AMOEBA: Massive vinyl collection sale

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Stormspell

AMOEBA: Massive vinyl collection sale

Post by Stormspell »

Wonder if it is worth getting up early in the morning and the 1-hour drive to San Francisco:

"Attention all METAL heads: last weekend a behemoth metal vinyl collection descended upon Amoeba Music's San Francisco location!!! Hundreds of records spanning from roughly 1980 to the early-1990's era of vinyl production disruption, including virtually every style of metal imaginable from heavy, hard, hair (glam), thrash, speed, sleaze, and everything in between, including some far-out regional private press pieces. This hoard of remarkable bangers are in excellent condition or maiden (i.e. factory sealed). We're busy readying the beast for release in stages with the first wave to be presented for sale this weekend on Saturday, August 18th. Come feast your eyes, and beware of Stevil and metal Ben's "Buy Or Die" maxim!"

http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2012/08/grow ... kend-.html

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

There doesn't seem to be anything too rare from what I see but if you are after hole fillers and the price is right, why not?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Taist of Iron - $250
Nuns Have No Fun - $75
Halloween - $50
Sacred Few Beyond Iron Walls - $60
Saint Original Sin - $60

I'd go in a heartbeat.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Just out of curiosity, where did you find the prices?

I have reservations going because I expect either the prices to be eBay cmpatible, or else some employee/insider to cherry pick all good stuff before regular customers can put a hand on it. Besides, it is an hour drive for me, and parking in SF is a nightmare...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

GandALF wrote:Just out of curiosity, where did you find the prices?

I have reservations going because I expect either the prices to be eBay cmpatible, or else some employee/insider to cherry pick all good stuff before regular customers can put a hand on it. Besides, it is an hour drive for me, and parking in SF is a nightmare...
I just listed the market value of some of the items, not what Amoeba expects to be paid for them. Chances are they have heard of Popsike, which means any good deal is out of the question. My post was mostly directed at Avenger, who claimed that there were no rarities in the collection.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Hans

Post by Hans »

looks great!! and I love that shop, been there only once actually :D , too bad its a shitload of miles away hehe
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Hans wrote:looks great!! and I love that shop, been there only once actually :D , too bad its a shitload of miles away hehe
me too! the memory plus those tempting pics hurt! :cry: :wink:
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I just got a call from Russ from BBT&D, he is at Amoeba right now.

He says most prices are high, but I guess not crazy.

Attacker 'Battle" coh $20??
Rellik 12" $100
Halloween - $50
Saint Original Sin - $50
Pentagram 2nd album $100.
Vice on reil $70
but he is getting the Taist of Iron for a lot less than $250...

he asked about 7" while we were on the phone, they said they didn't get any.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Seems I've made a good choice not to go. With popsike prices like those I'd have been broken in few seconds flat...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Khnud wrote:post was mostly directed at Avenger, who claimed that there were no rarities in the collection.
Take my post with a pinch of salt. "Too rare" will very by opinion. All of the records listed see ebay rotation several times a year which in my eyes means they aren't "too rare".
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."