ARMOURED ANGEL

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
The Sentinel

ARMOURED ANGEL

Post by The Sentinel »

Does someone know if "Mysterium" has been released on vinyl? Their other works have been released except this one seems to be not. This band drives me mad everytime I hear their crushing tunes. RIFFS RIFFS RIFFS :twisted:
Long Live The Loud !!!
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

No, not yet, as far as I know. I hope it does at some stage but I haven't even heard of a possible vinyl release.
Yeah, one hell of a band. I always think of early Razor when I listen to them. They don't sound the exact same or anything but they both have that vicious, don't fuck with me, sound. I'd love to see them live.
I quite like Baptism In Blood. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's not bad at all. Stigmartyr is a beast though.
Lukcifer

Post by Lukcifer »

Abysmal Sounds is doing the whole discography on vinyl, next up is supposed to be the demos but unfortunatly the band members are too busy fighting over which photos to include in the booklet so only Satan knows when this will see the light of day...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Killer band, like a darker BOLT THROWER.
Any idea which demos are getting inclded on the release?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Lukcifer

Post by Lukcifer »

Well the band only did three demos and Baptism in Blood has already been released so that leaves us with Wings of Death & Communinon. Unsure weather the plan is to realease these togeather or as seperate releases though.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Lukcifer wrote:Well the band only did three demos and Baptism in Blood has already been released so that leaves us with Wings of Death & Communinon. Unsure weather the plan is to realease these togeather or as seperate releases though.
There are a few other AA demo recordings:

They did a 4-song demo around 1995:
thy blood eterne
gulka
way of sorrows
oriax
This is a great demo very much in the style of Stigmartyr and Mysterium

There was a 7-song demo recorded in 97 for the 'Angel of the 6th Order' album. Most of the tracks ended up on Aot6O in similar forms, though the demos include a new version of 'Hymn of Hate', a track called 'Exorcise the Demon', which is a reworked version of 'Thy Blood Eterne', and a slower version of 'Whore of Babylon'.

An old Metal Maniacs interview references a 1996 recording session with the Lucy-Green-Green lineup that had Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke) working with them in the studio. The recordings are reportedly very different from the rest of the band's catalog; they were meant to be the basis of the band's first album but were never completed. I haven't heard this recording, so the above comments are based on the interview.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

The last 4-song demo that was produced by Jaz Coleman & recorded in NZ is killer!!!
It was a promo only, I haven't listened to it for a while.. but it would be nice to see it released as an EP on CD or vinyl one day
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
George A

Armoured angel

Post by George A »

wings of death was released from CCG Underground label (same label that released demos from funeral nation, ripping corpse, etc) as a demo Lp in 1991
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Does someone know if this cd is still available? Has it been released??????

ARMOURED ANGEL: Hymns of Hate CD
Long Live The Loud !!!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

it should be still easily available

http://www.discogs.com/Armoured-Angel-H ... se/3992547
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

After a long search I finally got it from "Aurora Australis Records":

I'm really glad I finally got the "Communion" demo on a decent medium.
Great CD package btw.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Looks very interesting ! This is a double cd release right ? Silver cds or CDRs ?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Yes, double silver cd's; looks very professional; really recommended.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Thanks ! It will be mine too ;)