old box of vinyl a while back and made more money then he ever did being in the band.

This is about the 5 thing like this I heard this week. People pleased don't beleave everything these OLD bands say. I can say first hand you have a 50/50 shot of it being the truth.
"I am NOT a collector"
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Thanks. I was pretty sure it was a bunch of crap but in those days where bootlegs rule the scene you never know.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I'm curious what you mean by this? Bootlegs never rules any 'scene' that I'm aware of and especially vinyl bootlegs. Sure there have always been live gigs on vinyl but by this statement I'm guessing you mean bootlegs of official metal releases on viny?l and they were pretty uncommon back then and even now. cd bootlegs seem to be more common now than ever.

<snip>
big mouth wrote: in those days where bootlegs rule the scene you never know.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Well you're right it's mostly bootleg cds.... there's never been much bootleg vinyls but those bootlegs cds drive me crazy.....
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

By the way did the EP ever come out with an insert guys?
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Hmm... please don't forget my question from today regarding the fact that I'd like to know if the EP has an insert originally or not..thanks guys!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Medieval Steel EP doesn't have an insert no.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Thanks Daniel.